Casey's Reaction to Found Remains was Video Taped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verité;3439361 said:
I'm not sure. . . just trying to play devil's advocate after I heard of the latest
defense counsel added to the KC Dream Team (TM who specializes in accidental/wrongful death among other areas of litigation).
I'm now trying to second-guess what his product liability background may bring to the table, if anything, and have come across an
interesting possibility, but haven't clearly thought that one through yet.
Overdose of medicine was cause of death maybe? Just speculating.

Verité;3439361 said:
I'm not sure. . . just trying to play devil's advocate after I heard of the latest
defense counsel added to the KC Dream Team (TM who specializes in accidental/wrongful death among other areas of litigation).
I'm now trying to second-guess what his product liability background may bring to the table, if anything, and have come across an
interesting possibility, but haven't clearly thought that one through yet.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Are they going to blame Caylee's death on some type of product malfuction, a medication of some sort? This new addition to the defense team sure has got a lot of people wondering.

I have to say, knowing the extreme lies KC has told - who on earth would ever believe it was ever an accident to begin with even if it was? We can't believe anything the girl says. And if it was an accident, why hasn't come forth with the truth by now? Why the elaborate cover up (or should I say "avoidance") of the truth? Why is she going through such extremes to avoid telling the details of what happened if it were truly an accident? At this point, using an "accident" as a defense seems as unbelievable as the zanny nanny story. IMO.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Are they going to blame Caylee's death on some type of product malfuction, a medication of some sort? This new addition to the defense team sure has got a lot of people wondering.

<snipped>

They'll probably try and blame it on tainted Gatoraide!

The skull and crossbones on the chloroform bottle wasn't displayed prominently enough.

Perhaps because I grew up in the "show-me state," I'm reminded of the case of Missouri mother Patricia Stalling who was convicted during the 1990s
of murdering her baby due to poisoning by ethylene glycol, a substance which was said to be present in the infant's bottle. Her conviction was
overturned on appeal because it was concluded that her attorney hadn't mounted a proper scientific defense.

Subsequent experts who examined the evidence (medical/scientific) claimed they were shocked by the low quality of the prior scientific work--that what
was said to be ethylene glycol was not that substance at all, but that the infant had died of a metabolically-based genetic illness (MMA). Mrs. Stalling
was released from prison & all charges were dismissed.

I doubt that KC's defense can provide such a dramatic reinterpretation of the evidence in this case, but we can't be sure. The Stalling case also was
a slam/dunk > guilty >convict! the first time around. At least we can be reassured that KC won't appeal on the basis of an improper scientific
defense--not with her newly acquired cadre of legal & scientific experts, but those are the dudes/dudettes who have the ability to woo the jury with a
modern day magic show. :Justice:

found this

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-jail-video-031109,0,937095.story

The Orlando Sentinel has learned Casey Anthony's attorney appeared to cry and wipe his eyes while meeting with her on Dec. 11 at the jail - the day the remains of a small child were found near the Anthony home
Casey Anthony, however, appeared angry and had her arms crossed and looked away during the meeting, a source told the Sentinel.

Is anyone SHOCKED.......not me!

Not to defend Casey, but I'm not sure Casey did watch LP's media event live. Wasn't it reported that she was quietly led from the TV room when the coverage of the search began, before anything was found? It took only a few minutes for the determination to be made that LP had found nothing of value, and certainly not bones.

I also had no reaction to LP's find, except maybe to roll my eyes. I knew it was a bunch of poppycock. I also knew by the way LE reacted when Caylee's remains actually were found that it was the real thing.
The important thing is not how we posters here at WS felt when watching the news (I add that if you cared to go back through that day's posts, my first post that day of BP search indicated that, I, too, wasn't sure of the findings either,) but how CASEY felt about the initial news reports announcing that a bag with bones had been found in JBP on November 13, which initial reports are what Casey was watching, as I outline below, and as compared to how CASEY felt about the initial news reports annpuncing that a bag of bones was found off Suburban on December 11.

