Child drowns at pool party

http://www.rrdailyherald.com/articles/2009/06/23/news/doc4a41324d38396193648999.txt

How could this happen with all of these adults around? Why were they allowed in the pool if they couldn't swim? God bless the family of this little boy.

My prayers for this family. We read stories like this every summer and it is very sad. I cannot place blame. Drownings can literally happen in the blink of an eye.

Crazy true story - 2 weeks ago we went to a pool birthday party at the house of some friends of ours - their son (one of my son's best friends) was turning 6 and they had invited all of his classmates.

The first lady to show up was a grandmother who brought her 6-year-old grandson to the party. She asked my friend if she could drop him off and my friend said "Sure - can he swim?" The grandmother said, "No." My friend said "Did you bring him a life jacket or anything?" The grandmother said, "No!" and then she left for the duration of the party.

There were lots of adults there (along with lots of kids) and my friend told every single one of us to watch that child like a hawk which, of course, we all did. But it was nerve-racking. I'm all about the drop off at birthday parties, but never in my wildest dreams would I leave a child who couldn't swim without me at a pool party.

How awful.

I once dropped my son when he was about 8 off at a pool party. A lot of the adults were staying to supervise and I did too. I ws horrified when I stepped out into the garden though to find they had the fathers disco equipment set up in the garden and the wires running along the top of the pool from it! ELECTRICAL WIRES! I kid you not!I was in total disbelief!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back