Caylee Marie REBORN doll Pulled from eBay

ITA, Ive had a couple of reborn dolls, and this dolls coloring is awful, and looks nothing like Caylee! Bad move on that doll artists part, I love dolls also, but I collect vintage dolls , I sold both my reborns for a fraction of what I paid for them, nearly $400.00 each!!!!!!! They are very exspensive

I went to a doll show in Orlando last month. I do not collect them I was curious. Some of these were absolutely beautiful and some were creepy.... I asked an artist why the difference and she explained it was how the paints were applied and the different techniques were used making the dolls. I am not a doll collector, but if I ever found one that made me go WOW I would buy in a heartbeat.

The one that is marketed as Caylee does look creepy to me...she does look blue to me..but if you looked at some of the others that are made you would truly adore them and appreciate the artistry. Doll collecting is an expensive hobby....

I watched a documentary on it once and I just felt really sorry for the women in it. The customers who were so broken hearted that they lived in a fantasy world with the doll as a replacement of the baby (or grandbaby) they had lost. It's just tragic. The first thing I thought and said to my husband though was "Oh YUCK they look like dead babies!" They are just THAT realistic. Certainly takes a good artist to evoke such strong feelings on both sides.

But hey, they're not hurting anybody so to each his own.

This however, is crossing the line. Why would this woman even do this? To me the eyes look A LOT like Caylee's. Along with the cheeks.

I watched a documentary on it once and I just felt really sorry for the women in it. The customers who were so broken hearted that they lived in a fantasy world with the doll as a replacement of the baby (or grandbaby) they had lost. It's just tragic. The first thing I thought and said to my husband though was "Oh YUCK they look like dead babies!" They are just THAT realistic. Certainly takes a good artist to evoke such strong feelings on both sides.

But hey, they're not hurting anybody so to each his own.

This however, is crossing the line. Why would this woman even do this? To me the eyes look A LOT like Caylee's. Along with the cheeks.

In the link in my above post, I spoke of that very documentary. It should not have even been done IMO, the women were very mentally ill. And the 'grandmum' didn't lose her grandbaby, the daughter moved away after she got married. That was the worst of all the cases.

Irregardless, this is just sick to earn money off of Caylee in any manner.

In the link in my above post, I spoke of that very documentary. It should not have even been done IMO, the women were very mentally ill. And the 'grandmum' didn't lose her grandbaby, the daughter moved away after she got married. That was the worst of all the cases.

Irregardless, this is just sick to earn money off of Caylee in any manner.

I agree. Very mentally ill indeed.

The doll maker had to of had a picture of Caylee to go by. She also planned to keep the money. Nobody will ever convince me differently.

Doll making is also very expensive. So it is doubtful anyone would of seen the money except for herself. I wonder how many others she has made of her? She proabably thought she hit the jackpot & lots of money to be made.

OT ..Is it just me or do Reborn dolls seem a little creepy? ... I watched a documentary about people that spend 1000's of dollars on clothing and gear for their RB dolls and some even take them out in public in strollers and transport them in car seats ... One person has b'day parties for her's and invites others with RB dolls to attend. Weird!

I could totally see CA buying this doll and losing whatever touch on reality that she has left!

OT ..Is it just me or do Reborn dolls seem a little creepy? ... I watched a documentary about people that spend 1000's of dollars on clothing and gear for their RB dolls and some even take them out in public in strollers and transport them in car seats ... One person has b'day parties for her's and invites others with RB dolls to attend. Weird!

I could totally see CA buying this doll and losing whatever touch on reality that she has left!

Okay, that's creepy!!

Taking them out in public???
In a stroller???
Throwing birthday parties???

All that I can say without getting into trouble is, wow .. :angel:

Okay, that's creepy!!

In a stroller???

Most of the DOLLS are not CREEPY...

What is creepy is the people who treat dolls as babies!!!!

YES taking a DOLL to a party or taking a doll out in a stroller where you know people are going to come up and say Awww isnt she / he lovely

What do these people say ?

Yes thank you shes my pride and joy ?

"you must be so proud" "how old is she""did you have a natural birth" (lol people do ask that question !! rude yes but still they ask it )

Wtf do they answer to that

Yes, I agree ..

The dolls are one thing but, to pretend they're real, is quite another thing altogether! :eek:

Okay, that's creepy!!

In a stroller???

I was on another board that did a thread on Reborns. There was one woman who was really into them and had a car seat in the back of her car. She left the Reborn in the carseat on a hot day and someone smashed her window to rescue her "baby". I chuckled at the replacement cost for her Lexus window. :bang:

I was on another board that did a thread on Reborns. There was one woman who was really into them and had a car seat in the back of her car. She left the Reborn in the carseat on a hot day and someone smashed her window to rescue her "baby". I chuckled at the replacement cost for her Lexus window. :bang:

***thud***

Now, I've heard everything!

A car seat???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What a kook!

PLEASE GO READ MY thread in the Parking Lot with respect to these dolls & the ANTHONY's. It is related!! I'm so mad right now.

OMG :eek:

Heh heh !

And Patty, seriously I think the emails are scare tactics and in no way shape or form is this doll endorsed from the family - Id lay money on it

***thud***

Now, I've heard everything!

A car seat???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What a kook!

No...that wasn't the ultimate. There was a woman who used to breast feed her Reborn.

**I swear on a big stack o' bibles I ain't lyin'"

Now, that, is sick!

OH COME ON !!!!! :eek:

I kid you not!

I can provide the forum if needed but believe me I couldn't make carp like that up!

Google "reborns" and you'll read all kinds of wacky things.

I kid you not!

I can provide the forum if needed but believe me I couldn't make carp like that up!

Google "reborns" and you'll read all kinds of wacky things.

Heavens above - what next - pretending to birth them ? perhaps ?

No...that wasn't the ultimate. There was a woman who used to breast feed her Reborn.

**I swear on a big stack o' bibles I ain't lyin'"

Now, that, is sick!

***thud***

Not even attempting to get back up this time ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back