Castro DEAD

Still waiting. It's 6:30PM in Miami. and on a Friday too, that means the party will go on 24/7 through the weekend.

Hilton first ran this "story" back on August 17th...at that time, Lavendeira's "scoop" was based on a series of posts about a week ago which were made by the Cuban-American blogger "babalu" on his web site.

The longer this goes with no other confirmation, the less I believe it.

Hmmm, is this a barnyard tale ?, like Chicken Little? I was shocked, when I came on line here, been gone today.

Have not seen any news today. Been watching olde Ronald Reagan black and white movies from 1937. Love em.

Death Rumor Hits Internet

Fidel Castro Dead? Death Rumors Hit Internet

By Lynda Johnson
Aug 24, 2007
Is Fidel Castro dead? There has been a ton of speculation on the Communist dictator's demise since it was reported that his health took a turn for the worse after his 81st birthday on August 13th. The Fidel deathwatch is on. Much of the speculation is coming from celebrity blogger Perez Hilton.

~~ more at link

When Castro really does die before they ever announce it they will call in the National Guard.

Miami in effect will be closed.
Even without confirmation from Cuban officials our own satellites would pick up a strong military presence on the island and most likely their the phone communications from Cuba to the US would conveniently suffer a glitch.

When Castro really does die before they ever announce it they will call in the National Guard.

Even without confirmation from Cuban officials our own satellites would pick up a strong military presence on the island and most likely their the phone communications from Cuba to the US would conveniently suffer a glitch.

Very true, Amra...

I was a senior in high school when Cubans began to flee into Miami. Before that, a young priest and his wife had served in Cuba and knew of Castro. At that time we were given the impression he was a hero fighting a corrupt Batista. I was working after school at our rec center. We began to get a few kids who had just come over. One mother told me about coming over with just the clothes on their backs. She had sewn in every valuable piece of jewelry she could to the clothes. These were to sell so they could live.

As time went on, the refugees began to have children who became Americanized and then they had children. Now we have second generation Cuban-Americans. I point to one very successful Cuban I know who is now a partner in a very prestigious accounting firm. I know he would never return to Cuba.

When Castro does die, I know Miami will be celebrating. I also believe Anglos would celebrate with the Cubans also.

I also remember the Mariel boatlift time. Chaos. The rise of the cocaine cowboys and crime.

What will Cubans do after the celebration dies down? I'd bet a number of die-hards will try to storm over to Cuba, maybe in mass numbers.

Looking back at recent events, I would bet that Castro and his brother have been negotiating heavily with Hugo Chavez of Venezuela. Something may be up between them. Chavez hates the US and may move troops into Cuba to keep ex-patriates out. I couldn't blame those who fled Cuba for wanting to have their homes back. Think about having troops coming into your town and home and demanding you leave.

I will be anxious to see what happens when he truly dies and we know all about it.

My Husbands Father came from Cuba.
His family worked for Batisto..

The feelings about Castro vary based on who you ask. The old time Cubans feel they are truly in exile and would like to go back to Cuba.

The newer generations feel at home in the US..

I have met people that came over during the Muriel Boat Lift and many do not feel ill will towards Castro.

It really depends on the Socio Economic bracket they lived in when they lived in Cuba.
The lower socio economic brackets seem to feel he equalized things. (making it better place by in effect desegregating Cuba)

Of course the Higher economic Brackets feel he stole all they owned ... and he did!

My Husbands Father came from Cuba.
His family worked for Batisto..

The feelings about Castro vary based on who you ask. The old time Cubans feel they are truly in exile and would like to go back to Cuba.

The newer generations feel at home in the US..

I have met people that came over during the Muriel Boat Lift and many do not feel ill will towards Castro.

It really depends on the Socio Economic bracket they lived in when they lived in Cuba.
The lower socio economic brackets seem to feel he equalized things. (making it better place by in effect desegregating Cuba)

Of course the Higher economic Brackets feel he stole all they owned ... and he did!

You are absolutely correct, Amraan. You understand perfectly.

;) Living in South Florida does teach one about these little things:)
You betcha' Amraan. Remember when they shut off the highway from Key West at Key Largo, during the Mariel Boatlift? Many a Marielito arrived in the US at Key West aboard a Coast Guard cutter docked at Mallory docks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back