UID Victim: "Cherries", Mamaroneck, Blk/Hisp, 605UFNY, found Mar 2007

<snip>
Authorities said the victim is a Hispanic or light skinned black woman, approximately 5' 10", weighing 180 to 200 pounds.

<snip>

Here's what we know:
The black suitcase manufactured by InGear, model Protege, is sold exclusively at Wal-Mart. A reddish colored, blood-soaked camisole packed with the torso had a Spanish-only label. Also included in the suitcase was a pair of purple Champion sweatpants and a tan longsleeved t-shirt, manufactured by Voice. The torso was also wearing a bluish colored bra. A tattoo of two cherries was located just above the right breast of the woman's torso.
Police also found small scraps of paper tucked away in the crevaces of the suitcase. When pieced together, it looks like a calendar with the Spanish word "cinco" and the phrase "begin to live."

tattoo.jpg

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=44311

This case is going to be shown on America's Most Wanted this saturday at 9p.m.

REspectfully,
dark_shadows

This caught my eye because a family member (safe and well) has the same tattoo. The tattoo looks fairly new due to the coloring being vivid still. I would guess the woman was either young or the tattoo was within the past couple of years.
We need some way of notices being sent to tatto artist about unidentified people. I am sure they would recognise their work or at least look over their records for that kind of tattoo.

This caught my eye because a family member (safe and well) has the same tattoo. The tattoo looks fairly new due to the coloring being vivid still. I would guess the woman was either young or the tattoo was within the past couple of years.
We need some way of notices being sent to tatto artist about unidentified people. I am sure they would recognise their work or at least look over their records for that kind of tattoo.
Sadly that is a generic looking tattoo, there are similar versions on the walls of tattoo shops all across the nation.
If you're gonna get a tattoo - go for an original one that someone will remember.
Tattoo artists generally detroy the stencil for original tattoo.
My tattoos are original - hopefully they would be useful if (God forbid) my body had to be identified.

I have both the cherry tattoo and peach tattoo ladies on my myspace page. Someone on here (can't remember who, sorry) did a pic with both side by side that I was using as my default pic. I have worked on these cases for many hours. I hope that they are identified soon.

I just hope this woman's family know about her tattoo. She may not have told them to avoid arguments.

605UFNY.jpg
605UFNY2.jpg
605UFNY3.jpg

605UFNY5.jpg
605UFNY1.jpg

top l to r: cherries tattoo on right breast, tag inside suitcase pchsd at Wal-mart, pants
bottom l to r: tunic, red camisole

Westchester County, NY

3 March, 2007

Mamaroneck Beach - stabbed torso in suitcase

27 March, 2007

Cold Spring Harbor shore - right foot/leg

28 March, 2007

Shore of James Dolan&#8217;s Oyster Bay estate. - left foot/leg (LI Press)

Note: Doe Network states last two dates as March 21-22, 2007

Black/Hispanic Female
35-50 yrs old
5'7"-6'1", 180-200 pounds
Est. date of death - end of February 2007

Large woman with a tiny tattoo of two red cherries on a green stem above her right breast. Pink toenail polish.

Clothing: Gray Champion sweat pants, a tan or cream-colored Voice long-sleeved shirt, and a red camisole bearing labels in Spanish.

On March 3, 2007, a suitcase washed ashore at Harbor Island Park containing the torso of a woman. The torso had stab wounds.

About three weeks later on March 21st, a leg was found off Cold Spring Harbor.

A day later, on March 22nd, another leg was found off Cove Neck along Nassau County's Gold Coast. Each leg had pink toenail polish on some toes. DNA confirmed the legs and torso belonged to the same woman.

The dark blue or black suitcase is sold exclusively at Wal-Mart. Police also found small scraps of paper tucked away in the [sic] crevaces of the suitcase. When pieced together, it looks like a calendar with the Spanish word "cinco" and the phrase "begin to live."

Since the torso floated onto the beach as storm-fed floods hit the region, authorities have said the remains could have come from almost anywhere.

