UID Victim: "Cherries", Mamaroneck, Blk/Hisp, 605UFNY, found Mar 2007

Yes, exactly. I realize it's completely speculative because we don't have a description but IMO it would be unlikely for a sex worker to not keep things maintained. This is a challenging topic to discuss respectfully but I was thinking about how you mentioned her stabbing was different/bothering you and this was another element that stood out to me. JMO

Hm I don't know if she was a sex worker she would most likely be street walker. And there are some street walkers who are really down and out

I submitted Wendy Robinson a few weeks ago, is has been on the submission list. People may not always be murdered or die the day after they disappear and they may not be dead at all, just don't want to be found. She could have hooked up with someone for a couple years before she was killed, no one knows. At times you have some good theories, but you have to think out of box with all possibilities.

I'm well aware someone can go missing and start a new life or be held captive or something and then end up murdered...but look at the circumstaces of the disappearances in the LISK case. Tanya Rush disappears from the area where Wendy did right around the projects there, and ends up dismembered on LI right away. Wendy goes missing and she doesn't end up on LI for 2 years? She sounds like an LISK victim whose body hasn't been found. If she's from Brooklyn, lived a similar lifestyle to Tanya, where is she gonna go for 2 years?

I'm well aware someone can go missing and start a new life or be held captive or something and then end up murdered...but look at the circumstaces of the disappearances in the LISK case. Tanya Rush disappears from the area where Wendy did right around the projects there, and ends up dismembered on LI right away. Wendy goes missing and she doesn't end up on LI for 2 years? She sounds like an LISK victim whose body hasn't been found. If she's from Brooklyn, lived a similar lifestyle to Tanya, where is she gonna go for 2 years?

That is the big mystery with all these case. Who did Peaches have the baby with? where was she living and why has she not been reported missing? Maybe she became the girlfriend of the killer that got tired of her. Maybe a pimp took her in and killed her 2 years later.

[FONT=&amp]I heard back from Doe Network today about a submission I did for Cherries, Sandra Laverne Cunningham https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24853/0/
"You submitted Sandra Cunningham and the panel at Doe Network [/FONT][FONT=&amp]declined to submit the match to law enforcement primarily due to distance, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]timing and statistics."

The main reason I thought she might be a match is that she is listed as having a tattoo on her "chest and breast" but it didn't say what the tattoo is of. She has no identifiers so that could have also factored in here.

Here's the details so we know what might not be a good match for the future: distance (Youngstown, OH to Mamorneck, NY 450 miles), timing (Sandra went missing July 8, 2006, Cherries found March 3, 2007 = about 8 months).
Statistics:
Height: Sandra 5'3", Cherries 5'7"-6'1" (BIG difference there)
Weight: Sandra 168, Cherries 180-200 (some difference but very few missing women are 180+)

I'm honestly not surprised by this. I hope it helps us find some good matches for Cherries. I'm not planning to update the submissions thread because she hasn't been ruled out through dental, DNA, or fingerprints.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I heard back from Doe Network today about a submission I did for Cherries, Sandra Laverne Cunningham https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24853/0/
"You submitted Sandra Cunningham and the panel at Doe Network [/FONT][FONT=&amp]declined to submit the match to law enforcement primarily due to distance, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]timing and statistics."

The main reason I thought she might be a match is that she is listed as having a tattoo on her "chest and breast" but it didn't say what the tattoo is of. She has no identifiers so that could have also factored in here.

Here's the details so we know what might not be a good match for the future: distance (Youngstown, OH to Mamorneck, NY 450 miles), timing (Sandra went missing July 8, 2006, Cherries found March 3, 2007 = about 8 months).
Statistics:
Height: Sandra 5'3", Cherries 5'7"-6'1" (BIG difference there)
Weight: Sandra 168, Cherries 180-200 (some difference but very few missing women are 180+)

I'm honestly not surprised by this. I hope it helps us find some good matches for Cherries. I'm not planning to update the submissions thread because she hasn't been ruled out through dental, DNA, or fingerprints.[/FONT]

I think you submitted a very good match. The problem is in this country in 2017, their technology is antiquated. It amazes me how we could send men to the moon over 40 years ago which was totally useless (that is if they ever went that's another story) but can't find an easy way to match unidentified remains to the missing with a click of a button. Sad state of affairs. what does distance have to do with it ? At the risk of being redundant Tammy Alexander went missing from Florida and found shot in the head in a corn field in New York State. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tammy_Alexander It took 30 years or more until an artist web sleuther put it together. I wonder howmany times prior she was submitted as a match and told "OHHH WELL WE DUNNO THE DISTANCE DOESN'T MAKE SENSE"

In general most people on drugs follow drugs to where ever it takes them, they are controlled by them.

