Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

Discussion in 'Timothy Bosma' started by Shaky pi, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

was
    The Cannon

179 Ottawa St N, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Z4, Canada ‎ 14 km E

+1 289-700-0088 ‎
    Category: Waffle House

"Tasty, Detour coffee" -

2. Archangel7

Archangel7 Verified Law Enforcement

Great, thanks very much...I assume that Egg and I is in the small strip mall at the south east corner of Garner and Trinity?

And was there ever a Waffle house there or near?

3. VGL

VGL Member

There used to be a place called Jocko's at 1180 Wilson Street West that served pancakes but that place has been gone for close to 30 years.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=1180+...Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division,+Ontario+L0R&z=17

I also have a vague recollection of a Maple Leaf Pancake House on Brant Hwy 2/53 on the outskirts of Brantford.

4. VGL

VGL Member

5. Archangel7

Archangel7 Verified Law Enforcement

Thanks VGL...was the Maple Leaf one near a road or hiway 18?

I am following a lead on where the perps leaving Tim's home went and I keep coming up around Wilson and CR 18 which is East from 52/Trinity.

And that doesn't seem to fit in. Is there an old Waffle house location there in Ancaster?

6. Rob Ocelot

Rob Ocelot New Member

There's The Egg And I right at the intersection of 53 and Wilson, which is an all day breakfast/family restaurant type of place.

edit: now that I think about it, it isn't TEAI that you might be referring to.

There's a strip of Hwy 2/Wilson that stretches from Shaver Road until 53/Garner merges with Wilson. That area used to be a motel alley of sorts but most of it is gone now replaced by the Power Centre box mall buildings and the Toyota dealership near 53 and Wilson. One motor hotel remains across from what used to be Harley's Furniture before it was torn down for the Power Centre. I'll try and dig up some old photos of the area but if there was a waffle house type place there in the past it's a good bet it was close to the motor hotel strip.

7. VGL

VGL Member

Where is CR 18? I can't find it on the map. The Maple Leaf was well west of Trinity just outside of Brantford.

8. Lindsay7136

Lindsay7136 New Member

There's a Tim Horton's not too far from that intersection (Wilson & Garner). Not sure about Waffle House, but there's the Egg & I restaurant there too.

9. VGL

VGL Member

There was a pancake place there years ago called Jocko's. On the same triangular shaped piece of land where Tim Horton's is.

10. LoriMcA

LoriMcA Member

Yes...I use kijiji as well & I'm familiar with the "click here" feature in the top right corner... to reveal the phone # as well as the e-mail option :)

I recall as well that numerous people had seen the screen shots/ad itself WITH the #.
    I think what was confusing was, the initial reports were that it HAD been there...then the statement came out *from kijiji* that there wasn't personal info in the ad.

I know I don't put my # ''in" my ads either...I go for the 'hidden' option......

So there probably wasn't in this ad either *I'm assuming here*...not in the actual 'text' of the ad ...they are kind of working on the basis of a 'technicality' in this I think....*kijiji*...it's kind of....1/2 right....if you know what I mean? :)

11. Rob Ocelot

Rob Ocelot New Member

LE might be referring to the traffic camera that's at the corner of Trinity road and Hwy 2 (not far from TB's house). It is a left turn* onto Hwy 2 towards Brantford -- Trinity Road doesn't see very much traffic except when there's big events at the Ancaster Fairgrounds (which is on this corner) so two vehicles making left turns from Trinity in a short amount of time would be uncommon, if not unusual. If LE has other traffic camera footage of the two vehicles closer to Brantford then it would be a clear demonstration that the Yukon was a chase vehicle.

*I emphasized the left turn because there is a chance they hit a red light at that corner and had to wait, which would give the trailing Yukon enough time to be directly behind TB's truck. It's entirely possible the Yukon didn't follow closely right away so as not to spook TB early but then was able to get closer once they were away from TB's house. Keep in mind that it would be pretty difficult to communicate to another car if you weren't using cell phones (which would make TB suspicious) at 9:30 pm.

There's been some supposition that they turned right at Trinity and Hwy 2 and proceeded to the industrial park on Tradewind Drive given the (tenuous?) Kawasaki Robotics connection to MS. If that were the case and they dealt with TB there then they would likely have to cross the Trinity Road Hwy 2 intersection AGAIN (and get picked up by the cameras) to get to Brantford. The span of time given (~9:30-10:10) until the truck was supposedly spotted in Downtown Brantford doesn't jibe with them taking the back roads to get to Brantford -- you would have to go all the way back to Shaver Road (through another possible traffic camera at 53 and Wilson) and then head south and double back onto Book Road (which crosses Trinity). Doesn't make much sense, IMO.

12. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

In case you missed it, the day of the announcement for the second arrest, in the presser, LE announced they had narrowed the possible route taken to 3. I feel pretty confident in saying this comes from cell tower pinging.

Has a map been posted yet, for cell towers?

13. SnooperDuper

SnooperDuper Well-Known Member

Do you have a link re: narrowed the possible route taken to 3?

Canadian cell tower map

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Of course we do not know the cell phone provider for TB

14. PwrdByWoody

PwrdByWoody New Member

This google image shows the intersection. I believe the small building may housed a Donut Diner or somethin similar, currently the whole plaza appears to be deserted. As a local I toured through the area, there is some illegal dumping going on behind the plaza, and I assume the search parties had already searched the whole area.
    I too believe that the vehicle was overtaken while on Trinity Road.
    The local Tim Horton's is a Right Turn from Trinity, the Google map is inaccurate as the Timmie's has a new building, the one shown on Google is now empty. This is a heavy traffic area, with a large parking lot. Locals know there is always activity at a Timmie's regardless of the time of day/night. I do not believe the vehicles ever made it to Tim Horton's. Local word of mouth is that TB had called SB from the vehicle to inform he was driving the two males to Tim Horton's to meet up with their ride.

Attached Files:

15. SnooperDuper

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9497873&postcount=7"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9497873&postcount=7[/ame]

The "mile from home" is not likely to be accurate

16. Thinkzerz

Thinkzerz Well-Known Member

LE believes TB was killed early? I wonder if LE has video or something to confirm that considering he was burned?

17. SnooperDuper

Just watched the presser for the second arrest and there is NO mention of possible routes taken

http://new.livestream.com/joeycoleman-ca/events/2103111

18. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

I know exactly what you mean. I also think kijiji made themselves look less than honest when early reports of the same ad suddenly DIDN'T have his number showing (I didn't see those, just read a bunch of tweets about it) when the prior ones did - then came out denying it was through their site he was contacted. Hard to say really but it definitely raised a few eyebrows.

There's been a LOT of "no you see it, now you don't" going on with social media, MSM articles and details that were there, then suddenly gone. I suspect part of that is due to request of LE, part of it is horrified and humiliated family members and friends/associates, and part is some kind of damage control and distancing from anyone associated with this case. All pretty understandable I suppose.

19. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

Good point about the cell phone being turned off within a mile.

That sounds pretty darn quick and deliberate, doesn't it?

While we don't know if it was turned off immediately, during the first mile driven, we can assume that safely, I think.

Would there be fingerprints on the phone, left by the person turning it off?

20. Mscree

Mscree Member

Considering they said the phone was found but not by who there could be other prints on it and whose to say they are even usable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.