Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by JBean, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

WELCOME!!
    and thanks for explaining this to me.

2. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

the mind is so interesting........what makes them tick so to speak.......thanks

3. Brini

Brini Future Irene Adler

Yes, it is! :)

It's generally opined that sociopaths are born wired differently. Brutal or the opposite, excessively permissive parents can make the traits worse. In any case, they can't feel much attachment or concern for anyone but themselves. It's supposed to be about a smaller prefrontal cortex and differently-working mirror neurons. :blowkiss:

4. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

I have been told that one is not born with narcissistic personality disorder....told to me by some psychiatrists who specialize with children.

I did not distinguish pathological narcissism from the simple personality disorder when I asked the question.

5. Duckley

Duckley New Member

I have heard this too. Personality Disorders are next to impossible to treat. I once worked with a young woman with this diagnosis, and let me tell you, it was hell. There was still stuff the family could have done (in fairness, perhaps they did) - family therapy, psychiatric assessment and support, family support groups. KC's illness resulted in the family developing a dysfunctional pattern of denial for their survival. With intervention some of the decisions they made could have been different - like you say perhaps allowing KC to adopt out Caylee or adopt her themselves.

Carry on:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78735"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #4[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.