Charles David Carver - Deceased

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by tlcya, Nov 6, 2016.

1. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

Please discuss the specifics of the murder of Charlie Carver here.

2. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

<modsnip>

Btw.

The State allowed this 14 year convicted felon to own the same gun or guns that was used to kill Charlie.

So wouldn't they (his family) handle a civil suit against the state, <modsnip>

3. Steleheart

Steleheart WS Liaison Staff Member WS Liason

Can we discuss KB along with Charlie and how they went there together, etc or is that just for the known victims thread?

Or is KB, the survivor, off limits.

Confused.

4. tlcya

You can discuss KB in this thread insomuch as the couple appears to have arrived at the property together, it has been reported that Charlie was shot right in front of her, etc.

For discussion of the following two months and KB's captivity that should be kept in the KB abduction and Captivity thread.

5. Steleheart

Steleheart WS Liaison Staff Member WS Liason

I haven't seen that thread, so sorry!

6. tlcya

Earlier Saturday, Wright identified a body found Friday in a shallow grave on the property as that of Charles David Carver, 32.

Carver, B's boyfriend, died of multiple gunshot wounds to the upper extremities, said Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger, who ruled the death a homicide.

Wright said Kohlhepp has not yet been charged with Carver's death.

"We certainly wanted a different outcome than this," Wright said when he delivered the news alongside Clevenger Saturday night.

Clevenger said there was "no way to tell" who Carver was initially and that investigators are still working to determine how long he had been buried.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...lues-after-body-found-kohlhepp-land/93315404/

On Thursday, they found the woman, who had been chained in a container for two months. She told investigators that Kohlhepp shot and killed her boyfriend, Carver, in front of her.

"They're obviously heartbroken," Wright said after talking to Carver's family. "It's terrible. I do think this helps with a little bit of closure. ... We prayed for God to show us, and he did."

Carver died of multiple gunshot wounds. An anthropologist was helping determine how long Carver was buried, said Clevenger. He declined to say how many times Carver had been shot.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-charles-carver-found-20161105-story.html

7. LozDa

LozDa New Member

When the story first started to break about KB having been found, I could have sworn I read something that indicated that KB had said there were more bodies on the property and that they had been burnt.

I've not mentioned it because I've not seen it since and didn't know if it had been misreported at the time, or if I had just misunderstood information.

I wondered, given the time taken to identify CDC and the reasons given by LE as to why it had taken so long, is the possibility that the body was set on fire actually something that could be true and that it could have been reported but has been redacted from MSM for the time being?

I feel like I'm going a bit mad. Did anyone else see this having been reported or has my brain made it up?!

8. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

I just wanted to pay my respects to Charlie... rest in peace, Charles David Carver. :rose:

9. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I don't recall anything about her saying the bodies were burned. Sorry. I only remember the word "buried". Could it be you misunderstood a SC accent? The sheriff has a Southern drawl that can be hard to understand for those not from that area (I have had trouble figuring out a few words at times watching the pressers).

10. Gardener1850

[h=1]Charles David Carver &#8216;a hero&#8217; to his family[/h]

11. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

12. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

13. StarryNight

StarryNight Well-Known Member

I don't believe he was able to legally own guns. I recall reading a few articles that stated the guns he had were not purchased in a manner that would've required him to register them and show ownership. Meaning they weren't purchased by TK from an authorized dealer like a gun store or a pawn shop. He probably obtained them through "back door dealings" or a friend-to-friend type of deal. Here's an article about it: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/08/todd-kohlhepp-acquire-guns/93505174/

14. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

I am concerned I may be missing something... to date, TK has still only been charged with the 4 Superbike killings, correct?
    No murder charges for killing Charlie or Meagan or Johnny yet?

If so... what's up with that?

15. Gardener1850

Lieutenant Bobo said in yesterday's presser about Johnny and Megan that TK would eventually be charged but they are still compiling evidence and getting all their ducks in a row before charging him. He repeated a couple times there is no hurry to charge him because he is not going anywhere.

16. Gardener1850

17. Gardener1850

[h=1]Charles David Carver's family talks forgiveness as they plan memorial[/h]
    More at link: http://www.independentmail.com/stor...alks-forgiveness-they-plan-memorial/93882116/

18. Gardener1850

19. Jammyjo2000

Jammyjo2000 New Member

I wonder if KB will attend the funeral? Maybe they will have a special before hand time she will go pay her respects so as not to bring attention to herself with so many ppl present.

20. JaelynRae

JaelynRae Member