Casey's Ghost Writer Breaks His Silence ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to why or how an attorney would get a $500,000 retainer agreement from a client HE KNOWS has no money at the time of agreeing and signing the retainer...previous to this retainer he had to sell her pics in order to get the $200,000 of which he got $89,000 as payment

to my above post I'd like to add that not only, allegedly, did Baez have a second retainer agreement with Casey but Linda Kenney Baden also had one..(Baden said after leaving the case that she did not expect to receive any money to cover her retainer).
Baez knew Casey had no money because he had to sell her pics in order to defend her before she was even charged with Murder in October...Was Linda apprised of this before agreeing to join the team in December and signing a retainer agreement with Casey? (not that I care...Just curious about the procedure)
.Just how did these (or any) attorneys expect to get payment from a criminal defense client who had no money or assets of her own ...besides the photos.

Anyone have an idea how mason sales have been,or how to find out,I do not recall how that was done for the other best seller lol, thanks

Last week he had sold 12 books. This week his ranking on the sellers list is 21,961- so no one is buying it.
Reviews on Amazon are scathing!

Mason's book is available as an E-book right now..the Hardcover edition will be published August 18..Pre-orders are going on now.
As of today...
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #67,603 in Books AND #49 in Books > Law > Criminal Law > Criminal Procedure
Barnes and Noble Sales rank: 148,619

Why do hospitals bill people they never expect to get paid from? Whether he expected to get paid or not, his time is worth something. Perhaps the retainer agreement would satisfy tax records as a loss if he never gets paid?

$4,000.00 a month in rent? Still living above her means on someone else's dime, I see.

Why do hospitals bill people they never expect to get paid from? Whether he expected to get paid or not, his time is worth something. Perhaps the retainer agreement would satisfy tax records as a loss if he never gets paid?

yes,perhaps your are correct
yes his time is worth something..not disagreeing on that point..one either declares to work pro bono or not..I have no issues with that
I am only looking at it from a Business/financial viewpoint..tax write off makes sense

iMO..if an invoice for payment is sent IMO there is a reasonable assumption that the person/company /institution like a hospital who sent the invoice expects payment ....off course people/companies don't pay their bills but i believe the expectation to get paid for services exists....
unless the parties agreed to work for free or give merchandise for free then I believe an expectation to get paid does exist...

If I receive an invoice from a supplier or service provider it tells me they expect to get paid
If I submit an invoice then I expect to get paid...where I do or not is another matter
when I send an invoice out for my employer who is in the medical field she expects to be paid...by the individual, via insurance or govt assistance...but the expectation is there ...where she gets paid or not

Curious to why or how an attorney would get a $500,000 retainer agreement from a client HE KNOWS has no money at the time of agreeing and signing the retainer...previous to this retainer he had to sell her pics in order to get the $200,000 of which he got $89,000 as payment

I truly believe Jose nor Chaney every thought she would get off. I believe they thought she would go down on at murder charge and then THEY were going to be billionaires off her books, movies etc. when she was acquitted their ship started sinking. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes,perhaps your are correct
yes his time is worth something..not disagreeing on that point..one either declares to work pro bono or not..I have no issues with that
I am only looking at it from a Business/financial viewpoint..tax write off makes sense

iMO..if an invoice for payment is sent IMO there is a reasonable assumption that the person/company /institution like a hospital who sent the invoice expects payment ....off course people/companies don't pay their bills but i believe the expectation to get paid for services exists....
unless the parties agreed to work for free or give merchandise for free then I believe an expectation to get paid does exist...

If I receive an invoice from a supplier or service provider it tells me they expect to get paid
If I submit an invoice then I expect to get paid...where I do or not is another matter
when I send an invoice out for my employer who is in the medical field she expects to be paid...by the individual, via insurance or govt assistance...but the expectation is there ...where she gets paid or not

What I find bizarre is that a bill for $500K can be submitted, particularly when there has been no previous mention of it, without any attempt at itemizing- to a bankruptcy court of all places... If you are in the medical field you know every bill lists every item purchased, room rate or special unit charges, every med used, every piece of equipment used, all professional services described in detail, any procedure is accompanied by a code that is used by payors that will have a standard fee attached. To just hand over a bill for $500K for a professional service without delineating what was done for that amount is just not done... IMO he
just pulled that number out of his hat, to smooth her path through bankruptcy !

This is all just my opinion.
There is no way Cheney ever wanted this book to come out. It is even more damaging to Cheney than Casey. Cheney never let the ghost writer talk directly to Casey and I don't know how it will be proven that it really was Casey on the other end of the phone. Maybe phone records or if he could hear her talking? Helps has direct quotes from Cheney that will sink him though. In the book Cheney says that she will do whatever they need for the book because she owes him for legal represenation and she still needs him as he is her main attorney. I sure hope that is on tape. I wonder if Rick contacted the other attorneys and maybe that is why they all just jumped ship about the same time? If the information in the book os not true Cheney would be all over the medoa denying it.
The mainstream media does love a story that will bring in the bucks. Yet no one is covering this. Why? Something is up with the silence of the media. This is just too big for the media to not be reporting on. I am hoping that this is the beginning of the fall of Cheney and Casey. Let's hope that Caylee is going to finally get her justice.
Sorry for the errors. I have a had a hard time just getting this to post from my tablet.

I do not plan on buying the book but IF it is available at my local library I will read it..I like to read/hear all sides of a debate, etc...

After reading my post below I will not be surprised if some (or many) of you will say she deserves it...but I find it reprehensible that he has said she owes him for legal representation when he gave his time and services free of charge

BBM
I find it quite distasteful that Mason, who agreed and signed on to work PRO BONO, keeps harping about how much money he lost representing Casey.
He began mentioning how much $$$ he lost in an interview after the trial was over..and he keeps bringing it up.

he decided to join the defense team and chose to work Pro Bono...end of story. He also brought on other attorneys who worked pro bono ( ie Ann Finnel Death Penalty lawyer)

Now he says she owes him??? I think NOT. He should not be manipulating her in a way to get her to do something in order for him to recoup revenue for services he gave freely. He chose to Pro Bono work.

He keeps saying in articles that he has no regrets...IMO expect he lost $$$ representing her...

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cf...icles/cfn/2014/6/28/cheney_mason_intervi.html
He says he has no regrets about the Casey Anthony trial except that he spent many tens of thousands of dollars out of pocket for the pro bono case incurring over a million dollars in billable hours from which he collected not one dime.

What I find bizarre is that a bill for $500K can be submitted, particularly when there has been no previous mention of it, without any attempt at itemizing- to a bankruptcy court of all places... If you are in the medical field you know every bill lists every item purchased, room rate or special unit charges, every med used, every piece of equipment used, all professional services described in detail, any procedure is accompanied by a code that is used by payors that will have a standard fee attached. To just hand over a bill for $500K for a professional service without delineating what was done for that amount is just not done... IMO he
just pulled that number out of his hat, to smooth her path through bankruptcy !

I have had my own experience with lawyers and I still have my detailed invoices for legal work performed..

Help! LOL

Can someone explain to me how CA and Mason committed bankruptcy fraud? (I just saw this thread, skimmed through, and am confused.)

----> Sophieandme:

Casey's Ghost by Rick Namey/kindle location 759

This book contains information on how Casey Anthony and Cheney Mason plan to make millions from this tragedy. If you don't want that to happen, disseminating that information will probably be the best way.

In my opinion:

The bankruptcy court has a right to know if a fraud is being perpetrated. It appears to me that one has by concealing the value of Casey's story and the plans to make money on it.

The public has a right to know everything I know about this case.

The rights of the public and the courts to know the truth override any obligations I may have to suppress the truth.

I believe the book I was writing for Cheney Mason with input from Casey Anthony was an end run around Casey's ability to directly extract money from the case and was devised as a way to trick the creditors and the bankruptcy court - and to use me to help them.

I believe that Cheney Mason is harboring and supporting Casey Anthony with the expectation of deriving millions of dollars from the sale of her story, circumventing Florida bar rules specifically prohibiting such practices.

I quit writing the original book because I came to believe that I should not be forced to choose between telling lies or remaining silent.

The day after I was released as Cheney/Casey's ghostwriter, lawyers filed Casey's bankruptcy case.

I had advance knowledge that a bankruptcy strategy was in place, and I was told by Cheney Mason that the lawyers were under his direction. I knew exactly what that strategy was, why it was to be filed, and how it would play out.

I personally believe that my exit as the writer was the precipitating factor in the bankruptcy filing.

Help! LOL

Can someone explain to me how CA and Mason committed bankruptcy fraud? (I just saw this thread, skimmed through, and am confused.)

