GUILTY Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissJames

MissJames a yellowflutterby changed my life : )

Oh, TG!
    Things still run through my mind that just need a release , such as ........
    I expect a whopper of an appeals case cuz that’s how this team rolls . With that in mind I have questions .
    Looking at JD Creighten’s interview posted earlier,I noticed something about the jailhouse visit video for the first time .Creighten quoted part of what CM told CJ
    “'Raj (defense attorney Maline) went over stuff about you ... wanted me to tell you about what to remember ... We need you to remember it! That's the only way we can get a picture to the jury.'"

I missed the part about Raj telling CM to tell CJ. Since they could only talk while being recorded , wouldn’t the attorney realize the risk ?
    Did he know CM would try to circumvent being recorded?
    Will CM throw his attorney under the bus?

tmar, Dontknow?, minusfour and 5 others like this.
  2. Longtimenoc

Longtimenoc Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Merritt hasnt fired them but he's getting new attorneys anyway. He looked furious rather than shocked at the verdict and after going through what, 5 attorneys already Im sure he blames them for the verdicts.

3. McMonk1

McMonk1 New Member

Defense attorneys repeatedly tell their clients not to talk about their case in the visiting booth or in phone calls with friends or family, but many do it anyway thinking they are talking in code or somehow circumventing the system, only to have it bite them in the butt at trial as we saw here. There is therefore no way imo that RM asked CM to coach a witness. I would geuss CM was warned umpteen times by various defense team members NOT to do it.

tmar, Bernina, jennapuppy and 7 others like this.
  4. My3Sons

My3Sons Well-Known Member

You have GOT to be kidding me

@cathyrusson: #McStay Trial - OPINION: Prosecutors Displayed a Serious Lack of Professio... youtu.be/G5FspYBfOvg

Cathy Russon on Twitter

tmar, Bernina, jennapuppy and 7 others like this.
  5. la2cabo

la2cabo Well-Known Member

She's obviously very biased and pro defense. Reason #1,395.2 why I quit L&C.

TheRaven, Mony Mony, Bernina and 14 others like this.
  6. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Hi there Cabo!

I really try hard to take any tweeter at face value, but CR was one of the worst biased tweeters I've read.

She really tried to mislead her followers from the beginning by mostly tweeting only the side of the defense.

She has some nerve to talk about the prosecution when both of CMs defense attorneys were as unethical as they come. Gah!

I wish we had been able to follow JDC from the very beginning, but somehow the tweets put up for us to follow for so long were CRs.

If she had just tweeted without biases either way there wouldn't have been that many who believed the state hadn't proved their case, imo.

If she had tweeted fairly instead of with total biases we would have known all along the state was doing a good job proving their case.

Most of the time many courtroom tweeters comment often about the jury.

Yet I think they were mentioned one or two times through a 6 months trial.

One, iirc, was to talk about the jury laughing with each other as they said goodbye for the day. Imo. The only reason that was even tweeted was to make sure they criticized the jurors, and to imply they really weren't all that concerned that much about seeing justice done.

Oh, and the other one about how the jurors were standing right by CM when looking at his death wagon. Imo. That was tweeted to imply the jury liked him, and were on his side. Just a bunch of biased bull crap.

I will never follow any tweets putout by anyone connected to L&C again. Imo, every one of them take the defense side omitting most of what the prosecutor even presented.

Imo, they purposefully try to greatly mislead their followers by substituting the actual facts with only their talking head pro defense biased opinions.

If I had only listen to them instead of watching the testimony for myself, I would have thought I was following a completely different trial.

No wonder others get so confused, and think the defense side is ruling the day, and beating the state like a drum if they listen to these always pro defense yappers.

I refuse to let any of them tell me how I should think about anything.

So far I can do my own thinking just fine, and come to my own conclusions based on actual witness testimony.

It's quite scary though for it seems many just seem to take all of these TH opinions as facts without ever getting the true facts for themselves.

That is why so many other countries are able to brainwash all of their citizens into thinking the propaganda is the truth when it's truly the furthest from the truth as it can get.

I will never understand why anyone would just believe something because a TH tells they are to do so, and never really seem to care about searching for the facts or truth about any subject they are interested in.

Imo, it comes across as many have become too lazy, and allow themselves to be spoon fed propaganda instead.

Imo, That's dangerous because it can breed ignorance by never caring to search for the truth.

Imoo

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  7. MrsPC

MrsPC Well-Known Member

L&C is ridiculous...they are similar to online trolls in my opinion...just trying to get some attention. Pisshaw...

Dontknow?, Bernina, Edmo and 8 others like this.
  8. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

At least they're consistent. Would you believe they were queuing up yesterday to complain about the prosecution's cross-examination of Wesley Mathews. Defendants' advocates through and through.

Dontknow?, Bernina, Edmo and 3 others like this.
  9. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

So once again they were taking up for another vile baby killer?

Imoo

Bernina, Edmo, Niner and 2 others like this.
  10. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Yes. Saying the prosecutor crossed the line, too aggressive, defense should have objected, shouldn't have "put him on the stand", blah blah.

Dontknow?, Bernina, Edmo and 3 others like this.
  11. rachelratz

rachelratz New Member

Does anyone know why CM went through 5 (at least) different lawyers? He seemed like he kept firing them. I'm sure the lawyers thought it would be rather easy to win, giving that the evidence was mostly circumstantial. I know at least for a time CM was going to be his own lawyer.

tmar, Dontknow?, Longtimenoc and 2 others like this.
  12. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

How can you be too aggressive with someone who stuffs their 3 yr old's body in a trash bag and dumps her in a rat hole at 3 am?

MrsPC, Funky funky, Edmo and 10 others like this.
  13. Chelly

Chelly Remember Teghan Skiba

Agree. Much has changed for Cathy since she joined L&C. Not the same victim advocate from days past.

14. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

They are THE WORST IMO.

tmar, Bernina, Frankie Hellis and 7 others like this.
  15. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

Agreed. IMO, she is a numskull. So done with the whole lot.

tmar, Bernina, oceanblueeyes and 3 others like this.
  16. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Who pays for those lawyers? They can't be pd's?

17. la2cabo

la2cabo Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the wonderful State of California gets to foot the bill for the defense team and their string of "expert" witnesses. You are so welcome, Merritt. o_Oo_O

tmar, Niner, Bernina and 8 others like this.
  18. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

The one thing they have come in handy for is verdict alerts. I wish someone else would set up a similar system so I could use that instead.

byo and MrsPC like this.
  19. casesensitive

casesensitive Well-Known Member

Dare I say that Nancy Grace is at least victim friendly? It seems that L&C are going for a controversial tactic to get attention from viewers--negative or not. Much like the usual few WS members on every thread,who post against the stream, and ignore evidence to arouse emotions and responses.

Hopefully L&C will realize that this tactic isn't working out too well for them. jmo

wary, oceanblueeyes, Niner and 6 others like this.
  20. Frankie Hellis

Frankie Hellis Well-Known Member

They aren’t too swift when it comes to realizing what their viewership wants, so I doubt they’ll realize anything. There’s a few posters on Twitter who are diehard Merritt fans. They are blaming everyone from the judge to the unscrupulous prosecutors to the jury for Merritt’s circumstances.

byo, oceanblueeyes, Niner and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.