Cheat on your spouse in michigan and spend life in prison?

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Autumn2004, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Autumn2004

Autumn2004 Inactive

2. Loading...

3. Becba

Becba Former Member

As much as my cheating ex has upset me I would not send him to prison. Now a night in jail might teach him to keep it in his pocket.:p

4. Shazza

Shazza Former Member

If we lived in Michigan my husband would be in jail.

5. Boyz_Mum

Boyz_Mum New Member

The county we live in (Michigan) had to build a new jail because of overcrowding, I am not exactly sure where on earth the "adulterer jail" would fit in? In reading the article I wonder if in the case of spousal abuse, could the judge extend a sentance if a person were to abuse their spouse AND commit adultery? (The article kind of left me confused?)

6. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

This is BEYOND ridiculous and the initial statute should be re-written - even the Judges said that.

7. IrishMist

IrishMist You can't control the wind - but you can adjust yo

Apparently, it's also illegal to live with your significant other! Guess we have more than one law that needs to be revisited [​IMG]

This case is about politics. As a Michigan resident and taxpayer, I'd prefer to see my money go elsewhere; some of the things that matter more to regular people. Like outrageous bank fees. Or we'll-take-your-first-born cell phone contracts.

And, Becba, you are a bigger woman than I... I would have had my ex thrown in prison in a New York minute!! [​IMG][​IMG]