Casey To Serve One Year Probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering where she could work, who would hire a felon? Then I realized her probation officer can find her gainful employment, just like all the other felons.

Actually a job at Disney wearing one of the character costumes would be fine for her, no one would ever recognize her. of course those costumes get up to a 120 degrees inside them during the summer, but oh, well. :)

I read an article on cracked.com about jobs like that and how miserable and gross they are. Yes, I would love for her to have to do that. She'd have to be around kids, but at least she would be completely miserable and disgusting on the inside of whatever character suit she would wear, and I like that! Please Disney, hire Casey! Or heck, for more karma, I hope Universal Studios hires her and makes her wear one of those suits!!! LOL

As an Orange County resident, I am happy for this small win. Probation will be interesting.

On a personal note, one of my children did a really stupid thing a while back and his punishment was 6 months probation. He is a good guy who did a stupid thing and is doing great 5 years later; but, that six months was an excruciating period of time - he always lived in fear that he was going to do some little thing that would get him thrown right into jail. The probation officers treated him like he was any other common criminal and he did not like that one bit. It caused him to grow up and be responsible for his actions. The day he got off probation and the day he received "the letter" were such a relief to him. I'm pretty sure that this is how probation is supposed to work. It's a very humbling experience - or should be.

It's going to be even more difficult in some ways for FICA to follow the rules, but depending on her set up, it may be easier for her - just a matter of waiting it out. Don't know if she will have a keeper or be somewhere like CM's (oops, that's not in Orange County). I don't see her being able to get a job outside of her house at all. I pity her probation officer. I certainly hope she doesn't get cut any breaks "for her safety" such as visits at her home instead of at the jail. My son was given a date to report every month, and he had to be there, no matter what.

I think HHJBP had to rule this way because there are a lot of people in the system who will be looking to be treated the sloppy way that FICA was, and he had to stop that. This also serves to give the community a little bit of satisfaction that a tiny bit of justice is served - not to mention it doesn't hurt his re-election.

Sorry to be so long winded.:great:

Could the City or County hire her? They could give her plastic bags and a stick, let her clean trash from Suburban Dr. lot.:maddening:

Being a convicted felon, I kind of doubt she could be hired by the city or county but, I honestly don't know.

In all seriousness, let's say one of her lawyers hires her to "work" in the office. Filing, answering the phone (God forbid), mundane office tasks. Would that even be allowed or be legal?

A real job, as opposed to her former imaginary employment. :great::great:

Also looks like Jose is in a bit of trouble. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

THANK YOU HHJBP!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

LOL. Maybe Disneyworld can hire her to sit in a dunking booth. Make it a cage instead of a booth.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28848050/detail.html

I'm glad that Judge Perry was very clear in his order of why Casey Anthony has to serve 1 year's probation.

That Casey Anthony shouldn't be able to benefit from a scrivener's error and be rewarded for it.

I also like that HHJP makes clear that Jose Baez has a duty to the court.

I was wondering where she could work, who would hire a felon? Then I realized her probation officer can find her gainful employment, just like all the other felons.

Wow. I feel sorry for that person. I mean seriously, to have to be the probation officer that has to find Casey Anthony a job? That has to be the worst job ever. I wonder if they're drawing straws on who has to take on Casey, LOL.

If she supposed to provide a "truthful" report to her PO, she's already screwed. She couldn't tell the truth even if she tried I don't think. If the sky is blue, she would tell you it was orange just for the heck of it.

I totally agree ...

:waitasec: I hope her "Probation Officer" has the "intelligence" to "video-record" ALL of his meetings with her and "nails" it to her when she says her "first" LIE !

:great:

Could she work for the DOC?

...I guess they all already know her :loser:

Agreed, there will be no more staged pictures, lining the pockets of the Felon. Money making opportunities (without a legitimate job) will be a thing of the past. THAT is (along with the probation) what makes me very HAPPY today ! No more 5 Million Dollar California mansions, flying across the country, being treated like a celebrity...nope, she is now just another felon on felony probation. Any citizen, in Orlando, will be able to snap a picture of her, and she won't make a cent off of it !!!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yep, really takes the wind out of their sails, hmm? :floorlaugh:

Doesn't any travel, outside of the county, require permission in advance ?

It's been my experience that you only have to get permission to leave the state. But again, I'm not a lawyer- just a felon who served probation so you may want to ask in the lawyer thread.

Can you suggest any grounds for appeal? FKC wasn't serving a sentence, she was sentenced to time served, plus probation upon her release. She was in protective custody, held without bond, awaiting a trial on many other charges.

Great news, also the other seven charges for which she pleaded guilty are now back again and if she violate her probation, could result prison time.
As to appeal, the State Attorney's office was also advised that her probation had started according to verbiage of HHJP's decision and I wonder if DT can use that for appeal. On page 5 of order.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28848066/detail.html

It's been my experience that you only have to get permission to leave the state. But again, I'm not a lawyer- just a felon who served probation so you may want to ask in the lawyer thread.

Oh cool some of my best friends and family are ex felons.:woohoo:

That would go over reall well! A child killer working for a missing childrens charity!!

..and grandparents------that were just called out in the DCF report for refusing to cooperate in the investigation of their own granddaughter------will also go over real well as they unveil the new foundation---

http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10391789.pdf

The purpose for which this Corporation is organized....

-------"advocating for grandparents rights with regard to grandchildren, and assisting grandparents of missing, neglected or exploited grandchildren.

...good grief!

You'll be happy to know that not many employers are willing to hire felons... especially thieves. It's even difficult to get into college. I don't think she's gonna have an easy time of things.

HA HA! I am so happy she has to come back to Orlando. Maybe she will have to stay with her parents or better yet her attorneys! Wonder can she not violate for a year?

Wow. I feel sorry for that person. I mean seriously, to have to be the probation officer that has to find Casey Anthony a job? That has to be the worst job ever. I wonder if they're drawing straws on who has to take on Casey, LOL.

The odds are that FCA will be treated with kid gloves and will just wait out her time ... Given her notoriety and the 'vortex' the PO will not want to get sucked in ... It'd be good if the PO takes her to task but I am not holding my breath. FCA is bad news.

OMG.....

http://www.jobsforfelonsinflorida.com/

Jobs for convicted felons in Florida can be challenging to find, especially if you are not bilingual and if you are not highly educated. But, because Florida is a common long term living area for many senior adults, there are many jobs for felons in Florida if you have an interest in serving the elderly population. While there are some types of felonies that may limit your type of work, most convicted felons jobs can be obtained in healthcare settings, working as nurses aides or performing other support services. Florida, more than any other state, is a prime location for companies that hire felons in the healthcare setting.

The site also mentions tourism.

Yeah, now I feel real safe. Not!

Being a convicted felon, I kind of doubt she could be hired by the city or county but, I honestly don't know.

Convicted felons can work for the city where I live. I don't see her pursuing such a job, though. I can't see this employment requirement being upheld. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie