Casey's hair & court attire

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not Orange County but it may be the same rules.
I'm not sure if preparing for trial, would be the same as appearing for court appearances.

http://sheriff.org/about_bso/dodcc/info/Inmate_Handbook.pdf

BROWARD SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Department of Detention and Community Control
INMATE HANDBOOK
Revised October 2007

HAIR CARE SERVICES: Hair care services are available to all inmates. The hair care services will be conducted in accordance with the schedule. You may receive your first haircut thirty (30) days after your initial incarceration and approximately every thirty (3) days thereafter. The thirty (30) day rule may be waived for medical reasons, hygiene reasons, or for inmates scheduled to appear in court. If needed, haircuts for inmates appearing at a trial will be given within three (3) days of their trial date. You are responsible for signing up for hair care services according to the schedule.

Maybe I should call Brodsky and suggest that he ask Glascow to foot the bill to remove Dpetersons bags from under his eyes so he looks better for his trial.

Bahhahahahahahahahah.
Would never happen here.

I'm sure the defense have given KC instructions on how her hair should be worn to soften her image, but her long hair and pretty face and dainty hands all fill me with horror, I don't like looking at her, I think of the charges and the evidence against her and have an image of a cold face and silky hair gleaming in the sunshine and delicate hands tossing a decomposing murdered baby into a swamp and it detracts mightily, never has 'pretty is as pretty does' seemed so devastatingly true.

Cough, cough. Pretty face? Dainty hands? :eek: You mean those hands with the clawlike fingers she pokes into her eyes to make tears? :floorlaugh:

I guess even people in jail have to look semi-clean to go to court.

But pretty face! Gag me. Pretty, gorgeous, and beautiful aren't the adjectives I'd use to describe that kisser. With that long hair and staring skeery eyes, I'd say she falls at the other end of the scale. :eek:

No attack on you, miss plum. I'm just sayin' she skeers the bejesus out of me. :eek:

:cow: :cow: :cow:

I am amazed that it has taken this long before we got a thread solely devoted to the inmates hair.

I'm eagerly awaiting a thread devoted to her claws, one on those staring eyes, and one on her stylish shackles. Although we have to hurry with the shackles thread because Judge Perry may feel sorry for her (bad trip and all) and say, "Unchain her". :innocent:

O...M...G...!
I have a hard time wrapping my head around that! He committed the crimes in all his glory, IMO, he should be tried in all his golry.

WOW. Florida sure does waste tax payers money.
I may visit family for extended amounts of time but I will NEVER live there as a tax payer. uggghhh.:furious::banghead:

Don't forget, even when you are just a visitor to the state, each time you make a purchase, stay in a hotel, buy gasoline, etc., you are paying taxes. So, yes, you are helping to support their prisoners in some form.

Thanks, ThinkTank! I looked him up and he's an attorney in Tampa. He is probably pretty familiar with the processes at the jail where Casey is housed. I imagine he said her hair is done for free at the jail because all inmates have access to free salon services. Perhaps this is not something done just for her?

I don't think that her hair looks like she has had someone do it or that she has been to a beauty shop. I think that she thinks it is just beautiful and that she is too. Sorry but I don't see anything attractive about Casey Anthony. Maybe a real haircut would help...style her hair instead of it just hanging.

I dont know if she is "gettin' her hair did" or not but I can tell you when I saw it it looked to me like when I used to ahve really long hair like that, would shower before work and put it up in a chignon, by the end of the day it was most likely dry and when I took it down, it waved like that. I always was complimented on it, people thinking it was natural :biglaugh: my hair DOES wave but not in such a nice way as drying in a chignon :D and now that my hair is shorter like ICA's when she first was arrested, I also have to use a flatiron for crazy wave issues. (I never remember seeing ICA unironed so I dont know if she had wave issues)

wow..tampons as hair curlers? that is interesting, in a way amazing how these inmates can be resourceful like that...( for good purposes=we KNOW how they can devise a weapon out of almost anything..)
well even if its volunteered, or inmate, or who ever, i wonder if they took care of all those back zits on her too!( think of the bella vita tattoo evidence photo...) sorry, that thought just popped into my mind...if i was ICA i would ask around what cures zits!
i agree with alot others, she isnt pretty, or beautiful...and whats worse ICA thinks that she is ALL THAT/ ( just my opinion.)

