CFD EMT/Paramedic Report

Discussion in 'Rebecca Zahau Nalepa' started by Salem, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salem

Salem Former Member

http://www.maxshacknai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CFD_Report.pdf

This is the report of the Coronado Fire Dept. regarding their care when Max fell. The report clearly states that no CPR was performed prior to their arrival on the scene.

This seems to directly contradict previous information that RZ was giving "rescue breaths" at the time of the Paramedics/EMTs' arrival.

Salem

2. Loading...

3. time

time New Member

I hope it is ok to respond here. It appears to contradict the 911 call also where XZ states Rebecca is resuscitating Max while XZ is on the phone. I wondered if there were either earlier responders and they are saying those responders did not give CPR or if they they are claiming that CPR was not administered (chest compression, etc.) but that does not rule out life saving breaths - semantics, definitions?

4. Salem

Salem Former Member

I don't know..... but I can certainly see where the argument comes from now. It would have been helpful to have this document much, much earlier.

On another note - has the 911 call ever been released? Can it be obtained through the FIA?

Salem

5. *~Aimee~*

*~Aimee~* A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes

it says cpr stopped due to return of pulses.
    said heart rate (pulse) 96
    and BP of 124/76

I have not followed the case closely. I just saw "the heading of this thread" and it caught my attention as a RN.

6. time

time New Member

As far as I know, the Dr. Phil show was the first time t he public heard any of the tape (partial) and it is not available. According to the California Public Records Act, 911 calls have to be made public record, so could be requested. They do also, however, protect some info that is personal or medical.

7. K_Z

K_Z Verified Anesthetist

Page 2 of the Pre-Hospital Care Report states that author mcolley documents:

This indicates CPR/ ACLS was in progress during transport to Coronado Hospital. Paramedics were unable to intubate (establish an endotracheal airway)-- they placed a 5.5 ETT, then pulled it for improper positioning. Page one states they placed a NPA (nasopharyngeal airway-- a nasal tube to help with ventilation, and were using a bag-valve-mask ambu bag to ventilate, while maintaining spinal precautions.

The comments about the unsecured airway and the transport to the nearest facility say to me that the pediatric hospital would have been their choice of initial destination, but because of difficulties with airway management, and intraosseous access (2 tries-- second with adult needle due to no more pediatric equipment), they chose to go to the smaller community hospital first. That facility would not have planned to admit or keep a child with severe head trauma and cardiac arrest-- they were stopping there for help with stabilization, then planning to transfer to Rady. I'm sure docs at Coronado Hospital were in contact with Rady almost immediately, before Max even arrived at Coronado, planning the transfer, if Max were to arrive alive and stable enough to withstand the transfer to Rady.

8. iSleuth

iSleuth New Member

Hi Salem

Thank you for this link.

I have a question.
    Chief complaint? Cardiac Arrest prior to arrival.

Do we know what is that about? Also aside from facial injuries and chandelier all over the place- no obvious marks or injuries noted on neck torso etc..

9. *Lash*

*Lash* Justice 4 Rebecca

Coronado Fire Department EMS Report for Max Shacknai -

image_zps56b0e297.jpg image_zps227fb234.jpg image_zpsda5415f5.jpg

10. MissJ

MissJ New Member

CPR or no CPR is a non issue considering MS's condition following his fall. JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.