Casey's Behavior Toward Parents and Vice-Versa In Court Apperances

As I understood it, JB wasn't allowed to bring in letters from the family, so if he has been, he has been breaking the law. So, this could either be a genuine effort on the A's part to have some contact with KC, or a very thought out plan to divert attention away from the fact that JB may have been secretly delivering mail to KC from CA & GA all along, breaking the rules. You know! A "cover my a&&" tactic? KWIM?

So, you think that the reason the jail says it has strengthened the enforcement of this policy is because perhaps JB violated it and got caught? When I watched the video, it did make me wonder why all of a sudden the jail was making a point to say it was ensuring it was adhering to the policy. Why the need to say that now?

So, you think that the reason the jail says it has strengthened the enforcement of this policy is because perhaps JB violated it and got caught? When I watched the video, it did make me wonder why all of a sudden the jail was making a point to say it was ensuring it was adhering to the policy. Why the need to say that now?

Even though they say it has nothing to do with him, I'd bet my last Nutter Butter that it does, whether directly or indirectly. Could they have found a letter in KC's "dorm" from her 'rents that they know wasn't cleared through the jail? Makes me wonder why they feel the need to let the attorneys know something that they already know. Kinda like when you work in a retail store and they have a big ta-do over not stealing. Everyone already knows that they aren't supposed to steal, so why does the management do it? Cuz they caught someone stealing! :rolleyes:

It sounds to me like there may be some infighting in the defense ranks. Maybe begun by the jail. Conway coming forward about Baez 'controlling' the A's letters to KC. AL saying that KC should have a video visit with the A's. And Baez doesn't seem to be responding to it. I think we are looking at in-fighting.

First it was jewelry, now letters. Wonder what JB will carry in to KC next? Maybe she would like a pizza???

Yeah, the jail may deny it. But I suspect that they found evidence of contraband being brought in by the attorney and have chosen to first give a warning by making a general notice to all attorneys. I wonder if the contacted the A's to see if they admitted to the letter passing and giving them a personal warning?

BTW.... If Baez has been breaking jail policy by bringing in contraband letters from her parents, would that be an ethics violation? It definately is another sign of something weird with Baez's relationship to his client.

Hmm.. As we learned from the plea/no plea deal, JB speaks with a forked tongue.

He knows he isn't suppose to be a mail carrier. But did the A's know that? Did he allow them to think he was giving her the letters, just so they would leave her alone...

When they visited her in the Jail, she tried to keep the conversation away from her case. Cause she knew she was being tapped. But THEY kept bringing it back to the case. Cause they wanted to find their G-daughter. And knew she had info that would help.

Is it possible that JB didn't want any more such conversations on tape or on paper. CA doesn't seem to listen to anyone. I think it's possible that JB allowed her to think he was playing mail carrier.. but, just didn't.

The A's get it now, I think. Cindy might be able to keep from talking about the case, etc. They might as well get use to the idea that their private Family time will always be taped. Even after she is convicted and is in state Prision.

It has been said that JB was doing it. That might be enough to get the inmates to start demanding that their lawyers do it.

Put the signs up, then it will be assumed that JB has or will stop.

Mods if I have messed up by making this thread, please forgive me and do your magic. Thank you.

I'm making this thread because I am baffled by KC's non-reaction to her parents during court apperances and yet Cindy seems almost ready to jump out of her skin to get to Casey. What in the world is going on?
I have a gut feeling that Casey, George and Cindy communicate through JB via computer (just a feeling mind you). Something is going on that we don't know about IMO and we will probably never know. Is anyone else wondering what is going on between these people? TIA.

On October 14, 2008, Casey was indicted, and arrested for the last time.

About a week later one of the news media asked Cindy why she or George hadn't visited Casey since her arrest. Cindy went into an elaborate statement saying that she and Casey talked about the probability that Casey would be arrested soon.

Cindy said that Casey made her promise to focus solely on finding Caylee. Cindy went on to say that the news media followed them whenever they went to the jail to visit Casey, and tried to get statements from them afterward. She said that took the focus off of finding Caylee. She said that she and Casey agreed that there would be no more jail visits, so the focus would remain on finding Caylee.

When Cindy made that statement, I knew her statement was an excuse to cover for another reason why there were no jail visits.

I've long felt that it was a matter of Casey not wanting visits from her parents, or JB telling George and Cindy they were not to visit Casey.

As time has gone on, I'm leaning toward Casey not wanting to see her parents. Whenever she's been in the courtroom and George and Cindy were present, Casey avoided eye contact and failed to even acknowledge her parents presence until she was prompted by JB.

At the last hearing, when George was on the witness stand, Casey cried. But, I don't feel her tears were for her father. I think Casey is so narcissistic that she only thinks in terms of herself. Seeing her father reminded her that she once had a life outside of jail.

I think it's just how it's always been.

KC's indifference. GA/CAs desperation to make KC love them. I'm betting this has been their family dynamic, always.

Even though they say it has nothing to do with him, I'd bet my last Nutter Butter that it does, whether directly or indirectly. Could they have found a letter in KC's "dorm" from her 'rents that they know wasn't cleared through the jail? Makes me wonder why they feel the need to let the attorneys know something that they already know. Kinda like when you work in a retail store and they have a big ta-do over not stealing. Everyone already knows that they aren't supposed to steal, so why does the management do it? Cuz they caught someone stealing! :rolleyes:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Some anger may come from the fact that KC did not want Caylee to be cremated, as she was . I believe her attitude comes from the A's no longer being of any use to her as well as the cremation.

I don't think Casey cared that she was cremated. After all, her preferred method of burial was two trash bags, a hamper, duct tape, heart sticker, and a swampy overgrown piece of land full of snakes.

I think it was a strategic move from the defense to hold in their back pocket. They may want to prove some nonsensical theory and say, "if we had her bones to test, we would know for sure." Casey wanted her to be buried but her parents went against her wishes---it's all their fault. Now Casey can't get a fair trial.

I don't think they are allowed to acknowledge each other are they? Here in CA they can't in the lower level courts anyway.

Here a defendant is not allowed to look at,address, make gestures or otherwise engage anyone in the courtroom. I went with my gf to her son's case and she mouthed that she loved him when they brought him in.The bailiff was all over her and warned her that if she did that again she would be removed from the courtroom. If I hadn't seen it i would have assumed she did something really bad. But she didn't. There was a big sign, at least there was here , that says something to the effect that you better not signal or gesture to the defendants.
This goes both ways as the defendant cannot look at or address anyone in the courtroom.
I would think for a murder case this would be the same. But I don't know anything about FL courtrooms.

I understand the need. They can't have people passing codes or flashing signals etc etc; but doesn't it suck? A mom can't say "I love you" to her son.

If I read that the mother of a suspect or defendant whatever they called him was removed from the court for mouthing "I love you", I would never have believed it. I would have wanted to know what she really did/said...

Learn something new every day.

I think it's just how it's always been.

KC's indifference. GA/CAs desperation to make KC love them. I'm betting this has been their family dynamic, always.

I absolutely agree!! KC has never cared about anyone but KC! She never cared if she lied to or stole from her parents. Their feelings never mattered to her before-so why would they now? Unless it somehow benefits her. I still think the only true emotion KC feels is anger! She's just a
09.jpg
that grew in a poorly tended garden!! IMO

As I understood it, JB wasn't allowed to bring in letters from the family, so if he has been, he has been breaking the law. So, this could either be a genuine effort on the A's part to have some contact with KC, or a very thought out plan to divert attention away from the fact that JB may have been secretly delivering mail to KC from CA & GA all along, breaking the rules. You know! A "cover my a&&" tactic? KWIM?

Exactly what I am thinking! Why would Conway feel the need to announce PUBLICLY that Baez has a policy to give all letters to KC, himself? Why wouldn't the Anthonys just start mailing their letters to KC directly and shut up about it? I think Conway was trying to do damage control for his clients because they have obviously been committing a FELONY by allowing Baez to take their letters to KC.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/20672110/detail.html

Bar Clears Baez Of Ethics Claims
POSTED: 4:30 pm EDT September 1, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County Jail said Tuesday that its re-emphasis on the ban for lawyers bringing personal letters into the jail has nothing to do with Casey Anthony's attorney.
Administrators have posted a sign strongly reminding lawyers visiting the facility that it is a felony to bring in contraband items, including personal letters.

