Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

Small suit does not like to lose.
He's redundant now anyway. New lawyers will take over. It's not good for business, having a lost death-penalty case on one's CV. He has to make out it happened through a very unfortunate triad of crooked prosecutors/law enforcement, biased judge and gullible jury. He knows with the gymnastics he had to perform on the defense case that Merritt is indeed guilty.

I sincerely hope I will never have to listen to his thoroughly dishonest drivel again.

MOO

I'm beginning to think Maline was paid on a per motion filed system with a big fat bonus attached to any that were not denied.

CM has to go through an "evaluation" process before he goes to Death Row. I don't know Cali DOC, but it usually runs 30, 45, or 60 days for the evaluation.
CM no doubt is on suicide watch as of now.
I looked it up and Scott Peterson was shipped off the day after sentencing. Hopefully Merritt is deprived of his own family sooner rather than later. Fair is fair.

I'm sort of new to this case. I can't for the life of my find where people believe the McStays were murdered? Or how Merritt was able to I presume restrain all four of them and kill them when it seemed like he used a sledge hammer. I'm guessing he could have used a gun. I watched the closing statements and the prosecutor mentioned they don't need to prove where the family was murdered for conviction but I'm wondering about theories.

Thanks for any theories offered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back