Cat gets called to Jury Duty

Skittles

Reaction score
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

My sister and BIL got so tired of telemarketing calls that they listed their cat's name instead of theirs in the phone book. When people called and asked for him they'd say "He's not here right now." The caller would usually ask what time he'd be home, so they would say "We don't know, he just wanders in and out when he feels like it."

The cat's gone now, but the phone listing survives. I wonder if he'll get summoned?

I thought in order to be called for jury duty one must be registered to vote, or is that only an Illinois thing? Though, in some counties in IL it wouldn't surprise me to know that cats, dogs or family pets were registered to vote, lol.

I thought in order to be called for jury duty one must be registered to vote, or is that only an Illinois thing? Though, in some counties in IL it wouldn't surprise me to know that cats, dogs or family pets were registered to vote, lol.

Here in NC they started using the DMV database as well as voter registration for the jurors list.

http://www.nccourts.org/Citizens/JDuty/Default.asp

"At least every two years, a Master Jury List is prepared in each county, using the lists of registered voters and licensed drivers. For each week of court, citizens’ names are randomly selected from the Master Jury List, and jury summons are issued for those whose names are drawn."

I think that's a faulty way to do it because apparently they're picking names with no associated SSN or other identifier. There's no way a CAT had an SSN or driver license # or anything else.

Just to clarify, the cat is in Boston, MA. I was talking about what we do here in NC. I don't know what Massachusetts uses for its jury duty lists.

this is hysterical lol.
being from mass....this isnt a shock. they seem to run out of the jury pool heeree very easily the two times i went. maybe the cat is smarter then our usual jurors :)

This is too cute. It covers good news for a week in my book and we need more of it.

Thanks Skittles

Cheers

Gozgals

I believe IL uses DMV registration now in addition to voter's registration.

Snip from link in OP:

"Anna filed for Sal’s disqualification of service. However, the jury commissioner was unmoved and denied the request."

I would totally show up for jury duty with the cat in his carrier and would love to see the look on their faces when "Sal" is formally introduced.

Thanks for the laugh!

Well, it was not a summon to jury duty but 1 of my cats keeps getting samples of diapers and baby formula in the mail...

I have no idea how or why, because we started getting this stuff over a year ago (I am about 12 weeks pregnant now with out 1st and have NEVER signed up for samples), and have moved since then and we are still getting it.

Also, he doesn't even have a "human sounding" name...

So, I guess Fuzzlington will continue to get diapers in the mail... Hopefully he wont get called to jury duty. He is terribly biased. :cool:

Is this considered doing his civet duty? (Okay, that was bad...Even by my standards. )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back