Casey's Lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much cecybeans for saying what my brain couldn't spit out!!:blowkiss:
This thread was started with team work, let me tell you. Here you go snow_walker. Hope this is something on the line where we can get started on your thought.:blowkiss:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85681&page=19
cecybeans Post #472

I can see where all of you are coming from and why this might seem difficult. Some of us think KC's lies and "fantasy" stories about herself come from the fact she could be a sociopath. Some people think they might be from the fact that they were a coping mechanism for living in a family like hers, or perhaps learned from CA, who certainly is very good at creating "alternate realities" to make the facts conform to her wishes. In fact, several of KC's friends use those very terms to describe her - I can't remember if it was Kio, Amy or Annie, but one of them said that if something bad had happened to Caylee, KC would have reconstructed it in her mind to be something totally different. JG, even though he admitted her lying was "diabolical" also said something to the same effect, as if she often lied to create a perfect world whether from insecurity or some other motivation.

From what I can see, no one is arguing whether she is legally insane - she certainly knew right from wrong and that is evidenced by her elaborate stories she created to cover up Caylee's death. And all of us have opinions about what we might or might not label her personality disorders - that does not seem to be the issue either. Or whether she was lying because she enjoyed it, or to cover insecurity, or to manipulate people or for all those and maybe a host of others.

Let me know if I haven't got this straight, but it seems to me you want to talk about the inconsistencies between the things KC said and did and what was really true or that we can verify actually happened - and leave out the psychological speculation.

Maybe someone could start a thread similar to the ones on GA and CA entitled "Inconsistencies" with what KC said, told others, etc. and what we know really went on so that there is a record. I would also suggest that it might be nice to identify things that she said that we don't know yet are true or not but may have simply taken for granted as a group since they have been present from the outset, or supported by others but who did so only using her as their source (so that they are completely hearsay).

I think that would be a useful addition, to separate the contradictions (call them lies, mistruths, fantasies, whatever) from the actual verifiable facts. If someone starts that thread and makes it clear that the discussion is about comparing inconsistencies but avoiding speculation as to WHY then it could provide a useful list for later.

(For instance, she told various people she knew "Zanny" for six years, four years, two years, etc. - but WHEN did she tell each of those people those stories?) So perhaps, we could make not only a list of inconsistencies but a timeline of when they appeared and to whom they were told.

This isn't probably what you are looking for, but let me type it and it can be deleted, if need be. I just have to finally type it to get it out of my system. Thanks.

The first time I heard "nanny" I thought a live-in care taker for the child, not a BABYSITTER! Never heard the word "mistruth" before this case. Call it what it is, a LIE! According to dictionary.com, mistruth isn't even a word for crying out loud!

I've been wanting to go back and listen to old interviews and read transcripts again and see how "the story" has evolved. Now that the coverage has slowed down, it seems like a good idea to get started. This thread will really come in handy and we can even provide links.

Yikes! Where to begin? At the beginning I suppose...

1) Casey was not gainfully employed.

2) She did not leave Caylee at SG apartments.

3) She was not in Tampa...or at the HRH for that matter.

4) GA did not have a mini stroke.

5) She was not dating JH.

6) Her daughter was not kidnapped.

ETA:...and there was no script...though this is hearsay.

Lies:

• LIE: According to the Orange County Sheriffs charging affidavit, friends of Casey Anthony said in a sworn statement she is a habitual liar who once stole $700 and checks from a friend. They state she told them on different occasions that Caylee was with a nanny.

• LIE: In early June, Casey Anthony told her mother she was being sent to Tampa for work and would be back in a few days.

• LIE: Later, Casey said she was going on a "mini-vacation" with friends (friend = Jeff Hopkins?) and taking Caylee with her.

• LIE: Casey also told a former boyfriend (Jessie Grund?) on June 25 that she would be free to get together because her daughter was "with the nanny and that they had gone to the beach for the weekend." A friend of the mother contacted authorities and told them he spent the weekend with Casey Anthony in late June, and at that time, according to the friend and the arrest report, the child was with a nanny.

• LIE: Casey's mother said she had been asking to speak with her granddaughter but that Casey made excuses that she could not talk to Caylee because "she’s with someone else or she’s swimming or napping.”

• LIE: Casey’s parents became concerned after they received notice that her car was towed from a check-cashing business where it had been parked for days and it was no where near where she told her parents she was staying.

• LIE: According to Casey, she had dropped Caylee off at her babysitter's July 9th between 9:00 and 1:00 ---- but was not reported missing until five weeks later when her grandmother reported the information to police.

• LIE: Casey said she was doing her own investigation into her daughter's disappearance over the past five weeks instead of calling 911. Casey said that she saw movies and reports that if people in similar situations went to police, they had gotten hurt. Casey also she did not report her daughter missing because she wanted to find the child herself to spare her parents the sadness of their grandchild being missing. Two of Anthony's boyfriends told detectives she never acted upset or mentioned her daughter's disappearance.

• LIE: Casey Anthony says Caylee's baby-sitter was Zenaida Gonzalez, at the Sawgrass Apartments off Conway Road. A woman named Zanie Gonzalez never even lived here. (In addition, the apartment Casey pointed out to detectives proved to have been vacant for 5 months since Feb 29)

• LIE: Casey said that -- while doing her "own" investigation -- she also went to clubs that the baby sitter, a woman she identified as Zenaida Gonzalez, is known to frequent.

• LIE: Caylee's baby-sitter, Zenaida Gonzalez, had been a family friend for four years and cared for Caylee for 18 months. Contacted by detectives, a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez told them she never met Anthony or her missing child. She did not recognize the mother or daughter from pictures.

