Cat klepto steals toys for new baby

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Pepper, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Pepper

Pepper Former Member

This was in the March 17 issue of "People", and I can't find a link to the whole story or picture. But this cat had been a family pet for many years, and when the couple had their first child recently, the cat began bringing home stuffed toys for the baby - 9 at last count. The mother was so embarassed she put up posters offering to return the stolen loot, but no one contacted her.

2. Loading...

3. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

This one sure makes me smile! The cat is bringing presents! (I hope it stops at just the "stuffed" toys and doesn't decide a dead mouse would be appropriate as cats normally bring home to show off!!)

4. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

I just looked online and it's mentioned in the table of contents for the March 17 issue but I can't get it to link to anything. I really would've liked to see the photos! :)

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Awwwww, that really is sweet. Does anyone remember the cat that would steal gloves? The owner finally started putting them on her fence for people to find and claim. It was funny, her fence was so full.

6. golfmom

golfmom Former Member

Thank goodness the cat isn't bringing home dead mice. Our cat used to leave them as presents for us! ACK

7. Karole28

Karole28 Former Member

I'm gonna share this story with my lazy good-for-nothing cat.

8. mammasweets

mammasweets New Member

My cat used to bring me lizards, snakes and even a chipmunk still squeaking in its mouth. They are always alive and have a look of terror. I give the kitty a pat and free the poor things. When I had my baby he would sit next to me while I was nursing and lick his little head until it looked like I had combed his hair.

I lost him when all the tainted food was still swirling around. Animals amaze me. I miss my little (he was 16lbs) Leroy and his silly ways.

9. Fermi

Fermi New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. Fermi

Fermi New Member

Awww...I am so sorry to hear that you lost Leroy! What a sweet boy he was looking after your new baby by grooming him. :blowkiss: