Charity Distances Itself From Anthonys; Shoe Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just blows me away..... Cindy donates ONE pair of shoes out of all those zillions of shoes we saw in Caylee's closet and she thinks THAT is worth alerting the media?????

I agree with previous posters who said she should just donate them anonymously and keep quiet about it. Or buy a new pair and donate them in Caylee's name.

I think the charity is wonderful... and if she really wanted to do something to bring attention to the charity itself, why not work in their office, make phone calls soliciting donations of shoes and clothing, distribute event flyers on people's cars and front doors?

There are so many things she COULD have done for this worthwhile cause, but she decides donating a single pair of Caylee's shoes and emailing the media was the best way to handle it.

Really, Cindy???? REALLY?????

Sorry...something just came to mind that friends would say to me years ago....."what were you...drunk or high when you did that????".....OR....the other option "what are you...drunk or stupid??"...

(Just seems to fit with the logic/non logic of CA in this whole thing....)

What next? Will she alert the media when she drops her loose
change in the donation jar at Circle K?

Cindy is just trying to undo the damage she has done to her public image, thus secondary damage to ICA's case. Ironically, 'strategic' moves like this only reinforce her poor image. This woman just doesn't get it because of her obvious narcissistic personality disorder. She is so out of touch with reality.
Cindy, shhhh, stop. You are not a celebrity, nor will you ever be viewed as a charitable, selfless giver.. 'Hidden' (transparent) agendas are your hallmark.
Get some professional help. (and I don't mean another lawyer)

Caylee's grandmother, e-mailed Local 6 News on Tuesday saying she will give the shoes to the nonprofit group ChildrenOfLove.org, which serves less-fortunate children.

According to the group's mission statement, it emphasizes mentoring children who have been orphaned and need guidance.

"I will be attending this event on Saturday, donating some of Caylee's shoes. I think that this project is worth mentioning," Cindy Anthony said in a statement.

Can YOU find the 'transparent' hidden agenda? Don't have to look too hard. The real 'project' she finds worth mentioning is...
you guessed it..
it's all about Cindy.

BBM

You're wishing Cindy would have died?

Look, I fully believe Casey murdered Caylee like most of you do and I'm certainly no fan of Cindy, but no matter what was meant by the bolded statement, is it really necessary to go to that extreme?

No , i didn't mean that. What I was saying , I wish she could have walked i Caylees shoes to see how her last day was like. To experience it . You added the die part...Is it necessary to bash me for for your version?

Attention...Cindy is like a child that craves attention and nothing will stop her from getting it, not even Caylee. IMO Cindy is a wolf in poorly made sheep clothing. She's so transparent to me.

What next? Will she alert the media when she drops her loose
change in the donation jar at Circle K?
Haha. Yeah, she probably emails Holly Bristow when she's planning a trip to Publix to get the paparazzi moving so she can be photographed plunking a few quarters into the Jerry's Kids jar at the checkout (of course hiding 'anonymously' behind her big sunglasses and numerous Find Caylee buttons)

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24750620/detail.html

A pair of shoes that belonged to Caylee Anthony will be donated to help less-fortunate children, her grandmother said.

Cindy Anthony, Caylee's grandmother, e-mailed Local 6 News on Tuesday saying she will give the shoes to the nonprofit group ChildrenOfLove.org, which serves less-fortunate children.

According to the group's mission statement, it emphasizes mentoring children who have been orphaned and need guidance.

Just wanted to add the article so that people would be able to read Cindy's comment.

How narcissistic. And creepy.

Caylee had lots of nice things. I think giving some of those things to children in need would be good. I am not going to try to read motives into this action because giving something that means a lot to you (and I have no doubt that everything that belonged to Caylee is precious to Cindy) to the needy is to be commended. The end.

But why does the whole world have to know about it?

The headline of the article says "a pair" but if you read the whole article, it states she is donating "some" of Caylee's shoes. Not going to comment on motives or anything else, but did want to point that out.

"I will be attending this event on Saturday, donating some of Caylee's shoes. I think that this project is worth mentioning," Cindy Anthony said in a statement.

I just wonder how this all fits in with Brad seemingly abandoning ship. It didn't take her long to make a move.

I also just wanted to add that, even though my feelings for CA are that of....lets just say "far less than affectionate".....
IMO, this seems like a much better area for her to take part in....sans donating Caylee's own shoes, as I see it.

Maybe they should shy away from a "kid finders" "missing children" type of organization...definitely a bit ludicrous, being their daughter is accused of murdering their grand daughter.

Start a foundation in Caylee's name that is centered around helping poverty stricken families....right HERE, in the US of A !!!! Caylee was more than taken care of by her family...I think she didn't want for anything!! (Sorry...not meaning to offend, but I am of the belief that there exists such poverty in THIS country, sometimes we forget about that).
Used/new clothing...toys...school supplies....food, etc. Yes, these foundations already DO exist...but, so also does many other types of missing children organizations.

AGAIN....NOT donating items of Caylee's and sending emails to the media about it.
All just IMO...

Don't they already have a foundation already???????

I just don't understand why she needed to call the media in on this---that to me is silly and very inappropriate....

Hello WS :cool2:

A pair of shoes that belonged to Caylee Anthony will be donated to help less-fortunate children, her grandmother said.

One: the children that will receive those shoes are not "less fortunate" than Caylee(was).

Two: I thought, Cindy thought Caylee is alive? How can a person in denial, give away shoes that belong to their granddaughter that they believe is alive?

Third: I am really, really surprised all Cindy did was get media coverage for this stunt...I am surprised she didn't hold a "Caylee auction" to make money.

Last: I wonder how Casey feels about that? Is Cindy getting rid of all Caylee's stuff? Why?

...js...

The headline of the article says "a pair" but if you read the whole article, it states she is donating "some" of Caylee's shoes. Not going to comment on motives or anything else, but did want to point that out.

I reread this article a couple of times trying to find a way to make Cindy seem more generous, too. I couldn't find solace in the word "some" as that is defined as an unidentified number ~ It could be even only one.

To me, the amount of her gift is only a secondary factor in this event anyway. The major element, IMO, being her motivation to call public attention to her deed. I understand that she claims she wanted to make the public aware of this particular charity but there certainly are less self-aggrandizing way to do that. And I wonder, too, if this particular charity will benefit from an association with her and all the baggage she brings along with her. MOO

Oh my. How about quietly donating things to charity without any attention? How about going to the local bin and putting the clothes in? It would be very very hard to give away anything that belonged to her....I still have my daughter's first shoes and first glasses. I understand wanting to do a good deed but I don't think that is what this is about. If it were it would have been done anonymously.

They have run out of pic's and videos to sell so I look for them to start selling off Caylee's belongings at an auction or on Ebay. Could make them some money ya know. That seems to be what it is all about for them.

I wonder how many pairs of shoes Cindy gave away. She is probably hoping that the some show will hear and want them to come on their show to talk about it...after paying them a hefty little sum.

Oh Brad did you HAVE to leave? What little reins you had kept me sane. Now donating some shoes is a BIG DEAL? Oh my God if stuff like this is what we're going to start seeing from Cindy, it's going to be loooooooooooong wait for that trial...May 2011 can't get here fast enough!

I wonder if Casey is mad that her mother is now giving away Caylee's things? You can make this stop, Casey! I really really REALLY wish you would!

ITA: is there some way to contact this charity and warn them of the s***storm they're getting themselves into by associating with CA?

Hmmm, IMO this is a PR ploy of Cindy's to cast herself in a good and compassionate light ... There must be something(s) really damning in the recorded interview that we haven't heard ... I question the timing of this and discovery we haven't gotten yet

Also, I am suspicious of this organization ...
I can't find any info about Children of Love at Florida Department of State Division of Corporations
Even all of the Milstead's corporations, active and non-active, are listed on this government site

As I searched further, I found this about the org though at Faqs.org which states it bases it's info on public records ...

http://www.faqs.org/tax-exempt/FL/Children-Of-Love-Foundation.html

Not active since 2006
Last Taxes filed for tax period 12/2008

It list balance sheets from 2001 to 2006 only ... and by these yearly statements, it's easy to see that this is a pretty rinky dink org ... the highest Total receipts was about $70K for 2007

I found this about Children of Love:
http://www.taxexemptworld.com

CHILDREN OF LOVE FOUNDATION
Date of Latest return filed 12/2008
Douglas Grable (Officer/Director)
4921 Headlee Dr, Orlando, Fl (which just happens to be 4.6 miles from Hopespring Dr ... )

Going back and searching Sunbiz for Douglas Grable did however bring up

MILLENNIUM CHRISTIAN MINISTRY FOUNDATION, INC.
http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?action=DETFIL&inq_doc_number=N02000004641&inq_came_from=OFFBWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=R&ret_names_cor_number=478938&ret_cor_web_names_seq_number=&ret_names_name_ind=&ret_names_comp_name=&ret_names_filing_type=&ret_cor_web_princ_seq=0002&ret_princ_comp_name=GRABLEEDDIEJR&ret_princ_type=P

This organization came up when I was searching for the Children of Love org and now I can't find the link to where I read about MILLENNIUM ...

The biggest find was the number or non-profit and for profit organizations David L Grable is the officer of ... and a lot of them are very, very similar to ones the Milstead's have or had as far as types of businesses ...
I'll definitely go back when I have more time and check out these orgs ..

Oh Brad did you HAVE to leave? What little reins you had kept me sane. Now donating some shoes is a BIG DEAL? Oh my God if stuff like this is what we're going to start seeing from Cindy, it's going to be loooooooooooong wait for that trial...May 2011 can't get here fast enough!

I wonder if Casey is mad that her mother is now giving away Caylee's things? You can make this stop, Casey! I really really REALLY wish you would!

ITA: is there some way to contact this charity and warn them of the s***storm they're getting themselves into by associating with CA?

http://www.childrenoflove.org/contact-us

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24750620/detail.html

Cindy Anthony, Caylee's grandmother, e-mailed Local 6 News on Tuesday saying she will give the shoes to the nonprofit group ChildrenOfLove.org, which serves less-fortunate children.

snipped and BBM

Um, I am confused. Are the less fortunate children going to share the shoes? One pair of shoes is not exactly a shining example of a charitable, giving heart. I drop trunkloads of things off at the Goodwill several times a year. Never put out a press release about it though.

A Pair really caught my eye too. I don't get it. Why one pair of shoes and she is making a big deal of them and her giving. Pitiful.

I also give to the Good Will several times a year and I don't even want a receipt for the donation because it is a donation...not something I am hoping to get something from down the road.

I wouldn't see anything wrong with Cindy packing up most of Caylee's belongings with the exception of a few things that she plans to keep...and giving them to the Good Will. No one would know who they had belonged to and we know that Caylee didn't wear the clothing or shoes when she was dead. She had beautiful things and there are little girls that would be thrilled stiff to get some of them or even one article. This isn't going to happen of course and if it did Cindy would probably take out an ad in the paper telling one and all what a good thing she did..what Good Will store, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23