Well, I know we seem pretty backwoods here in Florida, but so far no one has overrun the courthouse with pitchforks and torches.

In the eyes of the court, she is innocent, until a jury finds her guilty. She has the right to present herself in a way that is presentable. A dirty, unkempt look might make her "appear" to be guilty.

Now if she showed up with an expensive, amazing looking haircut, or a perm or highlights, I'd be pizzed, but so far it doesn't seem too over-the-top.

JMO. I understand your anger, I really do, but I also believe in the law and the rights that our country has fought for.

BBM. Agreed. All she needs is some soap, water, and a good old-fashioned comb. Have to say I am disgusted by the perks and 'privileges' inmates seem to have these days. More than many hard-working , up-standing citizens have. :cow:

BBM. Agreed. All she needs is some soap, water, and a good old-fashioned comb. Have to say I am disgusted by the perks and 'privileges' inmates seem to have these days. More than many hard-working , up-standing citizens have. :cow:

All prisons should adapt Sheriff Joe Arapios' way...dress them in pinstripes, put that old ball and chain on their ankles and let them work those fields...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

On TruTv right now there is a case where the female defendant made a motion prior to trial to be able to apply makeup prior to entering the courtroom each day. Her request was granted.

During a discussion of this - someone on the TV show mentioned that Casey Anthony had obtained special permission to "have her hair done" prior to each of her court appearances. Has anyone else ever heard of this in regard to the Anthony case?

This discussion would have taken place yesterday on either TrueTV, JVM Issues, Nancy Grace show or the Joy Behar Show. Anyone else here catch this?

And what exactly I wonder would "get your hair done" mean while you are in jail? There's a beauty salon? How DO prisoners get their hair cut in the local county jail, if anyone knows? Presumably everyone gets to look decent and well-groomed when they go to court?

I also saw this seqment about the make up and was shocked that a judge would even waste the tax payers money discussing with the defendant about wearing makeup and where it would be stored. The young lady is on trial for murder.. Then when I heard the piece about Casey Anthony having her hair done before her appearances,well I am speechless. Just love how our tax dollars are being spent.:banghead:

I assumed she didn't have access to haircuts. Why the #$ll isn't she getting it cut then? She looks like Mrs. Munster at this point. It will be down to her knees before she starts trial. I don't think it's attractive at all..raggedy with split ends.

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

Let it fly in the breeze
And get caught in the trees
Give a home to the fleas in my hair
A home for fleas
A hive for bees
A nest for birds
There ain't no words
For the beauty, the splendor, the wonder
Of my...

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy
Shining, gleaming, streaming
Flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted
Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

Oh say can you see
My eyes if you can
Then my hair's too short

Down to here
Down to there
Down to where
It stops by itself

Just sayin.....I could give a crap about her hair! :banghead:

The longer hair, whatever we personally think of it, has IMO been allowed to grow out for one reason only, and is meant to serve one purpose only: to soften KC's "look."

The whole Little House on the Prairie thing is just one more desperate ploy. :cow:

Also, the Rachel Wade case has been mentioned... At least she shows up to court wearing appropriate attire--business casual it looks like, cleavage covered by camisoles, etc.

Wow ! Thanks for the info. That absolutely disgusts me as well. Getting hair and makeup done. Wow !

BBM. You are so correct. In Michigan, the county jail charges the inmates 10 dollars for a hair cut and the money comes out of their commisary funds supplied by family and friends. Sometimes inmates will have other inmates cut their hair with razors that can be purchased from the commisary.

Also, after an inmate is released from jail, the county sends a bill @ 30 dollars a day for the length of the stay.

Also, the the inmate owes any fines or penalties, any money over 50 dollars in the inmates commisary will automatically be deducted from the inmates account to pay off the debt.

Wow, $30.00 a day. From what I see on ICA's jail account, she is charged $1.50 per day for sustinance (sp? brain not awake.lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson