Casey's Phone-Y Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if Cindy snooped or called the number and recognize a neighbor, Casey could just say that she must have gotten the neighbors number mixed up with Jeff's or Juliette's when switching over to a new phone.

Edit your first post maybe?

I did and it only changed the title of that post. I'm sure I've changed the title of a thread before. Maybe the mods have to? I like Diane's version better.

It's probably not the quote I'm thinking of, but I recall someone asking Lee if he thought Casey was telling the truth (about something specific, which I don't recall at the moment). If memory serves me correctly, he replied, "To the best of her ability".

Yes, thank you!

SuziQ, you trying to change your thread title? Go into 'edit' and then from there 'advanced'. That should work.

Also, if Cindy snooped or called the number and recognize a neighbor, Casey could just say that she must have gotten the neighbors number mixed up with Jeff's or Juliette's when switching over to a new phone.

I think this one is going to be awfully hard for Casey to explain away. And I think technical error would be nearly impossible to explain away as well.

Had it only been ONE of those two numbers (Juliette OR Jeff) that'd be one thing, but it being these TWO vital names and numbers I think indicates there's no way in the world it's a fluke or anything other than intentional. ESPECIALLY since they both went to neighbors, not just other random people in her book.

SuziQ, you trying to change your thread title? Go into 'edit' and then from there 'advanced'. That should work.

I tried that and I'm sure that's how it was previously done right? I'm probably missing something simple.

ETA: whew, after trying a dozen times, I got the title to change. Don't know what I did different this time.

I think Casey's treatment of her family is somewhat akin to how domestic violence victims deal with abuse.

The family is so used to "dealing" with her that they see nothing strange in the things WE find outlandish.

In other words...each day without a drama from Casey was good day...each day without a theft or meltdown a success. I would find her behavior/action intolerable, they accepted lesser degrees of her behavior/actions as normal because they DEAL with it, as an abuse victim deals with violence.

I think Liz is correct..."the best of her ability." Or "Casey is telling us in her own way."

She is 22 not 2! ARRRGGHHHH....

I think Casey providing the small details, numbers, made up babysitters, jobs...WAS like Mark Hacking IMO, so easy for them....normal people want to believe them. Normal people have no reason to question whether everything is a lie or not, especially when there is no reason to lie.

Manipulation and control are their "drugs" so to speak. Just like an abuser maintains control through fear, they lie to manipulate & control the people around them.

I watched Casey in court, heard her taped conversations...the way she uses words, structures them and presents herself is in itself a means to manipulate and CONTROL others.

The way the police described her walking purposefully down the hall at Universal; the clipped measured speech in the jail calls, the temper flares on the calls then throwing in the endearments; dressing for "work"; all part of her false presentation. Lies.

But they worked, up til now. I would bet a great avatar that the words/phrases that pepper her speech, her clipped manner of speaking & (day <LOL>)wardrobe helped BS her way into past employment and keep her there. It certainly worked on her family.

The boyfriend I believe dodged a BIG bullet...I think when Casey ran through her old friends and they caught onto her...parents wanted her to move out...that boyfriend was her bullseye. The cooking, the stays...he would not known what hit him...this girl was ready for a change of scenery and someone new to take care of her.

Ahhh, and as long as I am rambling <LOL>

Refusing visits from family is the only thing she has left now... to show her family HER control.

Earlier tonight posters who watched Geraldo said it was reported that the two Alibi witnesses of Casey that Lee was running down had the neighbors phone numbers. Creating a confusing situation when he unknowingly called the neighbors and asked for the other names. The names are presumed to be Jeff Hopkins and Juliet Lewis.

I missed the first half hour of Geraldo last night so I evidently missed this. But.........WOW! This does show a conscious attempt to cover up.

If Casey has been watching any of the national news coverage - Greta, Nancy Grace, Geraldo, etc. - then she's seen the legal analysts tearing apart her lies. She's got to know her lies are exposed.

You're my new best friend here. :crazy:
I did make a post very similar to yours earlier tonight saying nobody's ever called her on the carpet, which is why she never learned that lying doesn't work or that it's wrong. I agree......... she never even gave the notion of LE involvement a thought, but why not, considering her child was ....... ahem ...... abducted, right?
:bang:

Hey, new BFF!:)
I think she just thought she could point to an apartment, say she'd left Caylee there with the babysitter that she'd been pretending to have, and everybody would focus on the babysitter who had left with Caylee, never to be seen again. And she would be poor Casey, who needs extra attention.

Hey, new BFF!:)
I think she just thought she could point to an apartment, say she'd left Caylee there with the babysitter that she'd been pretending to have, and everybody would focus on the babysitter who had left with Caylee, never to be seen again. And she would be poor Casey, who needs extra attention.

