Charges to be filed on protesters - They have "organized"

Yep, the way to handle a protest is bring a gun outside and shoot 'em. I hope not.
If someone were invading my home you better believe I would defend. I don;t look at this as a protest but rather an invasion.

But, but there are special circumstances added for a person over a certain age in Florida, it doesn't matter how old the aggressor is.
She approached him, along with her daughter, George didn't seek her out. She went there for her 15 minutes, and got it IMO.

If someone were invading my home you better believe I would defend. I don;t look at this as a protest but rather an invasion.

Problem is - they did NOT invade the Anthony's home. I think that makes a big difference, but in this case, who knows.

Problem is - they did NOT invade the Anthony's home. I think that makes a big difference, but in this case, who knows.
I would certainly do what was available to me legally to keep anyone from invading my home, family or property.

I would certainly do what was available to me legally to keep anyone from invading my home, family or property.

When anyone's home gets INVADED, I think that would be justified. Until then, I don't believe advocating guns is a good idea.

My opinion only

When anyone's home gets INVADED, I think that would be justified. Until then, I don't believe advocating guns is a good idea.

My opinion only
I am proactive and if a mob mentaility is brewing outside my home, on or directly adjacent to my property and it is directed at my family, I am going to do them all a favor and let them know I am a licensed gun owner and not afraid to use it. That should hopefully keep them off my property and out of my home.
I'm not looking to shoot anyone, which is why, even though I am not obligated, I would let them know I have a deadly weapon.

id just have my cat or my husband go outside and fart .. that would keep them all away .. o.o ((hugs jbean)))

id just have my cat or my husband go outside and fart .. that would keep them all away .. o.o ((hugs jbean)))
OH now you are really crossing the line ! Talk about deadly!

I am proactive and if a mob mentaility is brewing outside my home, on or directly adjacent to my property and it is directed at my family, I am going to do them all a favor and let them know I am a licensed gun owner and not afraid to use it. That should hopefully keep them off my property and out of my home.
I'm not looking to shoot anyone, which is why, even though I am not obligated, I would let them know I have a deadly weapon.

Wouldn't it be better to call 911, like the Anthony's did? Wouldn't it also be better, like the Anthony's didn't, to stay inside like LE advised them too? Or, is it better to come on out and prove you have a gun and are ready to use it? Suppose someone in the crowd had a gun? I believe it's better to avoid violence if possible, but. . .to each their own, I guess.

Disclaimer: I am not an Anthony supporter, but...

I think it is good that charges have been filed against these particular protestors. Violence/vengance is not the answer.

Then it should go both ways. What about the protestors that were quietly sitting in their lawn chairs on PUBLIC property, not property owned by GA and he tossed all their stuff and verbally threatened to harm them? The Anthony's should have charges coming too imo. Not just a one way street. Screaming at someone and holding a hammer up high is very threatening gesture. Both ways or no charges at all.

Then it should go both ways. What about the protestors that were quietly sitting in their lawn chairs on PUBLIC property, not property owned by GA and he tossed all their stuff and verbally threatened to harm them? The Anthony's should have charges coming too imo. Not just a one way street. Screaming at someone and holding a hammer up high is very threatening gesture. Both ways or no charges at all.

:clap::clap::clap:

Wouldn't it be better to call 911, like the Anthony's did? Wouldn't it also be better, like the Anthony's didn't, to stay inside like LE advised them too? Or, is it better to come on out and prove you have a gun and are ready to use it? Suppose someone in the crowd had a gun? I believe it's better to avoid violence if possible, but. . .to each their own, I guess.
I totally agree that it is best to call 911. But at the same time, I will do what is necessary while I am waiting for LE to arrive. Moreover, in this case I wouldn't be sure how helpful LE was going to be or how quickly they would arrive based on the circumstances surrounding this whole ordeal. This was not your basic neighborhood dispute and we know that the Anthony's were not on the best terms with LE.
This situation escalated daily and I think taking a stand to protect ones family is honorable.
I do not support the protesters in this case on any level. They brought even more chaos to this innocent community and I do not think their intentions were honorable. jmho of course.

i can see both sides of this whole thing i see why they are protesting .. but i see why the anthonys go outside and fight with them .it reminds me of a circle the sides are never ending because in some ways they are both right and both wrong ..but if it got to be to that point.. my kid would just have to go to a safehouse ,for her protection and mine.. franky if i were ca and ga id be concerned that someone hasnt tried to shoot casey already through a window in that house or something .. Moo

The behavior of THOSE protesters was no less than despicable and they should face charges, imo...BUT, Lee and George are no better in that they pushed/shoved people (George) and destroyed the property of a VERY peaceful protester (Lee), and nearly hit protesters with careless/wreckless driving (Lee). They should have some charges leveled at them as well, if what is good for the goose is good for the gander...I know they are stressed out but I do think they should just avoid these people. IT is a MOB and it is best not to tangle with an angry MOB if you can avoid it. Just stay inside and wait on the police and IF they ty to enter your premises, come at them with GUNS BLAZING!

I totally agree that it is best to call 911. But at the same time, I will do what is necessary while I am waiting for LE to arrive. Moreover, in this case I wouldn't be sure how helpful LE was going to be or how quickly they would arrive based on the circumstances surrounding this whole ordeal. This was not your basic neighborhood dispute and we know that the Anthony's were not on the best terms with LE.
This situation escalated daily and I think taking a stand to protect ones family is honorable.
I do not support the protesters in this case on any level. They brought even more chaos to this innocent community and I do not think their intentions were honorable. jmho of course.
I found the entire protesting thing to be disgusting!

• Taking your children along with you (some in strollers I might add) to go protest was disgusting. Some were out there with their kids at midnight and later.
  • Taking your children with you up to the Anthony's door and pounding loudly and shouting with your children in tow was disgusting.
  • Coming from out of town just to get your shots in against someone more than twice your age for the camera crews to film was disgusting.
  • Driving up with your child with you and starting an altercation that gets your child's arm slammed in the car door was disgusting.
  • Deliberately approaching the Anthony's while they posted in stakes hoping for a reaction was disgusting.

I found the entire protesting thing to be disgusting!

• Taking your children along with you (some in strollers I might add) to go protest was disgusting. Some were out there with their kids at midnight and later.
  • Taking your children with you up to the Anthony's door and pounding loudly and shouting with your children in tow was disgusting.
  • Coming from out of town just to get your shots in against someone more than twice your age for the camera crews to film was disgusting.
  • Driving up with your child with you and starting an altercation that gets your child's arm slammed in the car door was disgusting.
  • Deliberately approaching the Anthony's while they posted in stakes hoping for a reaction was disgusting.

I agree...disgusting.

This is a lively debate/disagreement and not once, not once, has anyone involved threatened anyone with a rock, some change, a baseball bat or a protest sign (I am willing to overlook the poster who wanted to let her husband and/or cat use a form of tear gas on the protesters :) ) There hasn't even been any name calling from either side.

This is the difference between civilized debate (or peaceful protest) and a bunch of rowdy, idiotic and possibly drunk people facing off two angry, frustrated and very emotionally distraught people. This way, the WS way, is the one path we can only hope other people emulate as this case goes down the road towards trial.

I have never one time seen video of either George or Cindy threatening anyone with a hammer.

I have never one time seen video of either George or Cindy threatening anyone with a hammer.

You are absolutely right - I will go back and edit that out. I just got so used to seeing both G and C with hammers in their hands when talking to protesters, I put it in without thinking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back