I understand the need. They can't have people passing codes or flashing signals etc etc; but doesn't it suck? A mom can't say "I love you" to her son.

If I read that the mother of a suspect or defendant whatever they called him was removed from the court for mouthing "I love you", I would never have believed it. I would have wanted to know what she really did/said...

Learn something new every day.
If I hadn't seen the whole thing I probably wouldn't have believed it. The bailiff didn't care what she aid, he just made sure under no circumstances should she try and address the defendant ever again.
I saw others removed from the court for waving or blowing kisses. Obviously these weren't murder trials,but they were not serious cases by any means.
All courts may be different but this particular court required formal behavior and it was no nonsense that's for sure.

Mods if I have messed up by making this thread, please forgive me and do your magic. Thank you.

I'm making this thread because I am baffled by KC's non-reaction to her parents during court apperances and yet Cindy seems almost ready to jump out of her skin to get to Casey. What in the world is going on?
I have a gut feeling that Casey, George and Cindy communicate through JB via computer (just a feeling mind you). Something is going on that we don't know about IMO and we will probably never know. Is anyone else wondering what is going on between these people? TIA.

Terrific idea to thread this, IMO-thx! This is only going to get more interesting as trial approaches and arrives.

I think that she blames them for "turning her in"......She probably thinks that if Cindy hadn't have called 911 that night, none of this would have ever happened.

And let's not forget in the 911 call earlier that day, you can hear CA threaten KC regarding the custody issue. KC might still have a little smug left in her, even after these months in jail.

Casey Anthony cut off from 'fed up' George, Cindy, WESH reports
posted by halboedeker on Sep 1, 2009 6:09:46 PM

Casey Anthony is no longer getting any letters from her parents, and George and Cindy Anthony are fed up, WESH-Channel 2 reported today.

Defense attorney Jose Baez has controlled the correspondence between his client and her parents, Brad Conway, the attorney for the parents, told WESH's Bob Kealing.

But George and Cindy Anthony plan to start mailing letters to their daughter despite Baez, Conway said. "It's been terrible all along for them," Conway said. Andrea Lyon, the new defense attorney, says the parents should have a video visit with their daughter, Conway said.

Baez did not respond to WESH, Kealing said.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/09/casey-anthony-.html

I remember when KC told LE that she wanted to talk to them, and insisted they should call JB to come over and make that happen. As soon as JB got there, KC took cover behind his coat tails and decided she did not want to talk after all.
Maybe KC is putting it out there to some parties (AL, CA & GA), that she would love to see her parents, but is telling her true confidant, JB, that she wants them to stay away-I think that's why he is being made out to be the "hold out" here, he is standing firm for KC's request.
I am not sure KC has or would want to necessarily develop a relationship with AL. JB prolly told her that AL has to be there for the DP stuff, but he is still her superhero. She might not tell AL about wanting her parents to stay away because AL might not "understand" her like JB does.
Just sayin', can't think of why else JB would be so stubborn.

I would have to agree that it would be enough to make a "normal" person lose their mind :banghead:,

but I don't think she had it that hard ... her life was a fantasy compared to the responsibilities of other 20-somethings who work, care for children, a home and a spouse.

Of course, you're right about them possibly taking that stance.

While I would be the first to agree CA would not be the easiest woman to live with KC had a charmed life. At 20 I had a full time real job, going to Nursing School full time with a Toddler and a Husband. That is Hard!

I believe that everything that the Defense does is part of a plan. Maybe Defense is trying to distance KC from her parents - up to now they have been lumped together...CA goes off at deposition it reflects on KC, "The Anthony's", CA and GA and KC - So if the Defense can make it be KC charged with Murder, in jail awaiting trial and innocent until proven guilty and CA and GA, the parents of KC - does that make sense? I can't get it out quite right. It's Damage Control. Here's JB, KC's attorney doing everything he can for his innocent client and here's CA and GA, the parents of the accused, that just want to be able to talk to their daughter.
Sounds like AL Capital Case Pretrial 101

Conway said that AL said that the parents should have a video visit with their daughter (a lot of hearsay), which is what we have suspected all along had been going on, but ...
What is the difference between bringing letters or bringing a computer in to "visit"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back