Casey Kasem has passed away ~ Rest in peace, Casey

Oh my gosh when I saw this thread title I thought it must just happen to be someone with the same name (as surprising as that would be). I really hope he's safe.

Same with me!

I hope he is found safe- returned to his loved one quickly.

Didn't his wife have a role on Cheers?

Kasem-Casey-001.jpg

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000QvoxkaWI6n4/s/650/480/Kasem-Casey-001.jpg

Yehp, that's her! I thought she was an actress. They've been married a LONG time.

Yehp! She played a blonde bimbo role.

That's what I thought, lol.

How very sad. They've been together a long time and in the past I remember that they seemed to be really devoted to one another when talking about their marriage.

But I've read off and on for a time now that his kids had concern for his welfare and wanted guardianship.

I hope he's found safe and placed in his daughter's care.

I just hope something more sinister hasn't happened here. Maybe it's me being jaded from all of these cases we all work day in and day out on, but I just don't get a good feeling here. I might be jaded and he fine. I am willing to be wrong!! Please, Mr. Kasem, you have so many "fans" waiting to hear you are okay. Prayers to you and your family. Please :please: :please: come back to your family!!!

Yes, she played Loretta Tortelli, Nick's 2nd wife, on Cheers.

They even had a spin-off in the 80s, "The Tortelli's". She's the woman with the squeaky voice.

__

Jean Kasem has three stepchildren: Kerri, Julie and Mike Kasem.

In October 2013, Kerri Kasem said her father was suffering from Parkinson's disease. On October 1, Kerri Kasem, her siblings and Casey Kasem's brother protested outside Casey and Jean Kasem's home, saying Jean Kasem had been preventing contact with Casey Kasem for three months.

On October 7, 2013, Julie Kasem and her husband, Dr. Jamil Aboulhosn, filed a conservatorship petition to place Casey Kasem under their care.

On May 12, 2014, Kerri Kasem was granted conservatorship over Jean Kasem's objection.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Kasem"]Jean Kasem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/is-radio-legend-casey-kasem-being-hidden-in-canada-1.1818902
bbm

"Is radio legend Casey Kasem being hidden in Canada?"

"I believe my father's wife fled the country (or possibly went to an Indian Reservation) with my Dad because she knew I would win in court today," she posted Monday.

"The judge ordered Adult Protective Services, the PVP [Probate Volunteer Panel] Attorney and the police to look for him. Please pray that he is safe."

In an interview with The Daily News, Kerri added that she suspects her dad might be in Canada."

This woman has been alienating CK from his children for years. And since he has become incapacitated, she has controlled everything. Who knows how this man has been treated (mistreated)? What a spiteful, vindictive crazy person she is. I can't understand how anyone could be this cruel.

IMO, she will play these legal games as she has been doing for years. I'm not expecting her to acquiesce and "turn him over" so to speak. That poor man, and his poor kids. The wife is nuts, and vicious.

I can't understand this blatant nastiness over a dear loved one in the throes of terminal illness. It turns my stomach that the two sides can't get along and come to terms for the benefit of the ailing one. This just isn't wealth. It happens with us poor folks too. Of course, I don't know the details, but why can't his wife buck up and show some compassion. It all seems wrong.

This maybe somewhat OT but want to share.

I know what you mean. It is so bizarre to me that anger and bad emotional repsonses occur when a family member is nearing death. I experienced this first hand with a relative and her family members. I was shocked at the anger and yelling going on and could not understand at first why everyone was so pissed off at each other. It was horrible experience.

I finally figured out the reason why it happens although I hate it still the same.

I conclusion I came up with is this.......

JMO
When people begin grieving for a dying family member, there are 2 incredible and extreme emotions (amongst others) that immediately take hold. SADNESS + ANGER.

The sadness is profound because they are losing a loved one. The anger is just as profound because of the same reason that they are losing a loved one. They are not necessarily mad at the person dying because most of the time the person cannot help it but they are mad at the fact they are losing them.

So they have to find avenues to express this internal anger they have and where do they turn? Towards anybody and everybody around them which most of the time is other close family members.

It is very sad but very real. The misdirected anger at other loved ones is dramatic and sad.

In my situation I tried to help be the mediator and help stop the family members from fighting with each other. I failed miserably. Not only did I fail at it, I also became part of the problem and joined in the anger and frustration.

It was an incredible eye opening experience for me. I learned an awful lot about what people go through and why it happens.

The big lesson I learned is although I failed at stopping the anger and hurtful comments people were making, I did try and I think I did help somewhat so if anybody finds themselves in similar situation, do try because when the dust settles, people will respect you for trying and it gets better in the long run. But tread carefully and make sure the words chosen are very careful. Never shoot off words without thinking very carefully before you say anything.

It is a process that people go through and in the long run, it usually gets much better. But when in the middle of it you have to be very careful and sometimes just staying silent and listening is a key part of it. People need to vent and need to allow their emotions to come out sometimes.

It is a very complex process and if handled wrong, it can have lasting problems. The key is to try to be a good listener and realize what is happening is natural and we all have to get through it.

I heard this yesterday, i hope he's found soon...why would his wife want to keep him from his children? She sounds like she has some sort of personal vendetta against them

Sent from my N9520 using Tapatalk

Hatfield---your post at # 35----OT it may be but wow--am dealing with some crazy family stuff and you have made things quite clear for me--I thank you friend. I will be extra mindful of my words.

and as for Jean this could be all financially motivated-----or perhaps people need to be selfish with grief??????? Does that make any sense??????

I am curious about moving him to the Reservation....was she advised this is more beneficial????

I heard this yesterday, i hope he's found soon...why would his wife want to keep him from his children? She sounds like she has some sort of personal vendetta against them

Sent from my N9520 using Tapatalk

I have no idea if this is the case here. And I can't ignore the Judge's ruling. In past experiences that I've witnessed, the kids concern is usually more about their piece of the pie than the well being of the parent, as they are claiming.

I hope Casey is ok.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd