CDPH Warns Not to Eat Certain Red Vines® Black Licorice Candy*

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.cdph.ca.gov/Pages/NR12-044.aspx

CDPH Warns Not to Eat Certain Red Vines® Black Licorice Candy*

Date: 8/22/2012*
Dr. Ron Chapman, director of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and state health officer, today warned consumers not to eat Red Vines® Black Licorice Twists candy, ‘Best Before’ 020413, after tests conducted by CDPH found the products contained levels of lead that exceeded the state’s standards. Consumers in possession of the candy should discard it immediately.

I just ate like 2 big bags of this.

Is it only the black? I have a few bags of the red ones...wondering if I should just toss...meh, I'll just toss. Better safe than sorry.

Best-
Herding Cats

This just in:

T4Tide warns not to eat licorice at all, of any color. Previous tests conducted by T4Tide have found that licorice contains an elevated level of tasteslikecrap, and does not meet the standards met by the consumer's taste buds.

:tongue:

I love licorice! I had just put it on my shopping list, then I read this. Well, carp. I guess I'll have to go into licorice detox!

is it red too? I love the cheap version, I hate twizzlers...and I did eat a bag a few days ago...thankfully my kids didn't have any!

I love the twist and peel red licorice! hope that is still safe!

I just ate three or four red Twizzlers last night. I guess I'm okay?

My husband loves black salted licorice.I'd rather eat a cat turd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back