Chinese boy has eyeballs gouged out, corneas stolen

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by matou, Aug 27, 2013.

1. matou

matou #los2188

Warning: Disturbing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-trafficker-stole-corneas.html#ixzz2dE3AaSuc
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. Loading...

3. LJKaust

LJKaust New Member

I am so disgusted, I just have no words. I am the mother of a 6 yr old girl, who had both eyes operated on last year. One of the small risks was losi g her sight and I felt sick over it. To be this child's parent and have to try and cope with this, I just can't imagine. As for this poor child, I can only send love :(

4. matou

matou #los2188

About 300,000 patients in China need transplants each year, but only about 10,000 people can get them due to a lack of donors, state media said.
    Few Chinese agree to donate their organs after death, fuelling the rampant illegal market activity.
    Child organs are usually more expensive on the black market, an organ trafficker told Sina Internet news portal in 2010, as 'most people think the younger the donor is, the better the quality of organs'.
    Seven people were jailed last year when a teenager sold a kidney for an illicit transplant operation and used the proceeds to buy an iPhone and iPad.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-trafficker-stole-corneas.html#ixzz2dE54JxfO
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

5. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

That's absolutely horrible.

6. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

That poor child and his family... how awful!