:wave:
Sounds reasonable . Forgive my having to ask, but -- which one of the players lives/lived across the street from the Sawgrass apartment building, do you know? By the way, the middle of the night is the best time to read and post here without going bonkers, imo.

S

Sounds reasonable . Forgive my having to ask, but -- which one of the players lives/lived across the street from the Sawgrass apartment building, do you know? By the way, the middle of the night is the best time to read and post here without going bonkers, imo.

S

I love the discussions that happen in the middle of the night. They get more in depth.

To answer about the Sawgrass apartments. Casey friends, Amy and Ricardo Lived across from the first location Casey pointed out to LE. She said ZG had lived there in years past. That building ended up being a Senior only housing complex and obviously a 26 year old ZG would never have been there.

Then Casey took LE to Sawgrass Apts. and said that's where she left Caylee the last time she saw her.

Lastly, Casey took LE to some Townhomes and claimed that ZG's mother Gloria lived in them. The neighbors never heard of a Gloria and didn't recognize pictures of Casey or Caylee.

I missed the first half hour of Geraldo last night so I evidently missed this. But.........WOW! This does show a conscious attempt to cover up.

If Casey has been watching any of the national news coverage - Greta, Nancy Grace, Geraldo, etc. - then she's seen the legal analysts tearing apart her lies. She's got to know her lies are exposed.

Ohhh, yeah I'll bet its driving her crazy....:crazy:

I can imagine how limited jail hygiene, no fashion, no luxuries, communication and the inability to "Casey" her detractors is wearing her down.

Of course if she is a Scott Peterson...she may be adjusting just fine to her surroundings. In fact, think of it...no rent to pay, meals, no dealing with high GAS prices...might be just what Casey was looking for in her own life plan!:behindbar

That's not a drive. It's a putt! ;)

I can imagine how limited jail hygiene, no fashion, no luxuries, communication and the inability to "Casey" her detractors is wearing her down.

Of course if she is a Scott Peterson...she may be adjusting just fine to her surroundings. In fact, think of it...no rent to pay, meals, no dealing with high GAS prices...might be just what Casey was looking for in her own life plan!:behindbar

My opinion about Casey in jail - I'm thinking she's probably quite content there. If they do have any say-so over tv privileges, they're all probably requesting to watch Geraldo, Greta, Nancy Grace - just to drive Casey nuts. In Casey's World, she's the star of the show! She obviously isn't anxious to face her family, eye to eye, and confront all those lies. I bet when she placed her collect call to TonE, he probably responded, "Casey who?? No, I refuse to accept charges!"

Time is on her side. It gives her a chance to make up more phony alibis!

I can not imagine what Lee is feeling. I am sure everytime he sees a name or something that matches his heart speeds up and he thinks they do exist Casey is telling the truth, only to be smacked in the face over and over. I think Lee is so desperately searching because if he can prove Casey is telling the truth it means Caylee is alive, if he can't prove it he has to accept Caylee is dead.

S

I see SuzieQ answered your question. She's always got a good handle on the facts of a case.

I think Casey's treatment of her family is somewhat akin to how domestic violence victims deal with abuse.

The family is so used to "dealing" with her that they see nothing strange in the things WE find outlandish.

In other words...each day without a drama from Casey was good day...each day without a theft or meltdown a success. I would find her behavior/action intolerable, they accepted lesser degrees of her behavior/actions as normal because they DEAL with it, as an abuse victim deals with violence.

I think Liz is correct..."the best of her ability." Or "Casey is telling us in her own way."

She is 22 not 2! ARRRGGHHHH....

I think Casey providing the small details, numbers, made up babysitters, jobs...WAS like Mark Hacking IMO, so easy for them....normal people want to believe them. Normal people have no reason to question whether everything is a lie or not, especially when there is no reason to lie.

Manipulation and control are their "drugs" so to speak. Just like an abuser maintains control through fear, they lie to manipulate & control the people around them.

I watched Casey in court, heard her taped conversations...the way she uses words, structures them and presents herself is in itself a means to manipulate and CONTROL others.

The way the police described her walking purposefully down the hall at Universal; the clipped measured speech in the jail calls, the temper flares on the calls then throwing in the endearments; dressing for "work"; all part of her false presentation. Lies.

But they worked, up til now. I would bet a great avatar that the words/phrases that pepper her speech, her clipped manner of speaking & (day <LOL>)wardrobe helped BS her way into past employment and keep her there. It certainly worked on her family.

The boyfriend I believe dodged a BIG bullet...I think when Casey ran through her old friends and they caught onto her...parents wanted her to move out...that boyfriend was her bullseye. The cooking, the stays...he would not known what hit him...this girl was ready for a change of scenery and someone new to take care of her.

Great summation - I agree 100% - also about her visit refusals - you are correct - it is the only play she has left.

But no BEER PONG? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member