Caylee Is Not Findable - FACT?

I agree with TURBOTHINK-- alligators actually let larger prey rot because they have to break up their food by thrashing it around-- it's easier to break apart rotting carrion than freshly killed prey.

I might be getting carried away, but the posts about chicken pole traps gave me chills. Did we hear anything else about the submerged rope supposedly found on the bank in/near J Blanchard Park? Is it possible that Casey is so confident that Caylee won't be found because she (or an accomplice) WATCHED her body being fed to alligators? It makes me sick to think about-- but I do wonder why Caylee is supposedly "unfindable"-- is it possible that Casey knows her body is gone and this is why she felt confident enough to say "they haven't even found her clothes!"

Tim Miller's statement that he doesn't think Caylee will ever be found-- and his quick retreat from the search effort made me wonder if he had been tipped off that there is solid evidence that there is no body to be found-- maybe someone helped Casey with the disposal and that person told LE-- and then LE told Tim Miller not to search in vain?? I'm probably reaching, but I can't help but wonder what's going on... and thinking that something has to start making sense soon-- even if it's a horrible kind of sense.

I am thinking more on the lines that LE may have some evidence that suggests Casey dumped her or found something on her computer that eludes to the fact she may never be found.

I never said they would identy BONE. If there were any identifying marks on Caylee that were noticable, birthmark, etc. Perhaps any jewelry. Many families are called in for identification. I just finished reading Blood Brother on Laci Peterson and Sharon Rocha was called in to identify Laci prior to positive DNA testing.

No, but you did say "they would call in a family member for identification or check her dental records or do DNA testing. This would be done immediately, and the family would be notified."

Now, what I am saying is there very well may be nothing to identify but bones. If she were wearing clothes and jewelry or accessories, that is a different story. Since none of Caylee's clothes were reported missing, she very well may be unclothed to avoid identification. And 2 year olds don't have dental records.

I never said they would identy BONE. If there were any identifying marks on Caylee that were noticable, birthmark, etc. Perhaps any jewelry. Many families are called in for identification. I just finished reading Blood Brother on Laci Peterson and Sharon Rocha was called in to identify Laci prior to positive DNA testing.

Not to be graphic but if you remember Laci's head was missing. She identified her torso and the pants they recovered.

I'm not so sure about that. This case has become political and the DA and/or LE doesn't have to disclose anything to JB that is currently being tested or investigated. (and they can just say at the last minute before trial, "oh", we just came upon this).

It may have become political for the DA and/or LE but they do not have jurisdiction over a body that is found. the body is under the jurisdiction of the Medical Examiner's office. I have never heard of a case here or anywhere where LE or the DA kept the fact that remains had been found a secret from the family. They may wait for DNA before making a 'formal identification' but they are not going to hold up that ID for weeks and weeks just 'help' in a case. IF a body/remains had been found, they would have gone to the M.E.'s office for identification and autopsy (if feasible) to ascertain cause and manner of death. Once the identification was made, the M.E. then notifies the next of kin and LE. Perhaps they may ask LE to make the notification, but notification would be made as soon as identification was known.

Valrico: LE does not have Caylee. This isn't a game and had they found ANY body or portion of a body they would call in a family member for identification or check her dental records or do DNA testing. This would be done immediately, and the family would be notified.

Nedtham, I respect your opinion on this, my point is, LE is managing exposure to reasonable doubt. Dragging the "A"'s down to identify remains that are highly decomposed would, I believe, trigger them to media blitz the LE's wild goose chases emphasizing they still haven't proved she is dead..which if they DO prove later, they respond with " Is this one real or is it another guess"

That being said, they are gonna be DANG CERTAIN of what they have first.

The only way I see LE blowing this case is through reasonable doubt established by defense, as it's LE that has to prove "beyond a shadow of a doubt"..so I believe they are being careful with this.

A different perspective.

My 18 year old daughter was murdered. I didn't start an organization, or really do much of anything. The first 6 months alone it was an accomplishment for me to even barely function.

It has been almost 9 years now, and while I am doing much better, I am no where near over it, and never will be. I'm crying as I am writing this.

Last week I dreamed my daughter was not dead, that it had all been a mistake. I woke up disoriented, then I went to the bathroom. It wasn't until I got back into bed it really hit me, it was just a dream, my daughter really is gone. Devastating.

This post is not for sympathy, thanks, but no thanks. Tim Miller has suffered one of the worst tragedies a parent can go through. He chose to try to make something good come out of it, which is more than I can say I have done. This man carries the pain of the loss of his daughter, and I am sure a heavy burden of guilt for feeling he failed her, whether deserved or not. I have not seen any recognition on how hard it must be for him, having to deal with these hateful a$$ people after what he has been through. Yes, it has been pointed out his daughter was found after a year and a half. How about Tim Miller went for a year and a half agonizing over where his daughter was, and now he tries to help some people in a similar boat, save them some of the hell he has lived through, and it's like they don't care. They offer no help, no support, nothing. You think he doesn't lose sleep over this? I believe every time he has to deal with the A attitude, it tears him up inside. How can he understand why they are acting this way, he has LIVED this, and it is probably beyond anything he has ever seen.
I don't care. I think they tried. I have seen NOTHING for me to lose respect for Tim Miller, this is a man still grieving the loss of his precious child, and I give kudos he has been able to put up with the BS as long as he did.
Lanie

I had a thought. (yes, I know that is dangerous.)
Originally upon hearing about the borrowed shovel we all thought that casey borrowed it to bury Caylee or to break into the shed. Brian B has pretty much made it clear that if she buried something it was the cleanest digging session ever. Tony has made it clear that she didn't borrow it to break into the shed.
So I have come to my own personal conclusion that casey really did borrow the shovel to pry a root out of the ground. I know I have mentioned my sister here before, and her annoying similarities to casey, and I know from experience that when my sis is about to ask for money, she bends over backwards to do everything that she has been avoiding for weeks or months. I think that casey had probably been asked to go get the root and she didn't do it until she was gearing up to ask G and C for something.
I could be wrong, but I just can't see her using it for anything else. Child graves are small, but they still require a lot of work to dig.