Mamaroneck Police Department
Agency Phone Number: 914-777-7780

Doe Network 605UFNY

Shadowraiths' Map

Tattoos seem to be the link between many victims. Here are is a source from the NYjournal about the unidentified victim who was found dismembered in a suitcase in Mamaroneck. This article is about using the public's help to id her thru her tattoo:

Question Mamaroneck Police Look to Tattoo to ID Woman's Torso
MAMARONECK - Village police are flooding local tattoo parlors with flyers in their latest attempt to identify a woman's torso that washed up at Harbor Island Park over the weekend.

Detectives hope that Lower Hudson Valley tattoo artists can provide a clue to the body art on the woman's remains - the most significant piece of evidence police have to work with.

"We're going to start in Westchester and the New York metropolitan area," said Mamaroneck Village Police Lt. James Gaffney.

"There is no one area or no one parlor," he said. "We're going into these different areas because we feel obviously that is the best place to get a connection."

Police said the woman was likely Hispanic, 5-foot-4 to 5-foot-6 in height, 35 to 50 years old, and weighing 180 to 200 pounds.

Little else is known about the woman, whose limbless and headless torso was stashed in a suitcase found Saturday on the Harbor Island Park beach.

Gaffney said there are no "hot leads" in the case, but there have been telephone calls and a few leads to follow up on.

The probe is focused on the small tattoo above the woman's right breast, which shows two cherries with two leaves and a long stem. The entire design is less than 2 inches tall.

The image will be included on a flyer Mamaroneck police will distribute at area tattoo parlors, hoping artists or body-art aficionados will recognize the design.

Tattoo artists told The Journal News this week that the tattoo appears to be "a cover up" - a tattoo inked to cover up an earlier one.

"It's the type of case where you don't get quick results, and as a result you have to explore all your options," Gaffney said.

(This clip is from nyjournalnews but is no longer even on the web i pasted it from the crimeshots forum. here is ws thread about the case featuring some more links but this specific article is the only one I see which mentions the tattoo being a cover up: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-47571.html

Now if the tattoo was a coverup I believe it's possible the SK may have given the tattoo to cover up her tattoo which her family could identify.
Let's take a look back on the 1997 Peaches case "NCIC#: U-037859772 &#8220;Peaches&#8221;: In 1997 a woman&#8217;s torso was found in a black garbage bag, stuffed into a Rubbermaid container along with a floral pillow sham and red towel, in Hempstead Lake State Park in West Hempstead. Her head, arms, and legs were never found. her only identifying mark was a heart-shaped peach tattoo on her left breast. Neither her identity, nor her killer&#8217;s, has been determined. Photo credit: Nassau County Police Department, Homicide Squad" source http://archive.longislandpress.com/2010/07/01/long-islands-unidentified-murder-victims/

Police received a tip in this case: With little to go on, Brosnan had a photograph of the peach tattoo printed in a national tattoo magazine.

&#8220;This tattoo was kind of unique,&#8221; he says. &#8220;I&#8217;ve always thought that somebody would recognize her.&#8221;

One man did.

A Connecticut tattoo artist recognized the picture and remembered the girl he had given it to, a young black woman, aged 16-30, visiting from Long Island. She came into his shop with her aunt and cousin, and she mentioned something about having boyfriend problems.

-From LIpress above link....the Connecticut Tattoo artist...calls in and tells a story about Peaches which cannot be verified. It's a way for him to insert himself into the investigation and again its in the form of a phone call...just like Shannan's family, Melissa's sister and boyfriend and Megan's mom were all called. If the SK is a tattoo artist he may know the girls from giving them tattoos. When Amber left the house in sweatpants and a hoodie she could have been going to get a tattoo, Dave Schaller has alot of tattoos! A tattoo artist could cover up any identifiable tattoo. Perhaps he GAVE JT her Remy's Angel tattoo and that's why he tried to cover it up. He could also know John Terry had tattoos on his back because he was the Tattoo Artist who gave them to Terry!

"she mentioned something about having boyfriend problems"...This is very significant! The caller inserts himself into case and make a statement to steer the direction of the investigation towards the victims boyfriend. I think officer Brosnan mightve gotten one pulled over on him. Peaches may not have been from LI but it was way for the SK to get the police looking in the wrong location for the wrong suspect. If the young girl was visiting from Long Island and was close with her Aunt or Cousin there is a much greater likelihood her Aunt or Cousin might report her missing or hear about Peaches found on Long Island..so she may have been from somewhere else.

