CBS's Bob Simon, car accident, dead at 73

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by i.b.nora, Feb 11, 2015.

1. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

On CNN now, MSNBC moments ago.

2. Loading...

3. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

CBSNEWS February 11, 2015, 9:29 PM

CBS News correspondent Bob Simon, 1941-2015

NEW YORK -- Bob Simon, the longtime "60 Minutes" correspondent and legendary CBS News foreign reporter died suddenly tonight in a car accident in New York City.

The award-winning newsman was 73.

Simon's five-decade career took him through most major overseas conflicts spanning from the late 1960s to the present. He joined CBS News in 1967 as a New York-based reporter and assignment editor, covering campus unrest and inner city riots. Simon also worked in CBS News' Tel Aviv bureau from 1977-81, and worked in Washington D.C. as the network's State Department correspondent.

Much more...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-correspondent-bob-simon-1941-2015/

4. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Pictured: Cab driver who had his license suspended nine times before he crashed and killed Bob Simon
    Driver Reshad Abdul Fedahi, 44, also had two traffic convictions

Bob Simon, 73, was not wearing a seat belt when he was killed in a car crash on Wednesday on Manhattan's West Side Highway

After the catastrophic damage to the cab, investigators planned to interview the driver as they believe speed may have been a factor in crash

Fedahi's probationary license has been suspended pending outcome of investigation

Simon won 27 Emmys and was recipient of four Peabody Awards

He was held captive for six weeks while reporting on the first Iraq War

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-belt-deadly-horror-crash.html#ixzz3RZmVvqc7

5. Irisha

Irisha New Member

I would sue the ummm... beejeezs out of that company. How does a company hire someone who attempted suicide and has no use of his suicide arm to drive? Where's all the sane people? lol, on Websleuths:loveyou:

6. Wagara

Wagara Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...

So sad...I liked his demeanor. RIP Bob.

7. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member