Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bessie said she will leave this thread open... even though we are over 1,200 posts here.... maybe she'll come by and give us a new thread. :)

I think a few of them will. I would if I had been on this jury.
Oh, TG!
Things still run through my mind that just need a release , such as ........
I expect a whopper of an appeals case cuz that’s how this team rolls . With that in mind I have questions .
Looking at JD Creighten’s interview posted earlier,I noticed something about the jailhouse visit video for the first time .Creighten quoted part of what CM told CJ
“'Raj (defense attorney Maline) went over stuff about you ... wanted me to tell you about what to remember ... We need you to remember it! That's the only way we can get a picture to the jury.'"

I missed the part about Raj telling CM to tell CJ. Since they could only talk while being recorded , wouldn’t the attorney realize the risk ?
Did he know CM would try to circumvent being recorded?
Will CM throw his attorney under the bus?

Defense attorneys repeatedly tell their clients not to talk about their case in the visiting booth or in phone calls with friends or family, but many do it anyway thinking they are talking in code or somehow circumventing the system, only to have it bite them in the butt at trial as we saw here. There is therefore no way imo that RM asked CM to coach a witness. I would geuss CM was warned umpteen times by various defense team members NOT to do it.

She's obviously very biased and pro defense. Reason #1,395.2 why I quit L&C.

Hi there Cabo!

I really try hard to take any tweeter at face value, but CR was one of the worst biased tweeters I've read.

She really tried to mislead her followers from the beginning by mostly tweeting only the side of the defense.

She has some nerve to talk about the prosecution when both of CMs defense attorneys were as unethical as they come. Gah!

I wish we had been able to follow JDC from the very beginning, but somehow the tweets put up for us to follow for so long were CRs.

If she had just tweeted without biases either way there wouldn't have been that many who believed the state hadn't proved their case, imo.

If she had tweeted fairly instead of with total biases we would have known all along the state was doing a good job proving their case.

Most of the time many courtroom tweeters comment often about the jury.

Yet I think they were mentioned one or two times through a 6 months trial.

One, iirc, was to talk about the jury laughing with each other as they said goodbye for the day. Imo. The only reason that was even tweeted was to make sure they criticized the jurors, and to imply they really weren't all that concerned that much about seeing justice done.

Oh, and the other one about how the jurors were standing right by CM when looking at his death wagon. Imo. That was tweeted to imply the jury liked him, and were on his side. Just a bunch of biased bull crap.

I will never follow any tweets putout by anyone connected to L&C again. Imo, every one of them take the defense side omitting most of what the prosecutor even presented.

Imo, they purposefully try to greatly mislead their followers by substituting the actual facts with only their talking head pro defense biased opinions.

If I had only listen to them instead of watching the testimony for myself, I would have thought I was following a completely different trial.

No wonder others get so confused, and think the defense side is ruling the day, and beating the state like a drum if they listen to these always pro defense yappers.

I refuse to let any of them tell me how I should think about anything.

So far I can do my own thinking just fine, and come to my own conclusions based on actual witness testimony.

It's quite scary though for it seems many just seem to take all of these TH opinions as facts without ever getting the true facts for themselves.

That is why so many other countries are able to brainwash all of their citizens into thinking the propaganda is the truth when it's truly the furthest from the truth as it can get.

I will never understand why anyone would just believe something because a TH tells they are to do so, and never really seem to care about searching for the facts or truth about any subject they are interested in.

Imo, it comes across as many have become too lazy, and allow themselves to be spoon fed propaganda instead.

Imo, That's dangerous because it can breed ignorance by never caring to search for the truth.

Imoo

Last edited:
L&C is ridiculous...they are similar to online trolls in my opinion...just trying to get some attention. Pisshaw...
At least they're consistent. Would you believe they were queuing up yesterday to complain about the prosecution's cross-examination of Wesley Mathews. Defendants' advocates through and through.

Does anyone know why CM went through 5 (at least) different lawyers? He seemed like he kept firing them. I'm sure the lawyers thought it would be rather easy to win, giving that the evidence was mostly circumstantial. I know at least for a time CM was going to be his own lawyer.

LOL again at Law & Crime. This time they had a special guest in - attorney Terri Austin - to discuss the penalty verdict. They're stumped because of the eligibility for the DP in California in murders for financial gain. Obviously neither of them watched the trial, to find out what special circumstance was put forward in this case, so I don't know why they continue to waste their time and misdirect their viewers. They seem to have carved out their very own campaign against the prosecution and the jury.

Why didn't they just take the time to watch the jury instructions? Multiple murders was the special circumstance found true by the jury.

They are THE WORST IMO.

Does anyone know why CM went through 5 (at least) different lawyers? He seemed like he kept firing them. I'm sure the lawyers thought it would be rather easy to win, giving that the evidence was mostly circumstantial. I know at least for a time CM was going to be his own lawyer.
Who pays for those lawyers? They can't be pd's?

L&C is ridiculous...they are similar to online trolls in my opinion...just trying to get some attention. Pisshaw...

The one thing they have come in handy for is verdict alerts. I wish someone else would set up a similar system so I could use that instead.

She's obviously very biased and pro defense. Reason #1,395.2 why I quit L&C.

Dare I say that Nancy Grace is at least victim friendly? It seems that L&C are going for a controversial tactic to get attention from viewers--negative or not. Much like the usual few WS members on every thread,who post against the stream, and ignore evidence to arouse emotions and responses.

Hopefully L&C will realize that this tactic isn't working out too well for them. jmo

Dare I say that Nancy Grace is at least victim friendly? It seems that L&C are going for a controversial tactic to get attention from viewers--negative or not. Much like the usual few WS members on every thread,who post against the stream, and ignore evidence to arouse emotions and responses.

Hopefully L&C will realize that this tactic isn't working out too well for them. jmo
They aren’t too swift when it comes to realizing what their viewership wants, so I doubt they’ll realize anything. There’s a few posters on Twitter who are diehard Merritt fans. They are blaming everyone from the judge to the unscrupulous prosecutors to the jury for Merritt’s circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288