Casey "really did" expect her mom to stand by her, Here's why:

That would have been an easy thing for CA to do, to be less than clear on the stand if she did or didn't. That was a strong stand on CA's part to be clear. That was a message I guess in a way.

I was sooooo glad to hear CA to tell the truth about the ladder. I think it's going to be one of the key facts that get ICA convicted.

I think you are right on and will add maybe she was thinking if she got out and GA wasn't there it would mean she gets all the attention and financial benefits on top of that

I agree with that, except that I don't she is really thinking she will return to the Anthony home though. She thinks she will be able to immediately sell her story/book/movie rights for big $$$ and live the "Bella Vita". After her meltdown on Saturday, I think this is what she really believes.

It is amazing what can happen when the truth is known. I think that happened 8 weeks ago. I think although the grief is still raw, they are now in the acceptance phase of their grief. And the chaos of ICA being gone, without the ability of disrupting their lives day in and day out has to be giving them some sort of element of peace. I am sure they will always love their daughter. But it seems they are moving on somewhat. Mallory has mentioned they (her and Cindy) are getting closer. There is a wedding in the works, there is lots of positives in this very negative situation for GA and CA. And the negative part is locked away, allowing them to have some sort of normalcy that they haven't experienced in some time. Not to mention with the theft element being gone, they may have some sort of financial betterings, that they didn't have when Casey was draining them.

It is amazing what can happen when the truth is known. I think that happened 8 weeks ago. I think although the grief is still raw, they are now in the acceptance phase of their grief. And the chaos of ICA being gone, without the ability of disrupting their lives day in and day out has to be giving them some sort of element of peace. I am sure they will always love their daughter. But it seems they are moving on somewhat. Mallory has mentioned they (her and Cindy) are getting closer. There is a wedding in the works, there is lots of positives in this very negative situation for GA and CA. And the negative part is locked away, allowing them to have some sort of normalcy that they haven't experienced in some time. Not to mention with the theft element being gone, they may have some sort of financial betterings, that they didn't have when Casey was draining them.

As far as financial betterings; I think Caylee still pays the bills to this day. Not saying that to be snarky or judgmental, just stating what I perceive.

Casey really did expect her mom to stand by her and believe her monstrous accusations about GA, Here's why IMO:

After watching ICA's angry crying jag when her mother left the stand Saturday and did not acknowledge her, I realized that ICA "really did" expect her mother to stand by her and not GA. She honestly did not expect CA to walk past her and not even look, and then to go back and hug GA.
These have probably been ICA's thoughts since she decided to put all the blame on GA:

****I've lied so much before and she always believed "me".....she'll believe me now

****Dad has been in so much trouble with mom before....the gambling/money !! problems he created during their marriage
and mom was always madder than hell at him.....she'll believe "me" cause I've never created any problems like that

****Mom's not ever really happy with dad......she loves "me" more than dad

****Dad and mom have separated before and mom wasn't happy with him then and she and "I" stuck together....she'll stick by me

****When I lied about working at Sports Authority and other stuff, and dad found out, she stuck up for ""me, against dad......she'll stick by me

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cfNxWeRPOg[/url]

JM:twocents: Any other thoughts please weigh in.

Well said!!! :) I agree!

Casey really did expect her mom to stand by her and believe her monstrous accusations about GA, Here's why IMO:

After watching ICA's angry crying jag when her mother left the stand Saturday and did not acknowledge her, I realized that ICA "really did" expect her mother to stand by her and not GA. She honestly did not expect CA to walk past her and not even look, and then to go back and hug GA.
These have probably been ICA's thoughts since she decided to put all the blame on GA:

****I've lied so much before and she always believed "me".....she'll believe me now

****Dad has been in so much trouble with mom before....the gambling/money !! problems he created during their marriage
and mom was always madder than hell at him.....she'll believe "me" cause I've never created any problems like that

****Mom's not ever really happy with dad......she loves "me" more than dad

****Dad and mom have separated before and mom wasn't happy with him then and she and "I" stuck together....she'll stick by me

****When I lied about working at Sports Authority and other stuff, and dad found out, she stuck up for ""me, against dad......she'll stick by me

JM:twocents: Any other thoughts please weigh in.

I think I should have also added:

****I've always gotten away with murder (pun intended) .....she will still stand by me

As far as financial betterings; I think Caylee still pays the bills to this day. Not saying that to be snarky or judgmental, just stating what I perceive.

Didn't take it to be snarky or judgmental....although I think they would be happy to be broke WITH Caylee being alive.
But with ICA not in the house, I imagine the dynamics are a lot more peaceful. It seems like GA and CA are still working on their marriage and it seems that they are winning the battle.

Didn't take it to be snarky or judgmental....although I think they would be happy to be broke WITH Caylee being alive.
But with ICA not in the house, I imagine the dynamics are a lot more peaceful. It seems like GA and CA are still working on their marriage and it seems that they are winning the battle.

They must do right by Caylee and for the rest of the population imo. They may have their shortcomings, but society needs not be threatened by the dangerous ICA. She will be safe, assuming she doesn't get the DP. I doubt she would get the DP. They can visit her. They can write her. They will be safe. Lee will be safe. Society will be safe if she is incarcerated for a long time if not the rest of her life. If Lee and Mallory have a child, and she is acquitted by their doings, will they have a child Casey will also be jealous of?? Lee and Mallory, CA and GA ought think long and hard about that.

Marsha, I totally agree with your opening post. For all of the reasons you stated, Casey firmly believed Cindy would testify in a way that was favorable to Casey and supported her new story about what happened. When Casey had her meltdown during the break in Cindy's testimony, it was clear to me that she was astonished and pizzed that Cindy didn't follow Casey's lead or even look at her inmate daughter.

I can see why Casey, in her warped mind, expected Cindy to do what she'd always done and enable and excuse Casey's stories. Cindy had been doing it for years. But, really, to expect it now when Casey has refused to see her parents, refused to look at them, and essentially accused them and their son of being responsible for Caylee's death is just the height of narcissism; Casey's sense of entitlement blows Drew Petersen, Scott Peterson and her inmate peers away, imo. Even they didn't expect the family of their victims to lie for them. Casey is truly in a league of her own... JMO...

If Lee tells the truth and doesn't cover for Casey, I expect to see another melt down...

Following Casey's tirade on Saturday, DS told her to "Give her (Cindy) a chance" when ICA said that her mother would support her. Clearly, Casey's got the DT wrapped around her little finger, and shame on them for convincing ICA that her parents, especially Cindy would continue to defend Casey regardless of the extent of her deceit. DS probably reassured ICA that JB would "rehabilitate" Cindy on cross-examination and all would be well again in Casey's world.

Sadly, this is what happens when a sociopath or borderline is continually enabled because it's usually easier than dealing with their wrath on a continual basis. I know this because my family, especially my late mother, walked on eggshells with my borderline sister, and it's not pretty. Sometimes, it's just simpler for everyone to placate the individual in order to keep the peace. I have a feeling that this is the way that the Anthonys chose to handle Casey, and they've finally had enough. jmo

I think I should have also added:

****I've always gotten away with murder (pun intended) .....she will still stand by me

I like your 'pun'!!
And I totally agree, Casey is living in another world from the rest of the entire universe.....:loser:

I believe we will see more than how Caylee died before this is over. G&C seem to be sending KC a louder msg than "we are not covering for you anymore", they no doubt would be over the top with openings but CA not looking at KC, is like saying lets put you under your own bus. All this stuff started in March, KC told someone she was getting a house and was going to have a live in nanny( in March) if I remember. Who will be the first family member to blow in court? It's coming......IMO...the storm is moving in...

This reminds me of a surreal Brady Bunch episode ("Marsha, Marsha, Marsha"). ICA eliminated her one source of competition (Caylee) for attention, now she thought she'd alienate GA & LA in her mother's eyes with the accusations, then she'd have mom all to herself. IMHO, this has been a struggle between CA and ICA from the get go.

