Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this over from the last thread because when I read it I got totally creeped out. Who here has read The Lovely Bones?

I've read that book...I loved it. In a sad way. It was well written.

Did she really convince anyone of that besides her family? Just wondering if someone had come forward talking about her "job".
That Clint guy on Greta last night said he thought she was leaving for work every day at the same time he was leaving for school.

Somewhere in the arrest affidavit is mentioned that she told Tony that Universal allowed her to work on the computer from "home" (his).

Whether people who knew her socially believed she was working, who can say? But why would anyone doubt her, if she maintained the facade of "going to work" every day?

I can certainly agree with you there...she had alot going on inside that head of hers.

Okay, this is a bit off topic but I'm getting confused with all these threads. Everytime a new topic is brought up, a new thread to discuss it is opened up. What exactly is a general discussion thread if not bouncing off the latest news, ideas etc..

I totally agree. Plus this case has so many topics, usually interwined, that discussion of one topic can usually lead to another. It's also unreasonable, given the nature of this case to expect every post to simply address one discrete aspect of the case. I don't know what the solution is, though and maybe there isn't a neat answer. This case is sprawling in scope, and attracting a large amount of interest.

For the question of how much decomposition would occur by the 17th or 24th

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/deathrow/series/story/318665-p2.html

Marks and his colleagues have devised a unit of measurement they call a "degree day." Twenty-four hours at 80 degrees equals one degree day. The outer layer of skin peels off at two degree days. Internal organs are liquefied at seven degree days or more. Limbs turn black at 14 degree days.

For the question of how much decomposition would occur by the 17th or 24th

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/deathrow/series/story/318665-p2.html

Marks and his colleagues have devised a unit of measurement they call a "degree day." Twenty-four hours at 80 degrees equals one degree day. The outer layer of skin peels off at two degree days. Internal organs are liquefied at seven degree days or more. Limbs turn black at 14 degree days.

So, if it were 80 degrees outside, the trunk had to be in the low 100's, yes or no? That would mean that in 24 hours, a body in the trunk could begin decomp. Also, do they consider age in that process? My understanding is that the elderly and the very young have thinner skin. Would that cause a faster rate of decomp?

So, if it were 80 degrees outside, the trunk had to be in the low 100's, yes or no? That would mean that in 24 hours, a body in the trunk could begin decomp. Also, do they consider age in that process? My understanding is that the elderly and the very young have thinner skin. Would that cause a faster rate of decomp?

From what I have seen it is the size of the body (that could apply to very young and elderly since they have less mass generally), which of course in this case is going to speed up the timeline as well.

From what I have seen it is the size of the body (that could apply to very young and elderly since they have less mass generally), which of course in this case is going to speed up the timeline as well.

Well, if the age does come into play in rate of decomp, then it is very possible for her body to begin breaking down within the first 24 hours. Plus, very soon after death the body does let go of bowels and bladder, which can also spead up the skin break down.

If George is telling the truth and there was no smell of decomp on the 24th, then Casey must have moved the body after that date. What did Casey do with the shovel on the 17th. This is bizarre. She may have put Caylee in three different locations.

I always maintained this...from the backyard, to a hiding place (via trunk). From "hiding place" into the trunk (decomposing) to final resting place.

I always felt that she didn't hide her well enough the first time which is why she went back for the shovel. either to bury her and abandoned it...or to cover her with more dirt

jmo

Casey is very capable of doing this on her own. Just look at all her lies of what she told everyone. Casey may have had it easy at her parent's house and took advantage of that situation to the max. But she clearly is more than capable of anything. Look how easy it is for Casey to tell these stories and lead LE all over Orlando, convincing LE and family and friends she had a job etc., etc.

ITA that she's capable of doing this on her own. When I think about all the lies has told over the years, I've got to believe that she keeps a lot of things to herself. The entire lie about having a job when she didn't - is a HUGE secret to keep from her parents, her friends, her brother. I guess I see her as very isolated from others. On the surface she may appear to be open and carefree, but it has to be really crowded up inside her head.

I can't imagine keeping all those secrets. She was not who she was pretending to be. She had "friends" but they weren't what most of us would consider real friends. They were wary of her lies and exaggerations, and since she was keeping up the lie of having a job and a sitter, her interactions with them were not honest and real. I don't feel sorry for her as she obviously created this situation for herself, but I've got to think that she was a very lonely person, and used to doing a lot of things by herself.

I think Casey's attempt at digging a grave in her parent's back yard was unsuccessful. She may have tried, but it was too big of a job so she gave up and went somewhere a little... easier.

Caylee could have died on the 16th, left in the trunk overnight until Casey could think straight of what to do, tried to bury her on the 17th, then take her to these woods/swamp near the home. The smell should be overwhelming within a few days. By that point, the body would have been there long enough for fluids to seep into the carpet... then made the flurry of calls on the 18th to see if anyone was home so she could go there to clean up the trunk. She wouldn't have done this at the b/f or bff's.. they would have asked what she was cleaning possibly.

I agree that Casey likely didn't actually bury Caylee at any point in the back yard. It would take a lot of really tough digging to accomplish that -- it's much more difficult to dig that size hole than one might imagine. The further into the ground you dig, the harder the earth is, too. Besides, surely LE would've noticed signs of the ground having been disturbed if she'd dug a spot large enough to contain Caylee's body.

I've been trying to understand and excuse the GPs because I'm so heartbroken for them, but I don't believe George's gas can stories at ALL. Well, I do believe he's truthful that Casey stole them (vs. his first story, that a neighbor took them), but I don't think she was there on the 24th at all. I think he may be trying to show that there was no bad odor or signs of Caylee having been in the trunk up to that point. IMO, he likely found those gas cans for the first time when he retrieved the car from the impound lot. That's why he hadn't ever called LE to report that the theft had been solved so they could close their case.

Why that specific date...that very specific time (down to the minute, practically)...I do not know. But this family knows more than we do, for sure, and there is a reason George changed his story. Likely the same reason Cindy changed her tune about whether they'd ever heard the sitter's name prior to July 15th. Both their "revisions" obviously serve some purpose or they wouldn't have made them public. Since it sure doesn't seem that either tale would aid in finding and saving Caylee, I have to believe they were devised to help Casey in some way.

Maybe Baez said to the GPs, "You know, LE has info about the 24th that doesn't help Casey. Are you SURE neither of you saw her or the car on that date, around say 2:30 or so?" Or "Too bad no one saw the car or Casey at any point after the first few days so that they could attest to the fact that there was no body and no decomp odor in the car at that time."

Who knows...but there has to be a reason for the fabrications (and for both of them, at least one of their stories simply can't be true). It has to in some way benefit Casey's defense. Either that, or possibly Casey told them if they say what she wants them to, she'll give more info. Sure can't think of any other reasons they'd knowingly be willing to publicly expose themselves as liars. Sure is baffling.

The cadavar dogs hit where Caylee was placed. In my timeline, I have Casey bringing Caylee in the backyard and putting her here and there in the backyard.

Caylee may have been underground for a short amount of time and then removed.

Again, June 24th has a lot of pieces missing.

I have to agree with you there, PattyG!

Don't you think that trunk would have been a mess? I mean there would be a lot more than one small spot of DNA that they found with the black light.

The Anthony's have been extremely quiet today and so has Lee. I don't think the visit today went well at all, and now I think we are facing the destruction of that family. It so just so freakin sad. Casey's selfishness has cost so much heartbreak. I hope she's pays for it with her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305