Cat Who Had Been Missing for 11 Years Is Finally Reunited with His Owner in New York

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by imstilla.grandma, Aug 25, 2019.

1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Believer of Miracles

A woman was in for the surprise of a lifetime when her beloved cat who had been missing for over a decade turned up in New York this week.

Dutchess County SPCA staff member Carol O’Connell spent the last three years watching a stray cat roaming around her neighborhood, according to the Hyde Park animal rescue, who shared the amazing story on their Facebook page on Thursday.

Though the feline would come by her home from time to time, the DCSPCA said O’Connell never managed to get close enough to pet him — that is until recently.

“On a whim, she borrowed a scanner from the shelter and discovered the cat was micro-chipped,” the DCSPCA wrote on Facebook, adding that the chip allowed O’Connell to learn that the black and brown furry animal had a name and an owner.

But that wasn’t the most intriguing part of the story: Tiger, as he was called, had been missing from his mom Maggie Welz for a whopping 11 years!
    Cat Who Had Been Missing for 11 Years Is Finally Reunited with His Owner in New York

2. Nonvoco

Nonvoco New Member

:cool: I'm not crying, I swear. It's just an eyelash.

3. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks

sans_soleil, Indy Anna and Bohemian like this.
  4. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

Wow! I wonder if he took pictures along his journey. They have some CATching up to do! ;)

5. faerieskye

faerieskye Member

Man, I can't believe a cat could be so gone for so long. How lucky that owner is!

sans_soleil and Bohemian like this.