Casey's hair & court attire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combing it out, putting that super stupid "bump" in her hair EVERYDAY, the buns and ponytails, and her bangs being cut. Maybe that's the styling?
Notice she no longer has those bangs hanging free last couple of days. They were too much of a distraction for her, always wanting to push it back like she does w/ 1 finger. Ugh. Bet someone told her to slick it back like it was b4 she cut them. To hold them out of the way so shes not continually touching & grooming. What a narcissist, am sure shed be delighted to have a big ole mirror on the defense table to gaze in to as well.

(above bbm)
well....are we 100% sure that that's a real, working laptop she's gazing at, and not a mirror? :D

I've read that she already seems like a little girl due to her diminutive size and how her seat has been purposely lowered to make her seem even SMALLER. I think the long flowy hair wasn't appropriate, and there was a reason her handlers put a stop to that. It would've been distracting. You're supposed to dress like you'd dress for church.

Anyway, she was much prettier in the early part of her incarceration. Does she still get to tweeze her eyebrows and things like that while in jail?

Apparently she can tweeze to the point of mutilating them, as far as I can tell!

But she is not an innocent young mother, she is a murderer.

Does she have a tv in her cell so she can watch all this when the day is done?

I believe there is a TV in the common area, but I think that Casey is kept away from the other prisoners. She may have times that she's allowed to go out there, but I think it's when the other women aren't there.

I'll admit that I've been baffled by her physical appearance in court. She appeared much softer, and feminine early on, in her bond hearing for example. Perhaps this is just what happens to a person after an extended incarceration. She does appear much more severe now. The pulled back hair and the Ruth Buzzy bangs don't help.

My guess is that she is in control of her look. I was confused by her clothing initially, but that seems to have toned it down this week. I think what we're seeing though is the effects of being isolated, and cut off from society.

I hadn't seen much of her since '08-and I don't even remember seeing video of her at her court appearances that year (I do have a vague memory of jail visit videos). I started watching towards the end of jury selection-and I have to say (imo) she looks different from even then. I think it's the rage, it's really close to the surface. This whole murder trial thing is really pizzing her off. :cow: and all of that....

I have yet to see a photo of her with hair as long as Linda Drane Burdick's as she testified to during trial.

During her testimony, didn't she motion with her hand that at one time the length of her hair was below her shoulders? I've never seen it that long. The longest I've seen it is:

cindylonghair.png

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/cma-cindy.png

August 2010:
cindylonghair2.png

http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...rge-and-cindy-prosecution-attacking-casey.png

BBM
Cindy was being questioned by LDB and Cindy said, "My hair was about the same length as yours."

But she is not an innocent young mother, she is a murderer.

Does she have a tv in her cell so she can watch all this when the day is done?

I know this...but was just pointing out that you'd think the DT would "fix her up" a little to make her look more innocent. I'm sure the DT lets her watch the replay of the trial if she wants to, but she looks so bored that I doubt she would take the time.

The taxpayers should not have to pay for continual hair cuts, and hair styling for court appearances. If the DT wants to make her look "pretty" let them pay for all the many cosmetics she would need. She should be entitled to inexpensive soap, shampoo, conditioner and a comb. Her face should be free of artificial beauty enhancers. She is obsessed with her looks, and the one good thing about that is she doesn't dare cry real tears. No harm of real tears anyway since she has no soul. Everything about her is artificial, to play to the jury and the cameras. BTW...about those pouty puffy lips, how does she achieve that?

According to this article, she doesn't get haircuts or styling: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-06-15/news/os-casey-anthony-clothes-20110615_1_casey-anthony-trial-inmates-jail-officials-bag-lunch

Q: Who cuts her hair?

A: She does her own hair. Because she is under protective custody — meaning she is not allowed to have contact with other inmates — jail officials allow her to snip her hair with clippers (not scissors) while a corrections officer supervises. Regular inmates usually cut each other's hair with clippers.

I wonder what kind of clippers--the kind used for shaving? Hedge clippers? Nail clippers? Sorry, I just can't imagine what kind of clippers someone would use to trim long hair. I think it explains why only her bangs have been cut in three years. Her hair really does not seem remotely "styled" to me, just pulled back.

She's also allowed to buy mascara, lipstick, and eye pencils through the commissary.

I really believe she should have the right to make herself look presentable, even pretty, in court; no matter how guilty most people believe she is, she is as yet still considered innocent until convicted. A shaved head and shackles would, I think, be quite prejudicial. (I know that's hyperbole, but still--the total dehumanization can begin after she is convicted. I think all the accused should get some dignity during trial; not all are guilty, after all.)

As for the fact that she might be failing to look pretty--or that she certainly looks different from three years ago--I suspect that simply comes from being jailed for three years. I've never even been inside a jail, but I've seen and met a recently released ex-convict or two. In my experience, no matter whether inmates are allowed some comforts and conveniences, something about being removed from the public and living behind bars--well, I've found that that in itself can have a hardening effect on the appearance. In other words, I think it ages you, no matter your crime. It really is not easy, even if you believe they receive some comforts they shouldn't.

Vinnie said on HLN I think it was this past week that ICA does her own hair. Also said the defense brings her the clothes. CA does not provide them. She can buy make up and she has bought some. He also said she had bought black eye liner. I know one day everyone was commenting about what did ICA do to her eye brows. I guess that is what she used the black eye liner for.

I would not wear my hair like ICA does if my ears stuck out like hers.

She definitely wears eyeliner, does her brows. Knowing Casey and Baez's close relationship, I would not be at all surprised that he bought her makeup. The hair choice is odd, very severely pulled back. I would have that they would have softened her appearance to something a little more momish to sway the jury. Her look is also a little androgenous to me too. The tops are too tight-fitting and she's constantly preening like the true narcissist she is. Some women on the jury must notice the chemistry between her and Baez and her flirtiness with him has already been noticed by body language experts. Rerun tape and watch her face from Saturday when Baez is getting scolded by the judge. It was very curious as she looked like she was getting told off too. Girl is man crazy anyway. Trouble was the state has sooo many motives for her to kill Caylee (get back at Cindy, party 24/7, maybe thought George was molesting Caylee if it's true he molested Casey, worried Cindy was getting custody, frustrated with Caylee, and last but not least was infatuated with Tony Lazzaro and Tony had made the comment didn't want daughters.) Who knows.

I just don't get her whole appearance.
Why always slacks? Seems like a nice dress skirt would be more appealing on her than slacks every day. Maybe she can't shave, therefore no legs showing ?
Eyebrows - Oh My Gosh
Hair - If you have a long face, as she does, and then bump your hair on the top. Really !
Those bangs should never be left hanging.
Pulled back in a pony tail would be much better.
I firmly believe that they are streaming the ICA cam on the laptop. I've seen her look at the screen then adjust her blouse. Isn't that just the height of being self centered !

I have yet to see a photo of her with hair as long as Linda Drane Burdick's as she testified to during trial.

I just can't understand why it matters, respectfully. It's not a heck of a lot shorter than Drane Burdick's in those pictures above. It's possible she's honestly mistaken about the precise length of her hair a few years ago; I know mine has been varying lengths the past couple years, and I might be wrong if I say my hair was about Drane-Burdick's length a year ago.

I know she testified to it, but it didn't seem to me like crucial testimony at all, or as if she were purposefully lying, or as if she were trying to obfuscate the facts. She said she colors her hair and Caylee didn't, as somebody above said, so that rules her out. And it was a rambling answer, but the woman's testifying in her daughter's capital murder trial for the killing of her beloved granddaughter. I can't fault her for being spacey, personally. JMO.

To me she looks like a sociopath who is on trial for murdering her baby.

She needs to look repentant, and never will. MOO.

There was one day I thought her hair look was improved, haven't seen it since-- it was pulled back into the customary bun, but she left some bangs and swept them to the side. Looked better than anything else, imo.

I don't think she's getting any feedback from her team because they don't want to do anything for her, seems like it to me. Too bad she cut the only people who'd be honest with her out of her life.

I agree the defense team doesn't want anything to with her more than they have to. As sleazy as they are, I guess they think she's sleazier.

According to this article, she doesn't get haircuts or styling: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-06-15/news/os-casey-anthony-clothes-20110615_1_casey-anthony-trial-inmates-jail-officials-bag-lunch

I wonder what kind of clippers--the kind used for shaving? Hedge clippers? Nail clippers? Sorry, I just can't imagine what kind of clippers someone would use to trim long hair. I think it explains why only her bangs have been cut in three years. Her hair really does not seem remotely "styled" to me, just pulled back.

She's also allowed to buy mascara, lipstick, and eye pencils through the commissary.

I really believe she should have the right to make herself look presentable, even pretty, in court; no matter how guilty most people believe she is, she is as yet still considered innocent until convicted. A shaved head and shackles would, I think, be quite prejudicial. (I know that's hyperbole, but still--the total dehumanization can begin after she is convicted. I think all the accused should get some dignity during trial; not all are guilty, after all.)

As for the fact that she might be failing to look pretty--or that she certainly looks different from three years ago--I suspect that simply comes from being jailed for three years. I've never even been inside a jail, but I've seen and met a recently released ex-convict or two. In my experience, no matter whether inmates are allowed some comforts and conveniences, something about being removed from the public and living behind bars--well, I've found that that in itself can have a hardening effect on the appearance. In other words, I think it ages you, no matter your crime. It really is not easy, even if you believe they receive some comforts they shouldn't.

I think the look we see on KC's face is the realization that she no longer can control her parents. The one time she did cry was when her mother was first on the stand for the State. It appeared she felt betrayed by her mother's testimony. They are no longer willing to throw themselves in front of the bus for her. Caylee been gone three years and it's still, "Caylee, Caylee, Caylee."

She wants everyone to believe she slept in late, Caylee got out and everyone from there on out botched it up. Did defense ever figure out how GA planned on explaining what happened to Caylee? At some point an ex-police officer would have thought of a better plan to explain Caylee's disappearance....I mean, let's face it folks GA is not an inexperienced, immature 22 year old whose life has been negatively altered by the responsibility of caring for a small child who demands constant attention. GA apparently loved that attention from his first grandchild. How many of us here can relate to how GA felt about his granddaughter? jmo

I've been wondering if Casey's long hair is some sort of decision she's made, some vow she's made to herself, etc. about not cutting her hair until this trial is totally over. I don't exactly know what kind of statement she may be consciously or unconsciously making through her unflattering hairstyle -- I just feel that it does stand for something in her way of thinking. Because she is allowed supervised use of clippers (not scissors) it seems she certainly could cut enough length off her hair and improve her look -- however, she certainly does not seem inclined to do so, and I do find that meaningful, even if the meaning is not clear.

The toll of being in jail really appears to show in the condition of her hair as well. It always looks dull and unhealthy to me. I believe this is due, in large part, to the food and the grooming products she has available.

I know she can buy eyebrow pencils, mascara, and lipstick. It is clear to me that she is somehow continuing to "pluck" her eyebrows, although I don't believe inmates are allowed to possess/use tweezers. I read somewhere that there is a way to use thread or strands of one's hair to tie around eyebrow hairs and pull them out. (Sounds way complicated and painful to me!) Whatever it is that she is doing to her eyebrows, it certainly is not enhancing her features.

I have always believed that the older we get the more our true inner face shows on our outer physical face. I believe Casey's insides are showing more on the outside with each passing day.

I still find it sad, no matter how guilty I believe her to be, to look at the difference these last three years have had on her appearance. I find it sad on a human level, not so much a personal level toward her. I believe it is always sad to see vibrancy give way to vacancy. In many of Casey's pre-jail life pictures, I've often thought her smiles were forced, too over the top, too intense -- as if she was trying way too hard to appear happy. Now, perhaps we are seeing what was always really inside.

That pic is interesting. I think Cindy is very attractive. This is the first pic where I can see Casey in her. I always felt Casey looked like George, but in this pic, the eyes, eyebrows, something, is very Casey. Thanks for posting.

What galls me is convicted felons wanting sex change surgeries and the court considers it. If he (she) is denied, she will sue. Who is going to pay for her lawyers-yes, we will. Prisoners have received nose jobs and facelifts. If they get life and need a heart transplant, they get it. That ticks me off. A murderer getting a heart or liver transplant while innocent people have to wait for organs.
The fact that ICA has her hair done does not bother me in the least. No matter what we might think, she is innocent til proven guilty.

I'll admit that I've been baffled by her physical appearance in court. She appeared much softer, and feminine early on, in her bond hearing for example. Perhaps this is just what happens to a person after an extended incarceration. She does appear much more severe now. The pulled back hair and the Ruth Buzzy bangs don't help.

My guess is that she is in control of her look. I was confused by her clothing initially, but that seems to have toned it down this week. I think what we're seeing though is the effects of being isolated, and cut off from society.

LMAO!! Ruth Buzzy!! I've been trying and trying to think of just who ICA reminds me of when she wears those bangs... thanks for the light bulb moment!:floorlaugh:

I had hopes that this thread could stay open because it COULD have been a constructive discussion regarding how and why the DT is dressing her to influence the jury.

Sadly, it has turned into more bashing.

Locking up.

The lock was thrown at random. Not because of any one post. Plenty to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff