Chase Merritt SENTENCED TO DEATH for murder of McStay Family POST TRIAL THOUGHTS

Are we even going to get the San Quentin mug pics though? Wouldn't it be on that screen shot above (CDRC Inmate Locator)? Scott Peterson doesn't have a pic on there either.
When I did the search I marked the box to request a mug shot so I'm assuming they aren't available. I'll try again in a few days after he gets settled into his new forever home.

Agree, and it was great following this Trial with all of you, and terrific that the McStay families received justice for their loved ones, and that CM is where he belongs and will soon be moved to his new abode.
I will miss it too but will check in for any further updates.
Ditto, and me too.

Sarah Taylor Jarvis: The Lost Testimony

On March 13th, 2019—Sarah Taylor Jarvis started her testimony.

The morning session containing her original direct and cross examination was unfortunately never uploaded by L&C citing the following reason: "NOTE: Day 29 Part 1 had errors in the audio and was not usable".

Because this is relatively significant testimony, I have obtained transcripts from our very talented McStay Family Murder Trial main court reporter.

This is very interesting testimony and fills in a lot of the gaps some may have going straight into her afternoon testimony and skipping the morning testimony. It contains relevant information about Merritt's alibi, Taylor's childhood and her siblings, the clubhouse, Sarah's view of her father's relationship with Joseph, talking through the glass and a great opening cross examination by Melissa Rodriquez.

Should you want to read her original direct and cross examination, please feel free to download the original, certified transcript from here: Sara Jarvis AM - Merritt trial 03-13-19.pdf

We don't know that the blood would have to have been left behind long enough for forensic to find it. If Summer and then kids were killed in the bathroom it could have been easily cleaned up.

And because the house was being painted and remodelled, there were tarps all over. He may have killed them on a tarp?

I've even wondered if he put some type of bag over their heads to contain blood spatter. I have read about other cases where the murderers have done that before.

The location where it happened has never been something I needed to know. We have seen many cases over the years where victims were taken from the murder location, and the original murder site was never known.

It really doesnt matter where he killed all four. We know BARD he murdered all four, and disposed of all four in the desert.

In the end, no matter what CM, and his defense opined the prosecutor's case had an overwhelming amount of evidence in it. Judge Smith laid out many pieces of monumental evidence in his ruling not to dismiss the case.

I'm sure JS rest easier at night knowing he sent CM to death row preventing him from ever hurting anyone ever again.

I think it profoundly affects even seasoned judges, and DAs anytime they are involved in cases involving sweet innocent children. This one was especially heinous since CMs weapon of choice was a sledgehammer.

Imo, the jury knew only the worst of the worst has the capability to use a gruesome foreboding weapon to crush the skulls of any victim, but especially against two little defenseless boys.

He killed them one by one until there were none just like he planned to do. :(

Jmho

Inmate Name MERRITT, CHARLES RAY
CDCR Number BL4162
Age 62
Admission Date 01/30/2020
Current Location San Quentin State Prison
Location Link Directions
Parole Eligible Date (Month/Year) CONDEMNED
Parole Eligible Date Information
The inmate shown above is serving a death sentence and is, therefore, not eligible for parole consideration.

https://inmatelocator.cdcr.ca.gov/Details.aspx?ID=BL4162

I like the bolded part Parole Eligible Date (Month/Date)Condemned!

MOO!

The morning session containing her original direct and cross examination was unfortunately never uploaded by L&C citing the following reason: "NOTE: Day 29 Part 1 had errors in the audio and was not usable".

Because this is relatively significant testimony, I have obtained transcripts from our very talented McStay Family Murder Trial main court reporter.

This is very interesting testimony and fills in a lot of the gaps some may have going straight into her afternoon testimony and skipping the morning testimony. It contains relevant information about Merritt's alibi, Taylor's childhood and her siblings, the clubhouse, Sarah's view of her father's relationship with Joseph, talking through the glass and a great opening cross examination by Melissa Rodriquez.

Should you want to read her original direct and cross examination, please feel free to download the original, certified transcript from here: Sara Jarvis AM - Merritt trial 03-13-19.pdf
I used to have some respect for Taylor but after reading this it's clear she's just as much of a liar as her dad and other family members.

Thank you for doing that mothwings.

Not using the jail phone because it was greasy, that's a good one :rolleyes: Long explanations to answer a yes or no question.

I'm still wondering if their documentary is ever going to air.

Many thanks for providing this. I will read it.

Mothwings, thanks for posting. Only on page 11, but I can feel my face getting flushed from anger. And the red flags went up way before. Lying for papa.

On another note, I can hear Maline's, Rodriguez's, the judge's, and everyone else's voice as I read the transcript.

Thank you for doing that mothwings.

Not using the jail phone because it was greasy, that's a good one :rolleyes: Long explanations to answer a yes or no question.

I'm still wondering if their documentary is ever going to air.

Did anyone else notice director playing with his camera controller during the penalty phase closing argument? Right behind Magee.
I think it will still come out. But it appears the director is on CM's side.

14i2kl.png

Are the trial transcripts available now? As much as I tried to follow the trial as it was happening it was very difficult being that the days and times were never consistent and I’m in the uk so all the action happens at night. Would love to read them if it’s possible.

Are the trial transcripts available now? As much as I tried to follow the trial as it was happening it was very difficult being that the days and times were never consistent and I’m in the uk so all the action happens at night. Would love to read them if it’s possible.

Did the pretrial transcripts get posted online? I had to buy mine from the court reporter.

The day Juanita Merritt testified, Sgt. Ryan Smith got called and got cut off by some error in recording when there was actually decent amount of testimony left. I uploaded this and Taylor's missing testimony above if you want to read it. It talks about how Sgt. Ryan Smith asked Juanita if Bennett had ever mentioned giving Chase a ride back from the border.

R Smith PM - Merritt trial - 2-28-19.pdf

Does anyone else still watch the trial? I think it's fascinating and now somewhat cathartic considering the verdict. I am sure it happened at the graves and that Merritt had help—likely one of his siblings. I found it strange Bennett did not start showing up until after the verdict. I believe he was the one shouting "he's innocent! Love you bro!" at Merritt's arraignment. Also, I recall a posting on cuttingthebs (website about McStay murders) about Bennett either being convicted of or once charged with or possibly questioned about a rape (it was a long time ago and I can't find it on cuttingthebs because an invitation is needed). IMO, he would be more likely to rape Summer.

These were such BRUTAL murders and no one had any idea for years the horror that had befallen them. I am so happy that they were found and I believe the main perpetrator behind the murder has been brought to justice but I do believe he went to the McStay home with someone else that night.

Okay, I am about to call to CDCR. Where is Merritt's Sanny mug?

Does anyone else still watch the trial? I think it's fascinating and now somewhat cathartic considering the verdict. I am sure it happened at the graves and that Merritt had help—likely one of his siblings. I found it strange Bennett did not start showing up until after the verdict. I believe he was the one shouting "he's innocent! Love you bro!" at Merritt's arraignment. Also, I recall a posting on cuttingthebs (website about McStay murders) about Bennett either being convicted of or once charged with or possibly questioned about a rape (it was a long time ago and I can't find it on cuttingthebs because an invitation is needed). IMO, he would be more likely to rape Summer.

These were such BRUTAL murders and no one had any idea for years the horror that had befallen them. I am so happy that they were found and I believe the main perpetrator behind the murder has been brought to justice but I do believe he went to the McStay home with someone else that night.

Okay, I am about to call to CDCR. Where is Merritt's Sanny mug?
Read about the arrest of a suspect in the HillSide Strangler case.

I think this will help you with what you thought:

Clipping from Valley News - Newspapers.com

Read about the arrest of a suspect in the HillSide Strangler case.

I think this will help you with what you thought:

Clipping from Valley News - Newspapers.com

Yes, that's what I was looking for. I found on another newspaper article that it was his sister's clothes. Regardless, Bennett is a scary individual and if CM had help, I think it would likely be him.

I'd like to see a documentary where they interview various people who knew Chase Merritt through the decades. I'm not talking about the people in the bars who saw him play pool or dance to country music a few times. I'd like to hear from people who actually interacted with him. Any ex girlfriends he wasn't able to brainwash, roommates, co-workers, employees, work supervisors, any people he ripped off or otherwise rubbed the wrong way. Would it be that difficult to locate and talk to these people?

I'd like to see a documentary where they interview various people who knew Chase Merritt through the decades. I'm not talking about the people in the bars who saw him play pool or dance to country music a few times. I'd like to hear from people who actually interacted with him. Any ex girlfriends he wasn't able to brainwash, roommates, co-workers, employees, work supervisors, any people he ripped off or otherwise rubbed the wrong way. Would it be that difficult to locate and talk to these people?
All good. For now I am waiting for his mug shot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back