What ICA didn't stop to realize is that Caylee was her leverage with CA, w/o that baby ICA has no tool to use to keep her mother jumping thru hoops. The day CA accepted that Caylee died, was when ICA lost control of mom.

Following Casey's tirade on Saturday, DS told her to "Give her (Cindy) a chance" when ICA said that her mother would support her. Clearly, Casey's got the DT wrapped around her little finger, and shame on them for convincing ICA that her parents, especially Cindy would continue to defend Casey regardless of the extent of her deceit. DS probably reassured ICA that JB would "rehabilitate" Cindy on cross-examination and all would be well again in Casey's world.

Sadly, this is what happens when a sociopath or borderline is continually enabled because it's usually easier than dealing with their wrath on a continual basis. I know this because my family, especially my late mother, walked on eggshells with my borderline sister, and it's not pretty. Sometimes, it's just simpler for everyone to placate the individual in order to keep the peace. I have a feeling that this is the way that the Anthonys chose to handle Casey, and they've finally had enough. jmo

Bear in mind that a few weeks ago CA was hugging JB at hearings and lying like she and GA have for 3 years. It was only when their own necks were on the line that they finally "had enough". :twocents:

After seeing how extreme KC is, I wonder if Kc & LA got into a teenage fight and KC made up the LA story way back just to win CA on her side. Hence CA did'nt really believe it but to be on the safe side stopped the bedroom door from being closed. I bet LA saw many jealous acts growing up from KC. ps remembering KC and LA joking about getting GA a real job for a fathers day gift.

It's hard for me to get into Casey's head, honestly. She is a sociopath, I'll grant you, but I really can't figure out what she is thinking.

The take away message for me this past week is how profoundly the Anthony family has been injured by Caylee's disappearance and Casey's incarceration. Their (now, very public) world was ripped apart three years ago and a true resolution of their anguish is probably not forthcoming.

Their worst moments and the dirty laundry of their lives have literally been thrown out upon on their front lawn for the court of public opinion to comb through, mostly to condemn them. The legal proceedings, so far, have only added to the accusations.

And, within the cacophony of this spectacle, a granddaughter remains dead, and a daughter and sister is lost to them forever.

I can't imagine the pain this family has suffered. I think they realize that the collective nightmare of their lives has no hope of settlement without their truthful testimony. That is the only thing that they have to offer that can genuinely quiet the storm in their lives, and allow them to move forward.

I admire their courage in the face of the hurricane, and I hope they can feel some sense of solace in the years to come despite the unspeakable tragedy they have all suffered.

I thoroughly believe ICA had thoughts of getting rid of her parents. I'm not sure if the reason she didn't carry it out is because she was too busy having fun - although she was. As has been said and proven many times, ICA isn't capable of thinking or planning anything past the immediate future. I think the reason she never carried through with her plans to off George and Cindy is that it was a much more difficult and complex job than killing a defenseless two year old. And we all know she wasn't into working that hard. JMO

I have always believed that the earlier searches was ICA planning or at least considering some type of "mass family" murder plot where she would come home to a complete tragedy. Poor, poor ICA...something flipped those plans imo and she killed Caylee during a fit of rage imo.

Bear in mind that a few weeks ago CA was hugging JB at hearings and lying like she and GA have for 3 years. It was only when their own necks were on the line that they finally "had enough". :twocents:

When my sister pushed our aging mother down a flight of stairs in her own home, Mom decided that she had had enough of mollycoddling her adult daughter whom she had cared for (more like tolerated) for most of her adult life. She got my sister out of the house, had a legal guardian appointed, and my sister became a ward of the county. Mom was able to live in peace for about 10 years before she passed in 2009.

When Casey started to make wild accusations about her parents, implicating them in the death of their precious granddaughter, George and Cindy said, "No more!" I firmly believe that they were - or are - Casey's next targets: ICA will toss them like trash just like she did Caylee. My thoughts and prayers are with George and Cindy that they will have peace in the time that they have left on this earth. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back