Well, long story short... the bankruptcy court wanted to auction off the rights to her story, to pay off some of her creditors or expenses, since it could be considered by some to be a valuable asset. Mason and Casey insisted that her life story was private and she had no plans to write her story at that time or any time in the future, and was not negotiating with anyone to sell her story. I have to say I think the Bankruptcy Trustee was very naïve in accepting that statement from her, but he allowed her to retain the rights for $25K. Also there was the difficult problem of Zenaida and Roy Kronk's lawsuits , and that was the strongest reason she had to file bankruptcy, a ploy to try and cheat them out of any potential settlement.
Fast forward- now comes Mr Namey who claims he was hired to ghost write her story, in July 2012. As time went by he became more and more convinced that she was guilty of killing Caylee, and he quit. He claims to have been privy to discussions about their strategy for avoiding those lawsuits and for falsely claiming bankruptcy, and was aware of ongoing discussions for millions of $ in agreements for pay per interview and a book.. . In his book he states he has documents and tape recordings that will prove they have both committed bankruptcy fraud.. so we are all waiting to see what the proof is exactly and how the Bankruptcy court will respond.

none of this is legal and if said poster has this knowledge then they need to go to the bar and file a complaint. Then; call the IRS...to account for the 500K start there. IT's just that simple. We will strip her of her luxuries one by one until she has nothing. Like before, Remember Casey?

Foreword by Casey Anthony There is little doubt in my mind that Cheney Mason saved my life. Without his wisdom, strategy and dedication to my defense, the outcome would have been very different. In my own opinion, the best and smartest thing Jose’ Baez ever did was to bring Cheney Mason on board my defense team. Though Jose’ and I have had our differences, Cheney remains my attorney and continues to have my total confidence. Because I am not a lawyer, some of what is contained in this book is as much a revelation to me as it will be to you. Though I was kept advised of my defense, as any client should be by any decent attorney, I did not know every detail of the strategy of this case until I read it here. What I knew without a doubt, was that I was not guilty. I knew that the cry of “Justice for Caylee,” could not possibly have been fulfilled unless the mother who loved and cared for her every day of her life was justly acquitted of having any involvement in her death. I thank God, Cheney, and my amazing defense team for making that happen. Yes, I did some things I am not proud of. I have been justifiably punished. I have no more to say about that here and now. I do have a story of my own, and at some point I plan to tell it. Until then, this is Cheney’s story. I am honored that he asked me to write this foreword. It is the story of the great work of a legal genius who saved me from a lynch mob. I hope you read it in that spirit. Yours Very Truly, Casey Marie Anthony

Foreword by Casey Anthony There is little doubt in my mind that Cheney Mason saved my life. Without his wisdom, strategy and dedication to my defense, the outcome would have been very different. In my own opinion, the best and smartest thing Jose’ Baez ever did was to bring Cheney Mason on board my defense team. Though Jose’ and I have had our differences, Cheney remains my attorney and continues to have my total confidence. Because I am not a lawyer, some of what is contained in this book is as much a revelation to me as it will be to you. Though I was kept advised of my defense, as any client should be by any decent attorney, I did not know every detail of the strategy of this case until I read it here. What I knew without a doubt, was that I was not guilty. I knew that the cry of “Justice for Caylee,” could not possibly have been fulfilled unless the mother who loved and cared for her every day of her life was justly acquitted of having any involvement in her death. I thank God, Cheney, and my amazing defense team for making that happen. Yes, I did some things I am not proud of. I have been justifiably punished. I have no more to say about that here and now. I do have a story of my own, and at some point I plan to tell it. Until then, this is Cheney’s story. I am honored that he asked me to write this foreword. It is the story of the great work of a legal genius who saved me from a lynch mob. I hope you read it in that spirit. Yours Very Truly, Casey Marie Anthony

And, I have to add my postscript- Casey mentions herself 29 times, and Caylee once.. nothing has changed!

Didn't Namey sign a non-disclosure agreement? (Thought I read that somewhere.) Seems to me he'll have a heck of a lawsuit on his hands. I'm still not sure if and what Casey did was illegal? CM, well...that may be a different story, but doubt if he's even touchable down Florida way. Sad to say.

Didn't Namey sign a non-disclosure agreement? (Thought I read that somewhere.) Seems to me he'll have a heck of a lawsuit on his hands. I'm still not sure if and what Casey did was illegal? CM, well...that may be a different story, but doubt if he's even touchable down Florida way. Sad to say.

Yes he did sign one. And, we'll'll see if "Mr. I'm gonna sue everybody" walks the walk or talks the talk...

All jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member