Catalog of Defense Blunders: Let us count the ways

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Bittiness39, Feb 11, 2011.

1. belle3

belle3 New Member

omg!! the best worstest one was baez stating in open court that his client was THE ONLY PERSON who had access to the car. Come on!!!!

2. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

Declaring indignantly and repeatedly that we don't know the WHOLE story, that there was a reasonable explanation for everything. Doing so while the poor baby still had not been found, which if true would have meant they were not gonna say despite the fact that it could find her. He threw that out to save himself (and ICA) in the moment, thinking everyone would forget he said that in time. Why try and throw any evidence out if there is a reasonable explanation for it all?

3. DaughterAlice

DaughterAlice ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but i

One blunder comes to mind, but the details escape me. Maybe someone here can fill in the details if I sketch it out??

Much earlier in the case, before the remains were found & there was some hope that Caylee was alive (very scant hope at best), there was someone from the defense team who indicated that she was deceased.

Sorry for my lack of precision. I want to say that it was someone in charge of public relations, NOT JB or any of the lawyers who have come & gone from this case. The infamous Todd Black, perhaps? I just can't remember.

I may not recall the details, but I recall the impact of it. It seemed apparent that the defense knew something already that the rest of us did not. I even seem to recall a lot of waffling after this event by the defense team.

4. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

Yes, I do recall that from TB, I do believe it was on the NG show...soon after, he was released from his duties...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

5. DaughterAlice

DaughterAlice ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but i

Now I'm curious to see where this fit into the chain of events. Might be a good one to add to the "November" thread??

Thanks for your clarification!!

6. CBTampa

CBTampa New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1UabEpAxzU[/ame]

Here it is.

7. Intermezzo

Intermezzo Well-Known Member

As we see in Baez's letter...He does not respond to the specific request made by Sheriff Beary which was

"In response to your offer to fully cooperate, I am requesting that you provide the circumstances and location Caylee Anthony was last seen. As you are aware, the previous statements provided by your client have been false and misleading.

" If you are willing to assist in this matter, please contact me at your earliest opportunity."

Nowhere in Baez's response letter does he address or respond to Beary's request.
    He only says..."I'll convey the message to my client and discuss it with her".
    And then he ends with his famous line ..."Give Me a Call"

8. nums24

nums24 Praying for Justice!

9. Intermezzo

Baez's Blunders

Not asking for a Speedy Trial

Not filing a Motion for a Gag Order

Fighting against the Prosecutions Motion for a Gag Order

Spending precious time looking to cast suspicion on innocent people instead of dealing with the evidence and discovery in front of him.

10. Intermezzo

Yes Ssejors,

11. Intermezzo

so true..
    Now they are dealing with the CHIEF

12. LCoastMom

LCoastMom JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING

This was the first blunder that came to my mind last night but I'm foggy on the details too and I just couldn't stand to look it up (but for you I did)!

Defense Spokesman Says Caylee Anthony is Dead

A spokesman for Casey Anthony’s defense team told CNN that her young daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony, is dead. Todd Black, attorney Jose Baez’s spokesman, was live on a phone interview on CNN Wednesday evening when he said, “It’s very difficult. This is a serious case involving not just the loss of the life of this little girl, but the loss of whatever is going to happen with Casey Anthony.”

And of course it was followed by:

Todd Black said defense attorney Jose Baez will hold a press conference at his Kissimmee office at 2 p.m. today.

http://kreuzer33.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/defense-spokesman-says-caylee-anthony-is-dead/

Excellent CNN clip at link, shows many classic ICA moments and the exchange.

Followed by Todd Black is Not His Real Name!

ETA: OOPS I see CBT beat me to it - same as above.

13. Intermezzo

And if I am not mistaken the majority of Gag Order Motions filed are filed by Defense attorneys in their effort to protect their clients rights....
    Am I right?

14. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

Baez stateing, it does no good for my client to show her hand...Now that she hasn't, she has him to thank for facing a DP conviction..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

15. shotgun09

shotgun09 'Certified' Boomer

During the time that ICA was being whisked away daily to JB's office, her not so subtle demeanor. (as in playing the sunglasses game with the driver Rob Dick, and speaking of her desire to be a celebrity guest with Howard Stern, and the helicopters following her). All clearly not the emotional display a frantic Mother who is searching for her missing daughter would show. All of which is transcribed in interviews with States witnesses.

The total lack of control of JB's 'client' and her non-remorseful, "excited to be a celebrity" appearance.

16. nums24

nums24 Praying for Justice!

17. Intermezzo

Thanks Nums,

There is a stark contrast in the tone and manner from this first letter dated July 21 to the next ones..

Baez went from, at least being professional in the first...to being evasive, condescending, attacking LE and feigning helpfulness... in the end offering nothing in order to help find Caylee.
    :twocents:

18. CarolinaMoon

CarolinaMoon Well-Known Member

To add to the list:

MISSING DEADLINES

This shows that he is not keeping in touch with his experts and using their expertiese to his and his client's benefit. It also shows a complete disrespect for the Court which is a big red flag that he is still trying to have a trial by ambush.

Mis-truths and half-truths in court filings

In his latest motion, he says that Simon Birch's inital response to the odor was that it was garbage.

He conveniently leaves out that his next response, upon opening the trunk, was that is wasn't garbage, rather more like the odor from a car he had on the lot which contained the remains of a man who comitted suicide.

Doesn't he think people such as Linda Drane Burdick and Jeff Ashton aren't going to remember the "real" facts?

Lack of money management

Let me count the ways.

19. Aedrys

Aedrys If justice doesn't get you, karma will.

ITfreakingA. I totally remember that, and I STILL can't get over that he said that. That just sealed her fate right there along with the duct tape. If this goes to court, I can't wait for her own lawyer's words to come back and bite her! That has to be stupiest thing he's ever said in this case.

20. LCoastMom

LCoastMom JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING

Yup, I'm thinking JAB didn't write the first letter - probably the most professional thing we've seen come out of that office in almost three years!

The second was all Jose, all the way!