Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. They thought about it, they really thought about it. As a former San Bernardinian, I must say the confidence I felt in the jury here was not misplaced. First Guilty on all four counts, with the special circumstance. Now DP times 3 and one LWOP.

I don't believe the jury thought Joey's life was any less valuable than that of his wife and children. I think that they would have spared CM's life for the one atrocious, greed-filled act, but that the rest of the family with whom he did not have a business relationship were true innocents.

He has to be sent to Death Row now and even if it's overturned on appeals or by virtue of politics, he's not walking out of prison ever.
Agree. This was a thoughtful jury. Even on the heels of being insulted by Maline's death penalty argument. I give them so much credit for hanging in so long and staying focused. They have spoken. And,I believe them. Peace to the McStays and Arandas. Your long nightmare has at least been eased by justice being served.

He will NEVER eat at McDonald's, go grocery shopping or doing daily mundane things EVER again. He will live on a concrete floor, surrounded by 3 brick walls and a cage. EXACTLY the punishment he deserves, IMO.

With the little contact he may have with Officers, I bet he will try to con them, in ways to help his pitiful existence.
This is just in his horrid nature, doing it most of his life.

I am impressed with the jury's verdicts. It is so difficult to prove first degree murder and I agree with their verdict of LWOP re JM. But they knew that anyone killed other than JM was premeditated. I think the judge will go with the jury recommendation for the three DP's and rule DP.

I can't stand the fact that we have to wait another 3 months for the judge's decision. Obviously I haven't learned patience throughout this trial.

Last edited:
The YEARS, months and days this trial took has FINALLY ended today. The jurors, IMO, got it 100% right with guilty/death for CM. CM will NEVER prey upon the public EVER again. His life is over as we know it and he will ALWAYS have to look over his shoulder, even in prison, for killing the MS Family. I'm SO glad that the dirtbike rider was out and about that day, even though he discovered one of the baby's remains. Without him, we would NOT be here today.

CM deserves what he got and much more, IMO. I hope the remainder of the victim's families can find some type of closure KNOWING the KILLER has been caught, convicted AND sentenced to DEATH. RIP JM SM GM & JMjr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer