Cell Phone, Location and Mapping the Route

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a extraordinarily peculiar phrase! Is this code for something? I would venture to guess that, at any given moment, there are quite a few lost, abandoned or broken cel phones on the ground somewhere in Southern Ontario. Very odd imo.

Maybe because he didn't come back they all (friends/family) automatically assumed he might have gotten into a physical fight with them and in the process his phone dropped on the ground somewhere. Given the circumstances I think that might be a natural assumption on their part.

The first I heard mentioned of TB's phone being terminated was that it was at "Rymal / 52."
Rymal is also Wilson/Colborn IIRC.

It's many, many years since I lived in the Hamilton/Ancaster area so I'm unclear on certain directions, especially because then, as now, Rymal Rd is one that goes through several name changes along its route and Google maps isn't a huge help in this respect, so I'm wondering, is it at all possible that White Swan Rd figures in your vector?

Maybe because he didn't come back they all (friends/family) automatically assumed he might have gotten into a physical fight with them and in the process his phone dropped on the ground somewhere. Given the circumstances I think that might be a natural assumption on their part.

I wonder if it's something even more specific like it was an iPhone and family and/or LE was able to use "find my iPhone" or other tracking to determine the phone was off the grid and probably turned off. From there it's not as far a leap to "abductors turned off and ditched the phone to avoid tracking". That's happening a lot more lately as phones become more trackable at ever more granular levels. Example: Whitney Heichel's murderer tried to ditch the phone, it turned up within days. The criminals try to get the phones *away* from them as quickly as possible, hence they toss them out of the car and such. Jogger, kids, dog-walker finds it.

Tiki Loft was a waffle house many years ago.

It wasn't an iphone as the battery is not able to come out, more likely a blackberry, having dropped one a few times and the battery comes out.

The first I heard mentioned of TB's phone being terminated was that it was at "Rymal / 52."
Rymal is also Wilson/Colborn IIRC.

Cautions:
- it only turns up once in search on a woman's facebook
- it turns up repeatedly on websleuths because of this
- not mentioned by MSM or LE
- Rymal and 52 do not intersect

However
- that would be about where a cell tower that serves the area from Grimsby, east of the Hammer, to 6 Nations, SE of Brantford, would be

"Bosma had his cellphone on him, but it was turned off shortly after his disappearance. Because of the rural area’s poor reception, police were able to track its last ping — that is, the final signal from the phone that bounced off the nearest tower — only to within 50 kilometres.

“That goes into Grimsby, Six Nations … outside of our area,” homicide Detective Sergeant Matt Kavanagh said."

http://www.chfi.com/2013/05/10/heartbreaking-plea-from-missing-mans-wife/

So this could have been the sorta correct location of the cell tower, but not of TB

There are a few business down the road from TB on trinity that would have surveillance but I'm just speculating (between Wilson and book road, closer to Wilson on the west side). I live and work In the area.

I don't see how it's relevant though since we know they drove there likely in the trail vehicle

I don't live or work in the area but I know where the Tiki Loft is since we drive right by there all the time. Now this is all pure speculation - based on the most logical route (most logical to me, anyway) and it may or may not help in any way but here goes:

Based on what I've read, when TB left his house he told his wife they were headed down to the fair grounds for the test drive. Right down the road from their house.

Assuming they made it all the way down there, they would have then turned (at some point) onto Wilson which takes them down to Colborne where reports say the truck was seen. Somewhere in the vicinity of the Tiki Loft?

At this point, they would have headed north on Garden, then to the 403, then Paris rd, which takes them right to BGI graphics in the business park where LE have already confirmed TB's phone was found.

From there it would have been north/west then straight north up to Roseville Rd. in Ayr where TB's body was discovered.

This of course is based on google mapping the locations we all know about. I did save a screen shot of the locations tagged, if anyone wants to see it.

Cautions:
- it only turns up once in search on a woman's facebook
- it turns up repeatedly on websleuths because of this
- not mentioned by MSM or LE
- Rymal and 52 do not intersect

However
- that would be about where a cell tower that serves the area from Grimsby, east of the Hammer, to 6 Nations, SE of Brantford, would be

"Bosma had his cellphone on him, but it was turned off shortly after his disappearance. Because of the rural area’s poor reception, police were able to track its last ping — that is, the final signal from the phone that bounced off the nearest tower — only to within 50 kilometres.

“That goes into Grimsby, Six Nations … outside of our area,” homicide Detective Sergeant Matt Kavanagh said."

http://www.chfi.com/2013/05/10/heartbreaking-plea-from-missing-mans-wife/

So this could have been the sorta correct location of the cell tower, but not of TB

Maybe the person saying Rymal and 52 got confused and meant 52 & Wilson (since Rymal turns into Garner which turns into Wilson)

Maybe the person saying Rymal and 52 got confused and meant 52 & Wilson (since Rymal turns into Garner which turns into Wilson)

Probably...just it's important to remember this location does not have any precise meaning to the case

At this point, they would have headed north on Garden, then to the 403, then Paris rd, which takes them right to BGI graphics in the business park where LE have already confirmed TB's phone was found.

From my understanding, the phone was found in the business park somewhere near Fenridge Court. The former BGI Graphics building located near Paris, Ontario was then used as a command post.

http://www.brantnews.com/news/brant-opp-assist-hamilton-police-in-search/

I think CTV news was mistaken when they said that this is where the phone was found.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/police-have-made-an-arrest-in-the-tim-bosma-investigation-1.1275797

The phone was found on Fen Ridge Court on the 9th May, It is a dead end road with Proctor and Gamble Factory at the end of the Court, possibly someone going to work noticed the phone on the road?

The truck was seen downtown Brantford at 10.10pm so they didn't use the highway.

I don't live or work in the area but I know where the Tiki Loft is since we drive right by there all the time. Now this is all pure speculation - based on the most logical route (most logical to me, anyway) and it may or may not help in any way but here goes:

Based on what I've read, when TB left his house he told his wife they were headed down to the fair grounds for the test drive. Right down the road from their house.

Assuming they made it all the way down there, they would have then turned (at some point) onto Wilson which takes them down to Colborne where reports say the truck was seen. Somewhere in the vicinity of the Tiki Loft?

From there it would have been north/west then straight north up to Roseville Rd. in Ayr where TB's body was discovered.

This of course is based on google mapping the locations we all know about. I did save a screen shot of the locations tagged, if anyone wants to see it.

would love to see that OntarioMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel7
Other than Newone's confirmation, I don't remember the other source of them walking to Tim's.

Also for anyone local to that area....I need to know the location of an old Timmies or a an old Waffle House at or near Wilson-2 and Trinity-52.

Can anyone help or remembers the location when the building was a Waffle House?

Originally posted by newone
was
The Cannon

179 Ottawa St N, Hamilton, ON L8H 3Z4, Canada ‎ 14 km E

+1 289-700-0088 ‎
Category: Waffle House

"Tasty, Detour coffee" -

The Cannon on Ottawa street is nowhere in the vicinity of the area mentioned (Wilson and Trinity).

IMO don't think it could have been an iPhone, it was stated the battery was found separate fron the phone. iPhone batteries are so internal, can't see it falling apart.

For clarification, I only used an iPhone as an example because it's the phone I'm most familiar with in terms of its tracking capabilities. It is actually quite possible to remove the battery from an iPhone (I'll just ask people to google this before debating it rather than have the thread devolve into unnecessary technicalities) but I agree it's unlikely they did it in a moving truck.

I was going on the assumption there is an analog to "find my iPhone" for other cellphone manufacturers. i.e., they used something like Find my iPhone (or other LE-accessible tracking--I don't know how quickly cellphone providers comply with legal requests in cases like this) to determine the phone was turned off quickly. Once LE and family knows this, the "find Tim" ad mentioning looking for a phone makes more sense.

I did not mean to imply I knew what kind of phone he had, I was just following the chain of logic that could result in friends/family knowing very early on that the phone may have been ditched (hence the 'help us find Tim' kijijiji (or was it autotrader?) ad mentioning a "a phone on the ground").

would love to see that OntarioMom

Hope this works

attachment.php

Attachments

• BOSMACASE MAP.jpg
    BOSMACASE MAP.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 199
sorry PurpleBlue -- that's what I get for using google improperly mea culpa -

For clarification, I only used an iPhone as an example because it's the phone I'm most familiar with in terms of its tracking capabilities. It is actually quite possible to remove the battery from an iPhone (I'll just ask people to google this before debating it rather than have the thread devolve into unnecessary technicalities) but I agree it's unlikely they did it in a moving truck.

I was going on the assumption there is an analog to "find my iPhone" for other cellphone manufacturers. i.e., they used something like Find my iPhone (or other LE-accessible tracking--I don't know how quickly cellphone providers comply with legal requests in cases like this) to determine the phone was turned off quickly. Once LE and family knows this, the "find Tim" ad mentioning looking for a phone makes more sense.

I did not mean to imply I knew what kind of phone he had, I was just following the chain of logic that could result in friends/family knowing very early on that the phone may have been ditched.

My husband and I have trackers on our phones that only he and I have access to (I track his, he tracks mine - both can be tracked from a dashboard login on my desktop) for the sole purpose of never NOT knowing where the other one is, in case one of us goes missing. It might sound a little paranoid but we all know what kind of world we live in. At the very least, the last known location of our phone would be revealed. We have Samsung (android) phones are there are tons of apps for all kinds of phones that have similar apps. I highly recommend EVERYONE, parents, kids, even the dog, get them and make them accessible to family members.

My husband and I have trackers on our phones that only he and I have access to (I track his, he tracks mine - both can be tracked from a dashboard login on my desktop) for the sole purpose of never NOT knowing where the other one is, in case one of us goes missing. It might sound a little paranoid but we all know what kind of world we live in. At the very least, the last known location of our phone would be revealed. We have Samsung (android) phones are there are tons of apps for all kinds of phones that have similar apps. I highly recommend EVERYONE, parents, kids, even the dog, get them and make them accessible to family members.

Yeah, I am just about getting to this point of paranoia with my loved ones. :( Good advice.

As I was pinning locations on that map it hit me: DM and MS live in the GTA, directly EAST of the direction they took TB. If none of this was planned out, why would they head in the direction of DM's farm, after leaving TB's place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks