Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in. No verdict yet? I honestly thought they would have had one last week.

I was thinking about it last night and either way is okay with me. If he doesn’t get the DP, he won’t have the extra appeals those people get.

Dontknow? from tweet said:
#McStay: Jurors start Day 3 deliberations at 9:37 am to determine death penalty or life without the possibility of parole. Day 1: 11:50am-3:53 pm (1.5 hr lunch right after start). Day 2: 8:36am-9:48am. Total hrs so far: 2 hrs 32 min, give or take a few min.

My calculations come to 3 hours & about 10 minutes....
and so far for today - 2 hours.

So since a split jury = LWOP this hints to me that it’s a close vote for the DP. If it was a 6-6 vote I don’t think they would bother spending another day. Jury rooms are not fun places. IMO.

So since a split jury = LWOP this hints to me that it’s a close vote for the DP. If it was a 6-6 vote I don’t think they would bother spending another day. Jury rooms are not fun places. IMO.

Never mind. I see what you are saying now.

Last edited:
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 1m1 minute ago
#McStay - Jurors have reached a verdict after 4.5 hours of deliberations. It will be read at 3:45pm PT. We will not be able to bring it to you live but I will tweet it out and we will have it on our Youtube channel later this evening.

Thank goodness!!!

I feel they were pretty much on the same page from the beginning, but didnt want it to seem like it was too quick.

I think they are going to recommend death.

I know many wanted LWOP, but to me this is the only just verdict that fits the crimes.

Of course I could be wrong too.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads