Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

The first posted story pointed out that Cindy and George were NOT interviewed. AS REQUIRED BY LAW. But now the story has been changed to miss this point entirely. Cindy must have got Lippman on the case right away. Only Cindy gets such quick service in this case, sadly!!!

The report itself indicates CA was interviewed, along with whatshername. Together (bad move). It says GA was not at home, and towards the end the report notes that LA should have been interviewed. In reality, the month long delay in Caylee being reported "missing" played a large part in CFCA walking away, imo. Makes me :sick:

I was reading New York Post yesterday(don't know if anyone already posted this),but George and Sindy are scouting for publishers for a book deal,and wanting to do an interview with Anderson Cooper's show for a mere $450.000.What nerve do these people have.Lots,huh?By the way,I'm new to this forum,but already know I enjoy it,just by looking it over!

:welcome4:

I was reading New York Post yesterday(don't know if anyone already posted this),but George and Sindy are scouting for publishers for a book deal,and wanting to do an interview with Anderson Cooper's show for a mere $450.000.What nerve do these people have.Lots,huh?By the way,I'm new to this forum,but already know I enjoy it,just by looking it over!

Welcome aboard!
Great minds think alike!
:welcome:

A DCF spokeswoman said death investigations and reviews are done independently of the outcome of any legal proceedings.

"These investigations provide critical history should the Department have future contact with the family, or in response to any future concerns related to new children in the household," spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner said in an email.

The report says that Cindy and Lee Anthony should have been interviewed for the missing person report, citing a Florida administrative code.

What is going on here again??????????

News13 reporting that DCF withheld this report as a "courtesy" to the primary agency. Oh yeah? As a courtesy to who???

Also that this report will go on her "permanent record."

Well, maybe it'll prevent her from adopting a child from Ireland?

My blood is boiling too. :maddening:

PS...about 7 minutes to that live DCF conference.

BBM

And just who might the "primary agency" be??? This is such a mess and just continues to be a mess. A subordinate agency withholds a very important report as a "courtesy". Have we entered the twilight zone one again or did we never leave?

Welcome to the board and for that info!!!

HLN just announced this a few minutes ago, along with the DCF report. Oh, they just came back with another report, from the Anthony's attorney via "People Magazine", that they are not shopping a book. {think I got that right} At any rate, 'Lippman is putting out a "that is not true text" to someone about a book deal.

Simon and Schuster, the publishing Company has gone on record and said that they will not touch anything from anyone that has any involvment with the Anthony's, or, the Anthony's.
I *think* HLN also said that this is what many publishing companies are saying as well.

The DCF report, according to HLN, does open the door for a civil suit is what they said.

God, how I pray that someone comes forward and it can be established that they are either the father of Caylee, or, relatives on the father's side.
And, that in doing so, any judgement would be set aside to a legit organization, like TES, or along those lines.

As far as George and Cindy wanting to do an interview with Anderson Cooper, I'm glad that door was slammed in their face.
I would have been very, very surprised had Anderson Cooper agreed to do this, or, have anything to do with.
He didn't cover this case in detail, and I think probably only jumped on it at the end because everyone else had their hands and mouths all over it.

A "mere" $450 grand huh.....they must be realizing that the air "up there" that they breathe isn't any differant than the rest of us.
Price check on aisle 3, price is coming down.
I bet they are angry that Casey just made some nice pocket change last week, and Cindy's 401 and credit is still sitting ruined.

Well, any money that Casey has gotton her hands on is well protected and hidden, and that was taken care of long ago. And, I bet before the DT went to bed the night of the verdict, that that account was double checked and hidden a little deeper.

That poor baby ~
I wish that a lot of things could be done, but I'm afraid we'll see it in our lifetimes.

No reputable publisher wants to touch their lies.

Why was this report not filed and this agency not part of the trial? I cannot get over the disconnect in this case. It just makes me angry.

Two reasons come to mind (at least for my State):
1) Child Protective Services (CPS) is never involved in the criminal trials - those are 2 separate and distictly different arms of the law. Criminal court can utilize some of the CPS records but generally CPS records are confidential. A founded CPS abuse and/or neglect finding does not usually translate to a criminal charge, unless it also violates a criminal law. The criminal part was being handled by the Prosecution. The CPS part is separate.
2) CPS chose to wait to issue a finding of neglect and failure to protect until after the criminal proceedings were finished. I would imagine that since the child was deceased, there was no urgency to proceed with this finding - as there was no longer an issue of imminent harm if they waited to file their report.

CPS only has power to attempt to protect the children, and since that was no longer an issue - they did the only thing they could . . . . at the very least this was an appropriate thing to do (IMO).