At WS time 11:03 a.m., with Murt covering it live, the first news of a find was of a bag with some sort of toy in it, here, posted by Amster: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2936697#post2936697 and also here, by Amster: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2937521#post2937521 , all of which reflect that as of the noon news in Orlando, the news stations were covering this find and all the events following it. See also WSer sarah7855's post, which was the very first to confirm this, here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2937256#post2937256

By 1:00 p.m. WS time, now two hours after the news stations were reporting the BP findings, we were able to click and read print articles from the news stations, for example, WESH, that small bones were found with the toys in some plastic bag, see here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2937735#post2937735 . OSCO was not at the scene and it had been already 2 hours since the Orlando news stations were reporting about the bag with the bones and child's toys, child's shoe, etc. TexasLil posted Padilla was saying on news stations in FL that they'd found bones size of a child's fingers and toes, post # 650, here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74941&page=26

Regarding Casey's reaction to the newscasts, see Angel_Who_Cares, post # 28, here:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74937&highlight=blanchard+park&page=2 and the WESH article itself, here: http://www.wesh.com/news/17974753/detail.html
"A jail spokesman said she was watching television in a jail dayroom when news came from Blanchard Park. Guards asked her to return to her cell when they saw what was being broadcast, and Anthony went without comment, spokesman Allen Moore said."

So it is all in how one interprets what the news article says and doesn't say...

Me? I read it to mean that once the guards saw what Casey was watching, which was the findings at JBP, in a jail dayroom (which is typically a very public place, viewable by other inmates who might be passing through in the halls, etc.) they decided to shut that down and get her back to her cell, in case Casey had some terrible reaction and/or needed "privacy." LOL. (Sarcasm intended.) So...Casey saw the news as it was rolling and had no reaction. (I add that if she had been watching the news reports that LE had discounted the findings and were saying they were NOT bones, why any need to shut off the television and send her back to her cell? Zero need, as who would react to a news report discounting things that had been found.)

"A jail spokesman said she was watching television in a jail dayroom when news came from Blanchard Park. Guards asked her to return to her cell when they saw what was being broadcast, and Anthony went without comment, spokesman Allen Moore said."

I thought it was SOP when an inmate received bad news to take them to the infirmary, not to return them to their cell.

I thought it was SOP when an inmate received bad news to take them to the infirmary, not to return them to their cell.

I guess since she'd already/inadvertently received the bad news and she'd showed no terrible response, there was no need to go to the infirmary. ???
I understood that they did that as a precautionary measure - so if she's seen the news already & she's not reacting, then there's no need, is there???

I guess since she'd already/inadvertently received the bad news and she'd showed no terrible response, there was no need to go to the infirmary. ???
I understood that they did that as a precautionary measure - so if she's seen the news already & she's not reacting, then there's no need, is there???

That may be the case, but I can't compare the way Casey reacted to the find at Blanchard Park to the way she reacted to the find on Suburban when I don't know that she was even aware of the find at Blanchard Park.

Well, if there was no need to implement SOP and take her to the infirmary why did they feel the need to send her back to her cell during the Blanchard Park broadcast. She allegedly wasn't reacting and remained calm. I wonder why they did that.

Well, if there was no need to implement SOP and take her to the infirmary why did they feel the need to send her back to her cell during the Blanchard Park broadcast. She allegedly wasn't reacting and remained calm. I wonder why they did that.

Seems rational to me that if a prisoner hasn't yet seen the "bad news" to have a SOP of going to the infirmary before receiving same, just in case, but if the prisoner has already in advertently seen the "bad news" prior to any SOP being put into place and showed no reaction, to go ahead and take said prisoner back to their cell instead of the infirmary and, if later necessary, go to the infirmary... I don't see any purpose in implementing the SOP described by the prison officials on November 13, since Casey had already seen the news of the JBP findings and didn't react to them. What good would it have done to switch off the television in the day room where she was watching the news from JBP, walk her to the infirmary, and let her continue watching it there?
As far as taking her to her cell, maybe she was already due to return to her cell b/c the time period for her television privileges were over or just about over, so instead of taking her to the infirmary, where they would've taken her to allow her to watch any bad news for the first time, had she not already seen it, they merely took her back to her cell...

I just saw Mr. Beady-Eye JB on TV adamanantly declaring that he was "not crying!" when he heard the news. I found it interesting how he seemed to ridicule the idea that he might have been crying. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member