Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect intended towards you or anyone, but I just want to make it clear that I'm not referring to your post. I'm referring to a post on the first page of this thread in which another poster took my post from the last thread and reposted here on this thread with the heading "back to that?. There was no need to repost it here if it was considered such a waste of space - and certainly no need to add the sarcasm. That IS a personal attack on poster in my opinion, but I allowed for the benefit of the doubt in my post about this.

I understand this. Personal attacks are not allowed. You can alert the admin to that post, that personally attacked you by hitting the orange and white triangle.

I'm a relatively new registered member, but have lurked here for awhile. I registered because I was incredibly impressed with the neutrality and professionalism this board tended to portray. While I have genuinely tried to watch what I post where (regarding which is the correct thread for said thought), it is becoming evident to me that anyone who brings up a subject that isn't interesting to the 'veterans' here, they are immediately jumped on and told to take it to another thread. Is this a friendly board where EVERYONE is welcome or not? Or is it more like "you're welcome here, but only if you mingle exclusively with the other newbies?"

mom - I don't think it's a newbies thing, so please don't take it that way. But I have to admit, I am frustrated, too. I have tried to post on separate threads and very few other people participate. Yet the topic is discussed on the general thread over and over.

I've been around for a long time on discussion boards and usually the mod will move posts that are off topic to the thread they belong on. I'm guessing this board (and the general thread, in particular) moves way too fast for the mods to do that.

Anything that is not already covered in the other threads on the forum can be posted on the General thread. If there is already a thread about it, then post the info in that thread, not the General discussion thread

You don't need to go through ALL the pages, just scan the Daily recap thread, and the General discussion thread before you post, because it may already have been covered.

With all due respect there are 54 discussion threads averaging 400 posts each (20,000 posts total) as well as 2+ pages of individual threads on the overall forum. Not everyone is spending 16 hours a day on here to review that volume of info, to formulate a thesis of where to put their post, question or comment. If I turn on FOX and they say helo's up and there is a search, the only thread I am going to is this one as this is where the conversation will be. If they say interview with Cindy after the break this is where it will be.

I watched that interview on Sunday morning when it aired live. George didn't say anything about "cleaning fluid" - that was a reporter's interpretation of what he did say, which was "Arm & Hammer laundry detergent."

We were posting at the time about whether Casey lifted that from the house when she took the gas cans, given how expensive detergent is!

Thanks for pointing that out, I specifically rewatched the video waiting for him to mention La Experimento and there was no cleaning fluid.
I wish the newscasters and journalists would get their info straight, don't they know we are already confused to the hilt?:crazy:

If there had been a body in that trunk from June 27 to July 15 it would smell so bad everyone would know. It would smell a block away and could not be hidden. JMHO
The body wouldn't have been in the trunk that long. There is a timeline of when Caylee disappeared up until Casey's father picked up the car.

The ENTIRE tests are going to fail because they didn't ask George what kind of pizza it was. :woohoo:

George said "cleaning fluid", now this covers Tide, Bleach, Spray and Wash, the in-home dry cleaning thingie.

Oh, they also have to run over something in the road while the Pizza is in the trunk! (insert sarcasm)

Now you all know why I don't like reading what "online" reporters are writing about!

And why on earth would there be a bag with old pizza tossed in the trunk ... not with just old pizza, but they happened to have the baking soda or whatever to add to the bag of old pizza tossed in the trunk and left for 15+ days? Nope. Just more BS from the kings and queens of BS.

Try again, George.

Take the abuse aspect out of the equation for a minute.

Leave in the 'secret' part. What if Casey is convinced she won't be prosecuted because she has something on someone who knows what she did, and that person would be afraid that if he or she dropped a dime on her that she would do the same?

I believe that is exactly her position, and why it is really important to find a body, or at least give the impression it's close.. Ive posted on that as subtley as I know how, but in short, that's how I think this will end up..
She had help moving the body, hopefully that person whose name starts with a J, will have hired a good attorney and has started the dialog re: immunity.

Everyone is welcome! I, personally, try to read all posts before starting to post, and when I can't hold back with a response, I note it because it will jump to the last page. I like the organization of the threads because it frees this board to discuss new developments, if any. Sometimes we get bogged down with "rehashing" the old, but some of it may prove to be relevant with what's being discussed. We are all gaining knowledge here. There are some discussions, though, that may be more relevant if placed on a different thread so as to discuss that aspect more in depth. Hence, the different threads. Yes, it is all a bit mind-boggling, but to date it has been very effective in giving everyone the opportunity to explore what they wish. JMHO

With all due respect there are 54 discussion threads averaging 400 posts each (20,000 posts total) as well as 2+ pages of individual threads on the overall forum. Not everyone is spending 16 hours a day on here to review that volume of info, to formulate a thesis of where to put their post, question or comment. If I turn on FOX and they say helo's up and there is a search, the only thread I am going to is this one as this is where the conversation will be. If they say interview with Cindy after the break this is where it will be.

Glad you put that into words for me...

With all due respect, then check the Daily recap thread. It lists all the new info we, LE, and news media has uncovered!

It is just so frustrating to have to read and reread things being posted 6 -10 different times by 10 different people, who post before they read! And it is a PITA to have to try and locate information, trying to scroll through tons of pages, where we keep rehashing the same info over and OVER and OVER and OVER!

