Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

Um - the lying to the cops charges were misdemeanors if she's appealing felony convictions, she appealing her check fraud convictions (hello Amy)

Which is it?

She can't appeal the check fraud convictions. She took 'full responsibility' for them in a court of law. Sorry she wasn't a better friend to Amy and all that.

The only thing I can figure out about why she and her brilliant DT have decided to appeal the lying charges is to buy time. It's been their MO from the beginning. They know she's going to be facing endless lawsuits and I guess they'd rather have her face the Judge and TRY to contest these charges - for which she's already served her time - than to expose her to the civil suits which are going to happen no matter how long it takes.

The wesh article says it is the 4 misdemeanors. Guess we will wait to see what gets set for this.

Well, whatever it is - I wish she would get HHJP again - I suspect he's feeling a little testy about the verdict....

A grief counselor will say Casey lied from grief. Grief from the accidental death of Caylee. So she was not capable of ration thinking. Thus the lies are irreverent. Or that Casey was in denial from reality from the loss of Caylee. Thus not capable of rational thought.

Casey could easily win this appeal. It is "bullet proof" Casey after all.

But Dr. Krop, her defense appointed psychologist has essentially said there's nothing wrong with her but "immaturity". They can't have it both ways!

Or can they......?!?

These will not be overturned, they have her lying on tape and video, oh and writing. It is just a stall tactic and a waste of everyone's time.

How long will the appeal process take for these 4 misdemeanors? Are we talking a year or more?

Um - the lying to the cops charges were misdemeanors if she's appealing felony convictions, she appealing her check fraud convictions (hello Amy)

Which is it?

But she admitted to HHJS that she stole the checks and apologized to Amy in court. Wouldn't she have had to appeal that sentence right away after the fraud trial?

These will not be overturned, they have her lying on tape and video, oh and writing. It is just a stall tactic and a waste of everyone's time.

It buys her enough time to keep from being deposed by Morgan anytime soon. That was the full intention of this move.

She is appealing these convictions because it keeps her from having to give her deposition to John Morgan. She didn't file these expecting them to be reversed, she filed them to delay the depositions.

~jmo~

Agreed. And I'm sure Morgan and Morgan figured this would happen...all the legal 'posturing'. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

So hear me out...it's coming together in my head...she files appeal to not have to answer the many questions that will be asked because she wants to get PAID for answering those very same questions that will be asked by a big name interviewer.

It's simple. She's Cuba Gooding's character in Jerry Maguire yelling "Show me the money."

This is what I believe as well. If she wins on appeal, I would imagine the next step is suing the state of Florida for wrongful imprisonment, which would lead to compensation by the state.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTRxXvQY0s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTRxXvQY0s[/ame]

She can't appeal the check fraud convictions. She took 'full responsibility' for them in a court of law. Sorry she wasn't a better friend to Amy and all that.

The only thing I can figure out about why she and her brilliant DT have decided to appeal the lying charges is to buy time. It's been their MO from the beginning. They know she's going to be facing endless lawsuits and I guess they'd rather have her face the Judge and TRY to contest these charges - for which she's already served her time - than to expose her to the civil suits which are going to happen no matter how long it takes.

Will KC have to show up in court for this appeal process??

Too bad the Court can't say, "Fine. But you'll remain in jail until the appeal is heard."

I know they couldn't, but that would be my dream.....

I am not legal savvy, but I think if she won her appeal, this would benefit her in a huge way financially. If they overturned her convictions of lying, she would not be liable for paying back the state probably (because she would be not guilty of lying, which led to a lot of the investigation costs), she could use it as leverage in both Tim Miller's and Zenaida Gonzalez's law suits and possibly win those.

Well, peeps, DeLay became the DT's middle name during the trial, so it's going to be difficult to doff that now, don't cha think?

Casey's set to walk - run? - on Sunday (probably in the wee hours). Depo scheduled for Tuesday. Casey said that she would be "unavailable" due to stress from the trial. Enter Baez on his high horse - that looks like a BMW - to delay the depo and appeal lying charges. He's on a roll - soon to be a bank roll - and Casey will probably be long gone. jmo

What are the grounds for appeals? They have her on tape and a hand written lie don't they? Makes no sense. Anything to keep her in the news.

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Likely reason for her appeal is to avoid the significant costs that State is seeking from #caseyanthony @lisabloom @kathybelich @ryansmithtv

OT:

Does anyone know if FCA was ever interviewed by the FBI? I cannot remember what happened yesterday in my own little world, much less what happened 3 years ago with this lying <unusual person>.

What are the grounds for appeals? They have her on tape and a hand written lie don't they? Makes no sense. Anything to keep her in the news.
She's not denying that she lied to law enforcement i.e. Yuri Melich. She is appealing the fact that she was charged and convicted of four separate lies. She and her attorneys are maintaining that the four lies were part of one act - one lie - and should not have been charged separately. Double jeopardy...

KC truly has no shame. As if the public isn't already outraged enough, she and her DT are pouring salt on the wounds. Taxpayers in Florida, haven't you paid for enough of this BS already?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back