Childless couple adopts gorilla

Valleyboy

Grumpy Old Man..
Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1020071--childless-couple-adopts-gorilla

Digit the gorilla has a pretty sweet life. The 13-year-old spends the day playing with other gorillas in Saint Martin la Plaine Zoo near Lyon, France. By night, she spends the time with her adoptive parents, zookeepers Pierre and Eliane Thivillon.

The childless couple adopted Digit after the gorilla’s mother refused to breastfeed her. They share their home with Digit, even allowing the approximately 176-pound gorilla to sleep with them in their bed.

Melanie

Inactive
Reaction score
OMG - look how big and mean it looks. Sure it could be as sweet as a teddy bear, but no way! Not in my house. Does it potty on the toilet?

Bombshell - adopted gorilla attacks parents in their sleep.

That is reallly scary!!!

Mel

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Wow, a dog or a cat (or both) has always worked for me. A gorilla?

Badger

Reaction score
I usually try not to criticize the actions of others but this story is TOO bizarre. This 13 year old gorilla sleeps in their bed? Why???? And it's sibling became too aggressive and had to be returned to the zoo? What are they thinking?

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
This terrifies me, what are they thinking? Look at what happened to that lady attacked by the chimp

Those were my exact thoughts. This seems like a bad idea and an accident waiting to happen.

Schu7

Reaction score
I usually try not to criticize the actions of others but this story is TOO bizarre. This 13 year old gorilla sleeps in their bed? Why???? And it's sibling became too aggressive and had to be returned to the zoo? What are they thinking?

Maybe they wanted a few seconds a fame. Who knows.:loser:

21merc7

Reaction score
LES-EVADES-DE-LA-PLANETE-DES-SINGES-ESCAPE-FROM-THE-PLANET-OF-THE-APES-1971_reference.jpg