There is something so wrong with all the missing and unidentified and there is no modern system in place to match these poor souls! People are kidnapped across state lines. There has to be 100's of unidentified in Namus that will match the missing, but everyone is moving at a snails pace or not at all "OH LOOKIE HERE THEY ARE FROM OHIO THE REMAINS ARE IN NEW YORK THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE AND LET'S GO to HAPPY HOUR! Why aren't the rule outs being posted on Namus? That is a no brainier it's called data entry, 2 minutes of work to post it.

The problem is everyone on this site cares, spends hours on end staying up all night, can't sleep looking for matches to send to an agency that doesn't give a ****. If it was politicians kids they would be all over it making changes.

Are you sure we aren't sending it to the post office to review? God forgive me but that is how I feel about it.

Thanks DQN. I agree that if unidentified remains were prioritized more in our country it would make a huge difference. IMO most people just don't take the time to think about it but if they even knew the number in their state they would be shocked. I thought she was a good or at least decent match too. I think part of it not passing the panel is the lack of identifiers. I did find a female relative of Sandra's on Facebook which I told Doe Network (in case they needed DNA) but I didn't contact the relative myself, as they advised against it. I do think the folks at Doe Network are trying their best.

I've started to notice so many issues with these databases. One seems to be that certain jurisdictions are good about entering cases quickly and with as many details as possible; others don't seem to even try. I have also noticed that with some cases there will be a sketch right away but with another there never is, even when it's been years.
Here's an example, both cases are from Suffolk County:
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/13776 Found in 2015, entered into NamUs about a month later, sketch included at some point
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/11852 Found in 1992, entered into NamUs in 2013, still no sketch yet "recognizable face"
I really hope this difference is because LE is doing a better job now than they did in 1992 and not because the UID in the '92 case was the victim of a SK targeting prostitutes or because of race.

The post above is why Congress needs to pass Billys Law. Sign the petition on Change.Org. Maybe someone can post it here and on the missing and UID forum or threads. Also flood facebook and other media sites to make the public aware.

Pay a little to get a little. If LE would enter the data into the databases they already have, then more of these unsolved cases would be solved with very little effort on their part. I'm sure the cost of someone to do data entry would be less than the cost to hire officers and investigators to review cold cases and unsolved cases. I believe the information to match Cherries and these other victims and to be able to identify them is out there, so close, but bureaucracy prevents it.

The good hearted people at the Doe Network are volunteers. I don't blame them. I blame our government for not doing more. As of now there is no easy way to do it in the computers. If there were, none of this would be an issue and we probably would not even be submitting matches (we wouldn't have too) it would all be cross referenced with the missing, then DNA added to the cases. . Even if DNA is not submitted a computer data base should be able to search out close matches and qualify a certain 10 or 20 people. The qualifiers could then be crossed checked with DNA electronically.

As far as Cherries goes, Western mentioned certain rule outs: If Cherries was 35 - 50, then she could be a match for a 51 year old. Is there that much difference between a 50 or a 51 year old? Doe Network is trying to lighten the work load (so they are taken seriously understood)and rule it down to closer matches. Yes Cherries may have been big boned. However, I had a friend (may she rest in peace) had a body type like an M & M with thin legs. If Cherries had a thick torso they assume she had a thick body, if she had thin legs she would not weigh in at 180. My point is anything is possible.

If there was a system in place Namus site listings would be reduced by 60 or 75% if not by more. Instead everything is looked at manually.

Western, during the 14 months my niece was missing if any one contacted us looking to help and they did, it was a blessing, anything to find her, we were very grateful. As long as you state who you are and the family can look you up on facebook or whatever they would have no problem with help in any direction. One family can not do everything nor can think of everything, or are thinking clearly. I have had private messages from families with missing relatives asking me to help find their loved ones. I think that speaks volumes. It's also sad they have to contact volunteer strangers, because LE or government does squat. They are too busy porking prostitutes and covering up their own corruption.

As I mentioned in my nieces story the DA didn't move on an arrest and conviction until my sister went into his office and dumped some her bones on his desk from a brown paper bag which was evidence left at the scene.

What about any of these women? I list them b/c of vitals even though there was no mention of tattoos. Probably not them, but I wanted to cover these bases.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/dotson_dorothy.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/lewis_velva.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/nicholson_juanita_m.html
I think those are all great matches! I think it's smart to not be preoccupied with the tattoo anymore -if there were an MP with that tattoo on file we would have found her by now.

I think those are all great matches! I think it's smart to not be preoccupied with the tattoo anymore -if there were an MP with that tattoo on file we would have found her by now.

And if the tat is on her breast maybe not that many people knew she had it. Dorothy Dotson's skin tone seems similar to this Doe (and her vitals are extrmely similar).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back