Casey Took Friends Duct Tape ??

LKB is just faking it or is plain dumb...........it's been reported all over the news. Her DH the doc said the other night I think on Greta that fingerprints could be taken off both sides, duct tape may hold hairs, fibers etc and is water proof........he even said something about saliva and teeth marks if you use your teeth to rip it off the roll. Lots of evidence on duct tape!!! now let's hope FBI can get evidence off it!

I watched the Spector case - she is a very good actress and very good at creating reasonable doubt

Just because it was reported on the news doesnt make it true. I have not heard that confirmed by LE. I HOPE there is duct tape because I think it would be a treasure trove of evidence.

Who wastes a text message about tape? These are all a bunch of dullards.

Judging from their rate of texting, they probably have unlimited.

Plus I think this was a facebook post? Not through a phone text?

This was already talked about in the Exit13 thread a few days ago. It seems that casey may have taken Amy's duct tape after the ABC party when she used duct tape to keep the flag on.

well maybe it wasn't for "keeping her clothes on"...but this is most likely when the DT went MIA.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3082454&postcount=101

I believe Exit 13 said Casey was the only one at the party who didn't use any duct tape on her costume! But I can see where she may have needed some, whether she used any or not!

I thought Amy commented on wanting the tape because of her move or possibly because she "borrowed" the tape from her theater job and planned on returning it.

I hope this is the right place to put this. If not, mods, you know what to do. :)

In the latest (02/18/2009) doc dump, halfway down page 3380, the following is stated by Detective Corporal Yuri Melich about talking to AH on December 14, 2008:

"We then met with Amy Huizanga at her residence. When asked, Amy couldn't remember Casey ever having in her possession any packing supplies (IE: Duct tape)."

I suppose it's an easy enough thing to forget, and I don't think AH is involved in any way, but I thought maybe we should note it here for completeness. Thoughts?

If a thread has already been started, please delete. This isn't a general "duct tape" question regarding the pieces of duct tape found at the remains site, but pertains to the AH interview and her comment.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one asking about this yesterday. Couldn't find a thread and when I started one it kept disappearing, I don't know what I did.

In Feb 18 doc dump: When LE went to AH to ask re: duct tape, AH said she'd never known KC to be in possession of or use duct tape.

Didn't we see texts or emails in previous doc dump where AH was asking, can I have my duct tape back? There was discussion at the time here I think that KC had borrowed it for her flag costume at the Anything but Clothes party at Lake Vaj. (Can't remember if this was verified, anybody know?)

If so, I wonder, where did KC put the flag or lengths of tape after that? Not to mention the roll? Was it left in her car, or at Lake Vaj, or at Amy's, or where?

Most of all, why did AH make this comment to LE?

your right....it was a comment between kc and amy on facebook

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html#-

"One specific posting in late May, from who appears to be Casey's former best friend Amy Huizenga, reads, "You lost my duct tape. I was excited to have so much left. That's why (sic) I get for giving you my purse."

thanks anastacia for telling me I got moved here and thanks rch85!
Looks like we were having the same idea, Chasing Moxie! :wink:

thanks anastacia for telling me I got moved here and thanks rch85!
Looks like we were having the same idea, Chasing Moxie! :wink:
all you have to do is go to all your posts and click on the one you are looking for and it will take you to its new location. :)

I remember we had discussed back at the time that someone had heard it might have been gaff tape (AH being in stage production jobs), did Exit ever say what the tape looked like? I didn't know Exit had discussed it, I missed that part of his discussions. What happened to the flag and lengths of tape KC had used? Did she leave it in her car or at Lake Vaj for example?
I see now reading this particular old thread on the subject, that Exit said he thought everyone at the party used pieces of the tape. I'm not surprised, holding the bubble wrap and everything else up that they were wearing. I'm going to have to look at those photos again for the tape.

So, why did AH tell LE she'd never known KC to have duct tape....:confused:

So anyway, the new thread that got merged here was:

Why did AH tell LE (Feb 18 doc dump) that she had never known KC to use duct tape or be in possession of duct tape?

So anyway, the new thread that got merged here was:

Why did AH tell LE (Feb 18 doc dump) that she had never known KC to use duct tape or be in possession of duct tape?

Actually, to be fair to AH, she didn't say that. She definitely didn't say "she had never known KC to USE duct tape". The narrative states she had not known KC to be in possession of packing supplies (i.e. duct tape). First, we have to assume that LE explicitly asked about "duct tape" instead of the generic phrase such as "Did you ever know Casey to be in possession of packing supplies such as....fill in the blank and include duct tape". Second, even with the event surrounding the no clothes party and AH's missing duct tape, I can see EASILY how that would not register if the question was posed as "packing supplies including duct tape". Because AH didn't have that duct tape for "packing supplies", she had it for arts and crafts to create her costume. Lastly, and maybe most importantly, we have no proof she ever thought KC HAD the duct tape. The comments that are alleged to have been on her facebook have AH stating you "lost" my duct tape, and that's what I get for letting you borrow my purse. I take that as more of a "dumb-butt you let my duct tape fall out of my purse"...in which case, KC technically was never in possession of duct tape.

I guess what I'm saying is that the alleged discrepancy is at the most generous level a trivial minor issue, and at a more practical level a non-issue.

your right....it was a comment between kc and amy on facebook

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html#-

"One specific posting in late May, from who appears to be Casey's former best friend Amy Huizenga, reads, "You lost my duct tape. I was excited to have so much left. That's why (sic) I get for giving you my purse."

Has any discovery been released concerning the investigation of AH's Duct tape and if they found any that AH might have used before giving it to Casey that has been compared to the tape found with Caylee?

Bump

An Ontario woman, Gloria Hilker, who has been tracking the Casey Anthony case on WFTV.com, emailed Eyewitness News what she says is Casey's Facebook page with a message about duct tape. She insists it's an authentic page she found and printed in July.

One specific posting in late May, from who appears to be Casey's former best friend Amy Huizenga, reads, "You lost my duct tape. I was excited to have so much left. That's why (sic) I get for giving you my purse."

The date it appeared to be posted, May 26, was around the same time as a "no clothes party" Casey attended. She had wrapped herself in a flag and, according to her, nothing else.

Eyewitness News passed the Facebook information along to law enforcement and they are investigating the possibility that the duct tape mentioned is somehow connected to the case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18301938/detail.html

Amy's tape, which yes, she referred to as duct tape, was actually sleuthed a long time ago and it was actually gaff tape, which is completely different. Gaff tape is a textured tape used in theater and on other stuff (like my super awesome hula hoop!)

Anyway, this point is a non-issue and moot, not relevant, etc. Please don't ask me to dig up links b/c it's been forever and ever...but I'm sure there's info in the duct tape threads about this.

Amy's tape, which yes, she referred to as duct tape, was actually sleuthed a long time ago and it was actually gaff tape, which is completely different. Gaff tape is a textured tape used in theater and on other stuff (like my super awesome hula hoop!)

Anyway, this point is a non-issue and moot, not relevant, etc. Please don't ask me to dig up links b/c it's been forever and ever...but I'm sure there's info in the duct tape threads about this.

Oh thank you! I heard about it on Nancy Grace and wanted an answer...THANK YOU!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back