Tattoos seem to be the common denominator in this case and I think the Tattoo Artist call to officer Brosnan about Peaches was the SK calling to play with the police. The SK could be a Tattoo Artist since he knew John Terry's tattoos on his back. I would like to find out who gave John Terry those tattoos. He could have covered up the Mamaroneck womens tattoo with the Cherries because the police the say the Tattoo was a a coverup. Cherries, Peaches, Shannan had a cherry tattoo...i would like to organize all the info we have on tattoos in this case>

Tattoos seem to be the link between many victims. Here are is a source from the NYjournal about the unidentified victim who was found dismembered in a suitcase in Mamaroneck. This article is about using the public's help to id her thru her tattoo:
<rsbm>

I like this idea for a topic thread. I only see one problem with your post, and I'll describe it here for everyone's benefit.

1. We don't post entire articles. The (WS) copyright rule says 10% can be copied and pasted.

2. We must always include a link to the original source, which is primarily MSM. When the MSM link is no longer available, but the article is posted in entirety on another site (i.e., a message board, blog, google drive) with the original link, we can substitute a link to that site. The exception would be a site that is banned on WS. If that's the only source, then forget it. The link won't be allowed.

Can you post a link to the forum where the article appears, please?

TIA!

FYI: I moved the original tattoo thread to this sub-forum, and merged it with the new thread.

i always interpreted the slicing of the remy's angel tattoo as being done to say she's mine now, not yours(which also fueled some speculation elsewhere that this was gang-related rivalry)....if they were doing it as a forensic countermeasure, i believe, the sk would have gouged it completely out of the body..peaches and cherries are untouched(i believe, at least peaches was)..i believe the police have misinterpreted the gouging scratch out..just my humble interpretation, but one that i 99% feel right about

Someone with a peach tattoo may be from Georgie. The peach state. This killer is familar with areas where people go fishing. Perhaps LE should check with the NYS of DEC and see who has a fishing license. Bodies found in state parks with lakes and other areas near water says fisherman. Not clammer. That may be the burlap connection.

THE GB4

Megan Waterman : " Liette " on upper left arm, Capricorn sign on lower left arm, tribal tattoo on lower back.

Melissa Barthelemy: "Blaze" on upper back. (Interesting to note that, according to Johnny "Blaze" Terry, LISK called him on the phone and mentioned the tattoos on Terry's back.)

Maureen Brainard Barnes: "Nicolette", gray and black lilies, a red rose. Location of tattoos unknown.

Amber Lynn Costello: (From a single source, so take this with a grain of salt) Several tattoos. "Kaos" on her neck, a butterfly (unknown location), and Margaret (unknown location).

OTHERS

Shannan Gilbert : Cherries on her left wrist, scorpion on her back.

Jessica Taylor: "Remy's Angel" on back.

Jane Doe 6: Police believe she may have had a tattoo on her right ankle, since that part of her body had been cut off.

HEMPSTEAD

"Peaches" : Torso found in a Rubbermaid container, tattoo of a heart-shaped peach with a bite taken out of it over left breast.
Some photos can be seen here:
http://assets.longislandpress.com/photos/gallery.php?gazpart=view&gazimage=5482

MAMARONEK

Stabbed torso of a (possibly) Hispanic woman found in a suitcase that washed ashore on Mamaronek Beach. Tattoo of two cherries on her right breast. (Her right leg and foot later washed up in Cold Springs Harbor).

I've always felt that with JT's tattoo the SK didn't like that she referred to her self as an angel. Seems to me a little bit of hate and rage mixed in with the cuts and gauges. I mean this guy dismembered her if he wanted that tattoo gone he would of found a way. Makes me wonder if she was dead or alive for the mutilation. The way he referred to MB as a *advertiser censored* makes me feel like he didn't exactly like their line of work and would consider a prostitute the farthest thing from an angel.
Or maybe he was just having "fun". I was watching a documentary the other night about a SK who sometimes would cut the nipples off of his victims and when asked why his response was just cause he felt like it at the moment. No real reason. And from what I can see this SK likes to experiment and has evolved.

gia, interestingly enough..the fake facebook profiles all said "we are angels"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back