Casey appeals her 4 Lying to LE convictions

That's my take... delay, delay, delay.

This may put a crimp in her interview plans (if any) though :)

I doubt if she will have any interviews....how can you interview someone who lies so much? She blatantly lied to detectives trying to help find her daughter. Imagine what she would do in a simple interview?

OT:

Does anyone know if FCA was ever interviewed by the FBI? I cannot remember what happened yesterday in my own little world, much less what happened 3 years ago with this lying <unusual person>.

I believe she talked to one agent but did not say much, only that she felt or believed in her heart Caylee was alive, something like that...

OT:

Does anyone know if FCA was ever interviewed by the FBI? I cannot remember what happened yesterday in my own little world, much less what happened 3 years ago with this lying <unusual person>.

Yes, she was interviewed by the Feds.

Who gets to "read" this appeal and accept it or deny it? I mean which court? Which judge or judges?

Well - I think being a convicted LIAR does not add to Casey's promotional value - in fact - I think it is hurting her and her legal team big time.

:banghead: and of course she wants the good people of Orange County to pay for her appeals. Didn't Baez repeat multiple times that she lied, and was a liar? I realize this is a stall tactic, but haven't the people of OC been raped by this girl enough?

KC truly has no shame. As if the public isn't already outraged enough, she and her DT are pouring salt on the wounds. Taxpayers in Florida, haven't you paid for enough of this BS already?

YES:banghead:

Pfft. One lie vs multiple lies - she's still a liar - and a thief, I might add.

Attorneys for Casey Anthony file an appeal of the 4 convictions of lying to law enforcement this morning.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234

7/15/2011 Notice of Appeal Recorded and Filed CC - DCA, AAG C - Rec
07/15/2011 Motion for Finding of Indigency for Appeal
07/15/2011 Affidavit of Insolvency for Purpose of Appeal Costs Only

How do I see these mombomb? It's bringing to main page and I'm not finding it via a search :(
Thanks!

Is there a link anywhere to the actual Notice of Appeal. I mean the document so we can read it? That would help determine what is going on.

At the end of the trial, DT argued to have the 4 charges combined into one. We should have seen this coming - some here did.
I think if they can get that through the appellate court, then they will argue against paying back the state and then
sue for wrongful imprisonment for the time she served over the maximum for the one misdemeanor.

I guess she could get out of paying the state back - I sure don't know - but I did find an article about wrongful imprisonment compensation in FL. It says $50,000 per year, so even if all 4 counts were reversed she'd be entitled to less than $200,000. Before today I would have said that would be eaten up by civil suits, but now I won't be surprised by anything.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2008-04-30/news/0804290404_1_clean-hands-provision-automatic-compensation-claims-bill.

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
Likely reason for her appeal is to avoid the significant costs that State is seeking from #caseyanthony @lisabloom @kathybelich @ryansmithtv

Pay up Casey:loser:

This is what I believe as well. If she wins on appeal, I would imagine the next step is suing the state of Florida for wrongful imprisonment, which would lead to compensation by the state.

She could only sue for the few days she was held after the not guilty verdict.

The rest of the time she was being held on murder charges with no bond.

A grief counselor will say Casey lied from grief. Grief from the accidental death of Caylee. So she was not capable of ration thinking. Thus the lies are irreverent. Or that Casey was in denial from reality from the loss of Caylee. Thus not capable of rational thought.

Casey could easily win this appeal. It is "bullet proof" Casey after all.

Alrighty then I hope the Feds pursue her lying to them

At the end of the trial, DT argued to have the 4 charges combined into one. We should have seen this coming - some here did.
I think if they can get that through the appellate court, then they will argue against paying back the state and then
sue for wrongful imprisonment for the time she served over the maximum for the one misdemeanor.

I guess she could get out of paying the state back - I sure don't know - but I did find an article about wrongful imprisonment compensation in FL. It says $50,000 per year, so even if all 4 counts were reversed she'd be entitled to less than $200,000. Before today I would have said that would be eaten up by civil suits, but now I won't be surprised by anything.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2008-04-30/news/0804290404_1_clean-hands-provision-automatic-compensation-claims-bill.

She was not held though for the lying conviction all those years. She was held for the murder charges with no bail.

She was only held a few days since the not guilty verdict.

Pfft. One lie vs multiple lies - she's still a liar - and a thief, I might add.

... and a killer. I guess I should add 'in my opinion' since the good citizens of Pinellas county didn't convict her.

I almost hate to use this analagy, but this girl is really shooting herself in the head. Wow, lets just get the masses more angry..... Give someone enough rope.... I see nothing good coming down the line for this gal, and she is utterly clueless what is in store for her out here. She has no idea, she's in complete denial - coocoo for coco puffs.... this is going to be one fun-filled public meltdown to witness. She's going to listen to her lawyers for about a week or two.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back