• LIE: Casey also directed deputies to a complex on North Hillside Drive, which turned out to be a senior facility.

• LIE: Casey said Zanie's mother lived in The Crossings at Conway. After knocking on several doors, no one knew of Zanie or her mom.

• LIE: Casey had told her parents she worked as an event planner at an area theme park. Investigators say Anthony was unemployed

• LIE: Casey said both she and the alleged babysitter Zanie worked at Universal Studios, and that Casey'a job there was the reason she needed a babysitter. But after entering a building and pretending she knew where she was going, she admitted she wasn't an employee there. (She was fired from there in 2006.)

• LIE: Casey claimed she had been so concerned that she told two co-workers at Universal Studios her child had disappeared. Neither person she named works at Universal.

Reference Links:

1. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-071908-missing-girl-jul19,0,3232170.story?page=2&track=rss
  2. http://www.news4jax.com/news/16909249/detail.html
  3. http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/07/17/myspace-used-to-find-missing-toddler
  4. http://www.wesh.com/news/16904053/detail.html?rss=orl&psp=news
  5. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...arie-missing-071708,0,6768806.story?track=rss
  6. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=8&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
  7. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
  8. http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
  9. http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/22/missing.florida.girl.ap/index.html
Ok...good post to bump up.

But wouldn't it be ever so much easier to try and think of something she said that might have been the truth???
I'll start: her name, age, address & phone number

There's nothing but lies.

But wouldn't it be ever so much easier to try and think of something she said that night have been the truth???
I'll start: her name, age, address & phone number

Which phone number? :crazy:

Here's a new one:
I was using the shovel to get the ladder out of the pool...
no to cut the bamboo...
no to get the ladder out of the pool...

Must BOTH be lies huh?

Hi Mama Bear,

Not sure yet where I am going with this either. :waitasec: There are a couple of threads twisting through my twisted mind. :crazy:

• One is to understand how KC's lies evolved over time.
  • The second is to discover the inconsistencies in her lies.
From the above I am hoping to develop a conclusion that she was either building up to something, or had woven enough of a web that she thought she could fall back on it when the unexpected occurred.

I am doing some work right now to try and understand the genesis of one particular lie, but as I look through the documents I stumble across so many fascinating other lies that I feel compelled to toss them out. So, right now I am just throwing stuff out there - along with others - to see what might stick. :rolleyes:

I think the important thing is (IMHO) that all of these lies - consistent, unnecessary lies - and the commitment she kept to them is going to be utilized heavily in the prosecution. I can see the prosecutors spending an enormous amount of time for each witness that was duped by one of these lies to lay an extremely firm foundation that NOTHING KC has said to anyone can be trusted. This brings the defense (who wouldn't dare put the little liar on the stand) using CA, GA and LA to regurgitate KC's statements that have already been rendered dubious at best and more safely handled as "default to lies".

For the first few months of Caylee's life the Grunds, then Lauren Coppel took care of Caylee. Lauren did it for free until she discovered that Casey was not going to work and lied about having a job. Then she had her parents taking care of the baby because of " her job," which we now of course know she never had. Even Cindy caught her in these lies when she saw her partying photos on Casey's facebook etc.

The Anthony's had to know she did not go " to work". Why would they continue to support this bogus nonsense??
Where was Casey going and what was she doing when she was NOT going to a job??

Huge lies here, and I do hope the State is looking into this as to laying a foundation for her life of lies.
This, to me, is one of the biggest mysteries of this mess. Why did she create the "false life" of event coordinator for Universal? :banghead:

Also, after she got rid of her daughter, and was avoiding Cindy especially, she fed them with this whole scenario about ZFG, minute detalis of ZFG family, dogs blah blah, going to Tampa, the car break down, weeks of fabricated nonsense, which Cindy even WROTE DOWN, and then held LE hostage to repeat for hours ad nauseam . . . . ALL OF IT FABRICATION by Casey:banghead: and cindy buys this????:banghead:

Wacko, whacko whacko . . . :crazy:
MOO :) Nah, most of us think they are all (JPN) JUST PLAIN NUTS, as the docs used to chart for patients they were admiting who made no sense

For the first few months of Caylee's life the Grunds, then Lauren Coppel took care of Caylee. Lauren did it for free until she discovered that Casey was not going to work and lied about having a job.

I have seen mentions of Lauren before and had often wondered what the circumstances were around her no longer watching Caylee. Is this true? Did she speak with LE (I haven't seen any actual discussions with her)? I just don't understand why, if she knew that and was friendly with the Grunds', why Jesse wouldn't have ratted KC out after Caylee went missing. Of course, that's assuming anyone would have actually talked to one another, and keeping anyone from doing that seems to be a big part of how KC kept all her lies alive.

I have seen mentions of Lauren before and had often wondered what the circumstances were around her no longer watching Caylee. Is this true? Did she speak with LE (I haven't seen any actual discussions with her)? I just don't understand why, if she knew that and was friendly with the Grunds', why Jesse wouldn't have ratted KC out after Caylee went missing. Of course, that's assuming anyone would have actually talked to one another, and keeping anyone from doing that seems to be a big part of how KC kept all her lies alive.
shellsbells, Unfortunately I do not know how to put references in my posts,
( computer savvy challenged), but if you go back to Jesse's interview & Lauren's that info is there. Jesse even refers to her lies as "diabolical." Jesse & the Grunds REALLY LOVED CAYLEE. In fact, Casey broke off their engagement because she thought "Jesse loved Caylee, more than her."Casey could not tolerate anyone, especially her daughter getting attention or love over her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member