One member starts with the a statement about DNA results of the father, this spins into Lee speaking about who told him, then it goes to the family of the father, then back to the father, and then looking for benefits of the father, to comparing pictures and it doesn't every end here.

If there was one thread titled for each person, relatives, etc., etc., it would clean up the board and make it so much easier for members just coming here to find stuff.

Maybe there should be a "General Discussion Thread" because so much info has been gathered and the other mini threads already have info in it.

I would like to see
Thread For All Phone Calls (jail, 911, etc., etc.)
Thread for All Gas Can Discussion
Thread For All Pizza
Thread For All Photos
Thread For Nancy Grace
Thread For OTR
THread For News Briefings
etc., etc., etc.

Some of them are there already but there are double and triple thread of the same stuff.

But we already have so many threads that it's getting way too difficult to navigate. There isn't anything hardly left that hasn't been discussed at this point! Until we have new news.
It would be so much simpler to have some main topic threads and a DAILY thread. Each day being 24 hours so we can have a general, rehash whatever discussion.

I understand this. Personal attacks are not allowed. You can alert the admin to that post, that personally attacked you by hitting the orange and white triangle.

Thank you for your response. The reason I even posted about that post was in hopes that I misinterpreted it and wouldn't have a reason to be upset or want to report anything. I sincerely appreciate your response.

mom - I don't think it's a newbies thing, so please don't take it that way. But I have to admit, I am frustrated, too. I have tried to post on separate threads and very few other people participate. Yet the topic is discussed on the general thread over and over.

I've been around for a long time on discussion boards and usually the mod will move posts that are off topic to the thread they belong on. I'm guessing this board (and the general thread, in particular) moves way too fast for the mods to do that.

Eliza - I think you are right. I can't even keep up with the reading.....

Also we have 200+ people posting on this thread. Everyone wants to be heard and responsed to, so going to the quieter thread, means less feedback.

I think it is a bit of a Catch 22 - but I also think we should all try to post in the appropriate thread so that we can keep track of what is going on.

Just my opinion,

Salem

Ladybass, quit harrassing members by complaining of duplicate threads. Not everyone has the time you do to go back and look for everything that may have been posted somewhere and count how many times they are posted. Sheesh, you complain about this day and nite. Skip over anything that doesn't interest you and please stop making other posters feel bad.

It was reported that an inmate said Casey told them that Cayle is with her ex. Which ex does she mean? A dead one or someone entirely different? It's relevant imo especially when nothing else useful comes out.

Also just because we are now hearing about the father doesn't mean that LE just started this avenue of investigation. When they said dna are back then it's just as possible this is the dna they meant.
IMO...I don't think so. Caylee is what takes precedence here. They will be looking to confirm that above and beyond anything else right now.

Ladybass, quit harrassing members by complaining of duplicate threads. Not everyone has the time you do to go back and look for everything that may have been posted somewhere and count how many times they are posted. Sheesh, you complain about this day and nite. Skip over anything that doesn't interest you and please stop making other posters feel bad.

I am not the only one complaining. And the mods have also stated that we should stay on topic. I am not saying to spend countless hours on the threads. I am simply stating that people should check the daily recap thread to see if we ahve heard about it already.

We have had a system here at Websleuths for several cases and it works!

With all due respect, then check the Daily recap thread. It lists all the new info we, LE, and news media has uncovered!

It is just so frustrating to have to read and reread things being posted 6 -10 different times by 10 different people, who post before they read! And it is a PITA to have to try and locate information, trying to scroll through tons of pages, where we keep rehashing the same info over and OVER and OVER and OVER!

Maybe if we could put some things to rest and they wouldn't be brought back up if the "new" info that came out actually matched the old info. If we weren't parsing lie against lie and a timeline that looks like swiss cheese. This case and it's threads would actually resemble other ones on websleuths. IMO this is impossible with the "case" in its current condition.

Maybe if we could put some things to rest and they wouldn't be brought back up if the "new" info that came out actually matched the old info. If we weren't parsing lie against lie and a timeline that looks like swiss cheese. This case and it's threads would actually resemble other ones on websleuths. IMO this is impossible with the "case" in its current condition.

This I agree with! But if we post in the appropriate threads, then its all there in plain site.

With all the lies, and mistruths in this case, it is actually more imperative to post in the appropriate threads, this way we have a clearer picture.

Maybe there shouldn't be a "General Discussion Thread" because so much info has been gathered and the other mini threads already have info in it.

I would like to see
Thread For All Phone Calls (jail, 911, etc., etc.)
Thread for All Gas Can Discussion
Thread For All Pizza
Thread For All Photos
Thread For Nancy Grace
Thread For OTR, FOX
THread For News Briefings
Thread For Lee
Thread for Cindy
Thread For George
Thread for Car (included smell, gas and distance)
Thread for Court (bonds, charges etc.)
etc., etc.

There are double and triple threads spread out of the same stuff plus hundreds of threads of the same under General Discussion.

If I had the ability to have that authority to move stuff, I would put it all in order.

The newest discussion on General Discussion right now would be the upcoming results of the investigation, Casey's appearance in court on the 21st, etc. etc.

OMG!!

Enough with the wrong thread stuff. It has been two pages going over what to post where, none of which belongs here. So you who are complaining about posting in the wrong thread are doing the same thing.

Ok, done. Hugs and kisses to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member