Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Determining whether a man lives or dies is a huge decision. Something that will weigh heavily on every juror for the rest of THEIR lives.

Imo, what will weigh the heaviest on each juror for the rest of THEIR lives is knowing the 4 murdered victims wound up in shattered pieces including two tiny little boys.

Imo

They may think DP is actually safer for him (sheltered from other inmates who may seek to harm him), plus they may think he has a better chance of getting the conviction overturned/retrial with DP rather than LWOP. I don't know, but today and his tone just seemed too weird for any on DT to think this is the way to appeal to the jurors to not get DP.
He seemed like a wounded puppy to me.
Devastated that he lost his case.
Started out fairly well then basically blamed it on the PT and the jurors for buying into what they presented.
He mentioned having lost them in his argument.They shut down. But said a few listened. My take is that some jurors listened and responded respectfully but didn't buy any of it.

Oh ok, now I understand.

What I meant by pissing off the jury is doing so if they're hoping for a death sentence. It seems to me like that's what they're wanting since they made no pleas asking otherwise. Idk, the entire thing was weird.
You lost me girl!Are you saying the DT is hoping for a death sentence?

You lost me girl!Are you saying the DT is hoping for a death sentence?
There won't ever be a true Death Sentence because California isn't ever going to reenact the death Penalty again.

But if he gets placed on pretend Death Row, he might be better off, strategically. He gets one automatic paid appeal, and he gets segregated, protected living quarters, as opposed to being a vulnerable target.

Last edited:
Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter
Jury has gone home. Will return at 8:30 tomorrow morning but will only be deliberating for an hour and half.

I wonder if that means they're close to a verdict? To come in at 8:30 on Friday? Hmmm. Maybe they're coming in that early to make sure everyone that needs to be there will have time to get there. Then they can be done with it. Wouldn't that be nice.

MOO

I wonder if that means they're close to a verdict? To come in at 8:30 on Friday? Hmmm. Maybe they're coming in that early to make sure everyone that needs to be there will have time to get there. Then they can be done with it. Wouldn't that be nice.

MOO
That would make sense. I am sure they are ready to be done with it. I can't imagine them coming in on a Friday for an hour and a half deliberation, if they knew they were many hours away from a consensus.

MOO
It's Friday. They probably want to leave early to avoid Friday traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23