What this finding does mean for KC:
1) she will always have a founded neglect on her record with CPS. That helps if she were ever to apply for a job where she might be in care and control of vulnerable populations (ie: daycare, teacher, medical assistant, for children/disabled/elderly populations). Of course, someone would actually have to search for a background check on her.

2) Should she give birth to another child in the future (oh perish the thought) CPS could intervene on behalf of the best interest of the child if they received a credible referral. There would be a founded allegation of neglect that led to a child's death on kc's record. That would certainly be a red flag to offer services to her - but I am not aware of the nuances of Florida Child Protection laws.

Her previous convictions of the check charges most likely will prevent her from lawfully obtaining a job where should would handle money (ie: bank teller, cashier, financial advisor, etc), if a prospective employer did a background check on her.

To me this report means nothing if the department doesn't follow through with pressing charges. What's the point of it now if they don't? Other than having it on record in the event that FCA gives birth to another child in the future? OR, are they just trying to prove that they are doing their job? I think that someone should shuffle on over to the ask a lawyer thread and see if they think that charges can be brought up with this report. Right now it's just a piece of paper and that is all.

I switched my tv over to Channel 13 to catch the news conference and the reporter was discussing the report with the anchor. the anchor asked her why the report was released now, and the reporter stated that DCF told her that "AS A COURTESY, THEY WAITED UNTIL AFTER THE TRIAL". WTH? I am so disappointed in the way MY COUNTY has handled this entire matter.:banghead:

News13 reporting that DCF withheld this report as a "courtesy" to the primary agency. Oh yeah? As a courtesy to who???

Also that this report will go on her "permanent record."

Well, maybe it'll prevent her from adopting a child from Ireland?

My blood is boiling too. :maddening:

PS...about 7 minutes to that live DCF conference.

I hope this means that any further children she gives birth to are taken away!

A DCF spokeswoman said death investigations and reviews are done independently of the outcome of any legal proceedings.

"These investigations provide critical history should the Department have future contact with the family, or in response to any future concerns related to new children in the household," spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner said in an email.

The report says that Cindy and Lee Anthony should have been interviewed for the missing person report, citing a Florida administrative code.

What is going on here again??????????

Page 9 of the report states that Cindy and Casey were interviewed by the CPI on 8/25/08. If I'm reading it right, subsequent interview requests were avoided by the Ants, Baez and his client. And, apparently, they didn't attempt to interview LA. Maybe that's what the media report is referring to. :confused:

Can anyone even count up the number of times and different ways the whole Florida law - legal system has kicked the good people in Florida in the head here now?

Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said
After a nearly three-year investigation, DCF officials release comprehensive review of Caylee's death.

11:20 a.m. EDT, August 11, 2011

DCF officials this morning confirmed that Caylee Marie's death was the result of Casey Anthony's failure to protect her, an agency report released today shows.

"It is the conclusion of the Department of Children and Families that [Casey Anthony] failed to protect her child from harm either through her actions or lack of actions, which tragically resulted in the child's untimely death," the investigation's report states.

The nearly three-year investigation verified three allegations classified as "maltreatments," including death, failure to protect and threatened harm.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-anthony-dcf-report-20110811,0,1774056.story

:waitasec: The DCF is "a day late and a dollar short" !

:maddening: WHY wasn't this brought out at trial ?

:waitasec: Is it "too late" to press charges ?

MOO MOO MOO ...

I read that the grandfather should have been interviewed. My, what a difference that would have made, IF this document had been presented as evidence. Why was this not produced as evidence? Even without the grandfather and maternal uncle, it screams...oh, nevermind. I'm getting very very angry. :banghead:

Okay DCF so tell us something the whole world doesn't know already except for maybe those 12 jurors?

Well, at least it's on record that FCA is NOT and NEVER WAS MOTY. Eat that, Cindy. That stays FOREVER. It gives me a little bit of happiness that at least DCF didn't think Casey was a good mother and it's on record and now out in the media. At least it's something, another little sign that Casey wasn't some innocent mom who lost her child in a tragic pool drowning. I wonder if the any of the Pinellas 12 has seen this yet? I hope they have, and it scares them s***less.

Page 9 of the report states that Cindy and Casey were interviewed by the CPI on 8/25/08. If I'm reading it right, subsequent interview requests were avoided by the Ants, Baez and his client. And, apparently, they didn't attempt to interview LA. Maybe that's what the media report is referring to. :confused:

I believe that what is referred to is that Cindy and George should have had a separate interview. That never happened. On the Aug. 25TH they went to interview Casey. Yet Cindy kept butting in. George was not present. And the interview was not for George and Cindy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back