Lanie a beautiful post written with great insight. Thank you for this. I imagine every time Tim goes out on a search he feels in a sense he is searching for his daughter all over again, there must be a tremendous push for him to keep going. I find what he is doing highly comendable and feel bad he has to deal with the A who have shown him little support or even respect.

I don't think LE has any remains, but just for the sake of argument... what if they've found something but don't have to reveal it to the family just yet because the entire family are *persons of interest*. Would that make a difference? If the family of the perp were also suspect? Just wondering...

Would you have to reveal findings to people who are considered, though not yet charged, as accessories after the fact?

Would you have to reveal findings to people who are being concidered accessories after the fact?

I feel the law is real specific about notifying the next of kin, upon postive ID, in this case KC, and would do so in the presence of her atty because she is being represented and even if they re-miranda'ed her before telling her, anything she blurted out would be comprimised...so they would want *advertiser censored* there too... upon confirmation of positive ID. They owe no notification to anyone else. They would hold a presser, Im sure...but not out of legal obligation.

As of the family and persons of interest, they usually (depending on how many accomplices they're looking at) put them under some sort of survellience in case they bolt or attempt to destroy evidence..

I think he's already bitten, but from a different poisoned apple. LOL. Please allow me just this one time to be this vague, and I promise as soon as I can when this trial is over, I will tell you what I meant and what I know.

Right now, I'd give up WS's and even my mother's watch, rather than risk tipping that contemptible moron off with what I've been told by an expert who knows. Trust me, you will love it.

For those of you who hate unsubstantiated innuedoes like this, please allow me just this one "Gimme." I won't ask for another. I promise. :blowkiss:
Now I'm intrigued, how about a hint, please?

I feel the law is real specific about notifying the next of kin, upon postive ID, in this case KC, and would do so in the presence of her atty because she is being represented and even if they re-miranda'ed her before telling her, anything she blurted out would be comprimised...so they would want *advertiser censored* there too... upon confirmation of positive ID. They owe no notification to anyone else. They would hold a presser, Im sure...but not out of legal obligation.

As of the family and persons of interest, they usually (depending on how many accomplices they're looking at) put them under some sort of survellience in case they bolt or attempt to destroy evidence..

Thanks for your response. I was confused, thinking that KC's family would get a head's up before she would. But it's possible this is no innocent family and the rules might be changed because of it. But no matter what their possible involvement or later charges coming down I see it doesn't matter - they all would have to be informed if remains were found asap.

I was a buyer/pa for a long time and shovels are not always just shovels. Go to google images and see how many type of shovels there are. Glad I don't have to do that anymore.

Shovels are different as to region. I had to buy snow shovels in Florida! (fish store across the street from the business)

This might be the wrong thread, but I am wondering if she didn't really search 'shovel' but in fact clicked the hyperlink within the Wikipedia site for whatever she was looking at, 'death' or 'household' weapons etc. Does that make sense? She may have thought it was taking her to some method but in fact it just took her to the definition of the word, 'shovel.'

It's been bugging me because this is no average family of an accused. Hmmm...

Thanks for your response. I was confused, thinking that KC's family would get a head's up before she would. But it's possible this is no innocent family and the rules might be changed because of it. But no matter what their possible involvement or later charges coming down I see it doesn't matter - they all would have to be informed if remains were found asap.

The laws are pretty specific on what LE must do with regard to discovery and notifications....personally, I feel LE has exceeded these, they have kept them in the loop, etc...

Remember Yuri's statement to Cindy....about LE not blabbing..that the docs released to defense are being requested by media under the law...that LE isnt talking and making allegations and statements...they really aren't being nasty, IMO.

The search for "shovel" could be done for many reasons. Perhaps she was interested in replacing one. Perhaps she wanted to know which shovel would be appropriate for certain soil types. Perhaps she wanted to figure out what evidence could be left on a shovel or inside the shovel hardware. As we know, shovels aren't conducive to fingerprinting and could be something she was studying after going to the household weapons and other sites.

The laws are pretty specific on what LE must do with regard to discovery and notifications....personally, I feel LE has exceeded these, they have kept them in the loop, etc...

Remember Yuri's statement to Cindy....about LE not blabbing..that the docs released to defense are being requested by media under the law...that LE isnt talking and making allegations and statements...they really aren't being nasty, IMO.

I agree. LE has been incredibly kind to this family all along - only to be spat on over and over. Ingrates.

The search for "shovel" could be done for many reasons. Perhaps she was interested in replacing one. Perhaps she wanted to know which shovel would be appropriate for certain soil types. Perhaps she wanted to figure out what evidence could be left on a shovel or inside the shovel hardware. As we know, shovels aren't conducive to fingerprinting and could be something she was studying after going to the household weapons and other sites.

It's a weird one. You'd think the search would've been shovel + soil, etc. KC certainly knew how to do a more specific search. The only reason to google shovel would be to purchase one, and even then you'd do shovel + orlando or shovel + home depot or whatever. It's really strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back