Chief Judge Belvin Perry shouts at the attorneys, something he never does

I truly hope that the CM obscene gesture did not actually happen.........because if it did and he was not summarily ejected from the courtroom then I'm going to have to change my good opinion of HHJBP. Unacceptable.........just unacceptable...........MOO

Bill Sheaffer is the person that reported seeing it.... I do not think HHJP could possibly have seen it or there would have been consequences.
I was hoping someone on Youtube or wherever would show up with a video showing when it happened....

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ny-have-you-ever-seen-anything-like-this.html

Someone mentioned that at the end of the hearing when they went up to talk with the judge CM said something about could he choose where to donate his $100.00. So maybe the judge did see it. jmo

Bill Sheaffer is the person that reported seeing it.... I do not think HHJP could possibly have seen it or there would have been consequences.
I was hoping someone on Youtube or wherever would show up with a video showing when it happened....

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ny-have-you-ever-seen-anything-like-this.html

It's possible he didn't see it. I just found out he only has one eye. He has an amazing/inspiring life story. Here's a clip:

Perry *advertiser censored* his head slightly to the right and scans the courtroom to see if anyone else has anything impertinent to say. The slight adjustment gives him an air of contemplation, but it is born of necessity. The judge only has one good eye.

He was 6 years old when he lost his right one. He and a friend were swordfighting with butcher knives, pretending to be Robin Hood. Perry zigged when he should have zagged, and the knife went into his right eye. Today, his eyelid rests low over a prosthesis, giving him a perpetually sleepy look.

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/April-2011/Order-in-His-Court/

IMO

It's possible he didn't see it. I just found out he only has one eye. He has an amazing/inspiring life story. Here's a clip:

Perry *advertiser censored* his head slightly to the right and scans the courtroom to see if anyone else has anything impertinent to say. The slight adjustment gives him an air of contemplation, but it is born of necessity. The judge only has one good eye.

He was 6 years old when he lost his right one. He and a friend were swordfighting with butcher knives, pretending to be Robin Hood. Perry zigged when he should have zagged, and the knife went into his right eye. Today, his eyelid rests low over a prosthesis, giving him a perpetually sleepy look.

IMO

Well, what do you know! I just thought he had a droopy eyelid!! That's amazing! I bet that's why he sits half sideways sometimes too.

Someone mentioned that at the end of the hearing when they went up to talk with the judge CM said something about could he choose where to donate his $100.00. So maybe the judge did see it. jmo

Oh, I was also hoping for a charity of your choice....maybe CM would donate to Tes :great:

Well, what do you know! I just thought he had a droopy eyelid!! That's amazing! I bet that's why he sits half sideways sometimes too.

Didn't think my heart could be any softer for this man. :heartluv:

JBP has stated over and over this will not be a 'trial by ambush' but that's exactly what JB pulled off.

JB's so called expert witness changed his opinions after his deposition but JA was never told. JB came prepared for the ambush with his witness, his smirk, his cocky attitude, and some sort of chart (the chart was not allowed). JA had many objections. One of which was an agreement that he and JB had that JB reneged on. JB looked straight at JA and said something like 'I hate to use the word coercion' and 'I had a contempt charge hanging over my head'. He was clearly making personal attacks toward JA and all but admitted he entered into an agreement with JA that he had no intent on keeping.

JA had had enough. The 'trial by ambush' was allowed and nothing happened to JB after personally attacking JA. JA blew his stack. The judge said JA could recall his witness (poor Dr. Vass) then re-question JB's witness but realistically we're supposed to be about a month from trial. I'm sure the SAs have better things to do than re-do depositions because the defense decided to play dirty pool AGAIN.

My personal opinion. I've said from the beginning that I wish JA could keep his emotions in check because I don't want a jury to think this trial is about winning at all cost but I have to say, JA had every right to blow his stack this time. He was ambushed. The judge allowed it. He was personally attacked and terrible accusations were made against him in open court, in front of the cameras and the viewing public. The judge had already stated many times the attorneys were not to address each other but again, JB got away with it.

I understand the logic that most people hold that JBP is just protecting the record against appeals. I agree to that logic to a degree but a line has to be drawn somewhere. The SA has the burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey did this. They are preparing for a trial that is supposed to start next month. It's simply not fair for the defense to keep getting away with these unscrupulous tactics.

JA ripped JB's expert to shreds. The expert tried to wiggle and worm his way out of directly answering even the most simple questions. JA was loud and aggressive with the witness but I believe it was because 1) he was ambushed and 2) the witness was intentionally skirting his questions and showed a clear bias for the defense...the complete opposite of Dr. Vass. Thankfully JA is a brilliant lawyer and can rip apart witnesses with no prior notice. He had to do it before with AL's witness and I have no doubt he'll be ambushed again and again.

I also think JA has been deeply and personally affected by Caylee's murder. The SAs are Caylee's only hope for justice. Her family abandoned her on day 32 and sided with her killer. JA is an honest, hard working, by-the-book SA and he is doing his best to deal with this [unusual] defense, their [unusual] client and this [unusual] family. But most of all, he is trying to get justice for a toddler who was brutally tortured, killed, put in garbage bags and thrown out like garbage. At the same time, protect society as a whole against a killer. On top of all that, he has to deal with JB/CM and their blatant disrespect for life and our judicial system.

IMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

IMO

Well dern. I call myself being able to detect this always but apparently I have never looked at him that close (my story and I am sticking to it,lol.) I share this with the most honorable judge and I missed it...usually we can detect this in others at first look but I sure missed this one. Rock on Judge....you may only have one good eye but you sure haven't lost anything when it comes to judging right from wrong in my book.

I have a very deep respect for Judge Perry, and his story touched my heart.

Just caught this post>>>>>>>>>:twocents: Perhaps CM, Esquire would donate to the illustrious and hard-working charity, CMA foundation. :truce: :sick: :truce:

You all know the one I mean...............:maddening::maddening: the CINDY MARIE ANTHONY foundational pocket book or is it the CASEY MARIE ANTHONY foundation of snacks?:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Give me a break, at least the United Way :rocker: DOES charity work by funding VARIOUS agencies! :innocent::innocent::innocent:

JBP has stated over and over this will not be a 'trial by ambush' but that's exactly what JB pulled off.

JB's so called expert witness changed his opinions after his deposition but JA was never told. JB came prepared for the ambush with his witness, his smirk, his cocky attitude, and some sort of chart (the chart was not allowed). JA had many objections. One of which was an agreement that he and JB had that JB reneged on. JB looked straight at JA and said something like 'I hate to use the word coercion' and 'I had a contempt charge hanging over my head'. He was clearly making personal attacks toward JA and all but admitted he entered into an agreement with JA that he had no intent on keeping.

JA had had enough. The 'trial by ambush' was allowed and nothing happened to JB after personally attacking JA. JA blew his stack. The judge said JA could recall his witness (poor Dr. Vass) then re-question JB's witness but realistically we're supposed to be about a month from trial. I'm sure the SAs have better things to do than re-do depositions because the defense decided to play dirty pool AGAIN.

My personal opinion. I've said from the beginning that I wish JA could keep his emotions in check because I don't want a jury to think this trial is about winning at all cost but I have to say, JA had every right to blow his stack this time. He was ambushed. The judge allowed it. He was personally attacked and terrible accusations were made against him in open court, in front of the cameras and the viewing public. The judge had already stated many times the attorneys were not to address each other but again, JB got away with it.

I understand the logic that most people hold that JBP is just protecting the record against appeals. I agree to that logic to a degree but a line has to be drawn somewhere. The SA has the burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey did this. They are preparing for a trial that is supposed to start next month. It's simply not fair for the defense to keep getting away with these unscrupulous tactics.

JA ripped JB's expert to shreds. The expert tried to wiggle and worm his way out of directly answering even the most simple questions. JA was loud and aggressive with the witness but I believe it was because 1) he was ambushed and 2) the witness was intentionally skirting his questions and showed a clear bias for the defense...the complete opposite of Dr. Vass. Thankfully JA is a brilliant lawyer and can rip apart witnesses with no prior notice. He had to do it before with AL's witness and I have no doubt he'll be ambushed again and again.

I also think JA has been deeply and personally affected by Caylee's murder. The SAs are Caylee's only hope for justice. Her family abandoned her on day 32 and sided with her killer. JA is an honest, hard working, by-the-book SA and he is doing his best to deal with this [unusual] defense, their [unusual] client and this [unusual] family. But most of all, he is trying to get justice for a toddler who was brutally tortured, killed, put in garbage bags and thrown out like garbage. At the same time, protect society as a whole against a killer. On top of all that, he has to deal with JB/CM and their blatant disrespect for life and our judicial system.

IMO

ITA, and I also think JA has to keep the long term effects of this case in mind. All of JB's shenanigans (those at depos and hearings) are going to be on the record. I can't imagine that he's not going pay down the road for being such an inept, unethical, awful attorney. I do feel JA's pain, though, as it's hard to keep that long view when things are happening right in front of his face and it seems like HHJP is letting JB get away with it. He's not. He's letting JB have enough rope to hang himself, his team, and his client many, many times. And I do believe that HHJP will be stricter come trial time. He knows what he's doing and he's keeping the long range effects in his view of this case. JA, at times, I think is too shortsighted, and he lets Baez get to him too much, not that I blame him in the least. Good Lord, I think most of us would have been homicidal against Baez starting two to almost three years ago much less way down the line almost until trial time. JA is saint, for at most, exchanging loud and heated words with Baez. I hope he and Linda had a talk afterwards, and that we'll see a different JA next hearing (not totally different, just more restrained towards JB).

IMO

WOW...now it makes sense. There have been times when I have seen photos of Judge Perry in court and his appearance seemed "off"...almost like someone who has suffered a minor stroke....

NOW it makes sense...

IMO

Thank you so much for pointing this out! I had not read the article. I always thought he just had a "lazy" eye.

If they ever make a movie about this case and the trial, Forest Whitaker would make a perfect Judge Perry with his sleepy eye. Judge Perry reminds me so much of Forest and I guess that's why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back