FL FL - Chelsea Rohn, 16, Matthew Brumbaugh ,21, Middleburg , 24 April 2007

shadowizar

Reaction score
UNSOLVED: The murder of Chelsea Rohn & Matthew Brumbaugh

b1a236c7-ed23-4419-855c-bffed096d62d_1140x641.jpg

I used to live in that subdivision though it was years before this happened. I didn't know either of them but it's a quiet town and when something this bad happens you take notice. Not much local news about the case, hoping to bring some new eyes on the murders.

Sounds like a drug deal gone bad. Maybe the girl was just in the wrong place/time.

UNSOLVED: The murder of Chelsea Rohn & Matthew Brumbaugh | firstcoastnews.com

It was April 24, 2007, Chelsea Rohn was just 16-years-old, Matt Brumbaugh only 21. They lived at 1723 Jean Court in Middleburg with one other roommate. It was sometime between midnight and 2:30 a.m. when their lives ended.

"Someone was either inside their home waiting on them or got to the home when they were there and shot both of them," Detective Rob Schoonover, a Clay County Sheriff's Officer, said. He is re-investigating this cold case.

Both victims were shot in the head at close range, Chelsea was found near the door and Matt by an opened safe. Schoonover said there were drugs being sold from the house at the time.

That new technology is called ‘Vacuum Metal Deposition’ and it’s a powerful fingerprint detection method that can be used on evidence that is up to two decades old. Investigators have shell casings and evidence from the scene that is set to be tested.

Chelsea Rohn 16 and Matthew brumbaugh 21 | Murder Victims.com

On April 24th 2007, Two of my best friends were murdered. Shot only once in both of them at point blank range. Its been almost a year, and there is still nothing in this case, After doing Americas most wanted and several News segments, This case remains unsolved. Chelsea was 16 and Married, a piece of the case that to many makes it what it is, How ever, For many parents you do what you can to keep your child safe, this was all that chelseas mother could do to keep her near her and keep an eye on her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back