Christie Brinkley splits with hubby #4

I just hear little bits and pieces about this so I am no expert but this lady has been married 4 times! No doubt she will marry for a 5th and 6th time.

She has children with this guy and was pushing to make this divorce very public instead of handling it privately. She wants to castrate this guy in public!! Seriously!

You do not smear the father of your children for the world to see. PERIOD!

Yeah, he is a for sure! He has sexual issues for sure but I am pretty sure she knew about this prior to the marriage.

I do not feel sorry for her. She is a smart woman who has money and beauty and could do much better in her life than she has.

i must agree with you pix......lol, in Time Magazine, there's a small section called "the bullseye" where they rate the hits & misses of pop culture....."the sinking feeling that Christie Brinkley will soon have her own reality show"....it wouldn't surprise me:rolleyes:

BRINKLEY DIVORCE CASE SETTLED
MODEL APPEARS TO SCORE VICTORY

". . .

The hard-fought deal's main sticking point - custody of the couple's two children, Jack, 13, and Sailor, 10 - was resolved with Brinkley getting sole custody and final decision-making power over the children.

Cook is allowed visitation and will be consulted regarding decisions about the children.
Brinkley retained ownership of all real estate holdings and her boat Sweet Freedom. She agreed to pay Cook a flat amount of $2.1 million, mainly to cover his legal costs.

The rest of the terms remain confidential, the pairs' attorneys said."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102008/news/regionalnews/brinkley_divorce_case_settled_119302.htm

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i must agree with you pix......lol, in Time Magazine, there's a small section called "the bullseye" where they rate the hits & misses of pop culture....."the sinking feeling that Christie Brinkley will soon have her own reality show"....it wouldn't surprise me:rolleyes:

While 2.1 million dollars would be a fortune to me, and I could live quite happily on it for the rest of my life and still leave plenty for my child, it's nothing to someone like Peter Cook. Any high living he does from now on, he'll have to fund it. I'm glad he didn't get any more of Christie's fortune.

While 2.1 million dollars would be a fortune to me, and I could live quite happily on it for the rest of my life and still leave plenty for my child, it's nothing to someone like Peter Cook. Any high living he does from now on, he'll have to fund it. I'm glad he didn't get any more of Christie's fortune.

Maybe he'll go back to dealing coke. I hear that's lucrative. But, of course, it probably involves more work than marrying a wealthy person.

Well, he's an architect who has done many homes in the Hamptons, so I imagine he has some money of his own.

Sounds like he decided to go ahead and settle - it must have been when the cocaine bust came out, and the gay truck stop. :eek: The psychologist nailed him, and now it's history. This is why Christie wanted the open trial, so he would start squirming. Maybe some will learn that when you take actions that will destroy your marriage, consequences happen. Though narcissists like this always think they won't be held accountable.

I don't know if he will be able to continue his business there in the Hamptons.

I admire Christie for sticking to her guns. Peter Cook underestimated her. I think her going public was two-fold. She exposed to the public what this perverted egomaniac was really like. Why hide it? The kids knew it already. Plus, she wanted to keep him away from the kids as much as possible; and I don't blame her. If going public was the only way to achieve this, so be it. Plus, he was after her money; and it appears that he didn't get much of it. He is a LOSER. Good riddance.

Well, he's an architect who has done many homes in the Hamptons, so I imagine he has some money of his own.

Sounds like he decided to go ahead and settle - it must have been when the cocaine bust came out, and the gay truck stop. :eek: The psychologist nailed him, and now it's history. This is why Christie wanted the open trial, so he would start squirming. Maybe some will learn that when you take actions that will destroy your marriage, consequences happen. Though narcissists like this always think they won't be held accountable.

I don't know if he will be able to continue his business there in the Hamptons.

Whats the story with the cocaine and the gay stuff? I never heard any of that Martha. Did he used to deal drugs or something?

I admire Christie for sticking to her guns. Peter Cook underestimated her. I think her going public was two-fold. She exposed to the public what this perverted egomaniac was really like. Why hide it? The kids knew it already. Plus, she wanted to keep him away from the kids as much as possible; and I don't blame her. If going public was the only way to achieve this, so be it. Plus, he was after her money; and it appears that he didn't get much of it. He is a LOSER. Good riddance.

Exactly. It makes me mad that people started criticizing her and talking about "revenge" (especially his attorney); all divorce courts are open in New York anyway, unless the Judge says otherwise.

She was protecting her children and her assets, and consequences and justice don't mean "revenge". A one night stand or short affair is one thing, but a years long one that is "paid" for - that's quite another, and if she forgave it it would probably just happen again.

Whats the story with the cocaine and the gay stuff? I never heard any of that Martha. Did he used to deal drugs or something?

I think he was busted for that long ago, in his 20's. I'm not sure; it hasn't come out much. I just read in one article yesterday that Christie said something about she only just found out that the bust was at a "gay truck stop".? (sounds like he really likes variety in his life, lol)

Sorry, don't remember which article I read, or if it's absolutely true, but if Christie said it on the stand I believe it - I just google Peter Cook and Christie Brinkley, and there are ALOT of articles about the trial.

Sometimes I think alot of these men who have sexual problems are really conflicted about their sexuality. It makes absolutely no sense that you would go looking for a young teenager when you are married to an absolute model, beauty at home. The psychologist said he kept needing people to tell him "what a great guy he is"; hmmm.

Thanks Martha. I didnt know Christie had brought it out on the stand I must have missed that. He sounds like an awful creep anyway. She's well rid of him. If he had gone near my 18 year old I'd have kicked his a$$:)

If he had gone near my 18 year old I'd have kicked his a$$:)

His mistress, the 18 year old, has a stepfather whom did everything but. He confronted him, the girls mother and he put restrictions on her - took away her car, etc., etc., and Cook had the nerve to just buy her another one. Unreal. He got what was coming to him.

His mistress, the 18 year old, has a stepfather whom did everything but. He confronted him, the girls mother and he put restrictions on her - took away her car, etc., etc., and Cook had the nerve to just buy her another one. Unreal. He got what was coming to him.

That's right. The stepfather then confronted Christie about it, with Peter looking on at the high school or college auditorium where she was getting an award.

I wonder why the mother didn't try harder to influence her, though? I DON"T forgive Bianchi the way Christie did as I think she was plenty old enough to know not to get involved with a married man and take money and gifts for it. She got $300,000 for it all too; what a great role model for young women everywhere.

I wouldnt have forgiven her either, she knew he was married.

I have been following this case closely and have not read anything about testimony involving a cocaine bust or a gay truck stop. Not saying there was not testimony about this, just saying I have not encountered it in any article - and I have been reading the Long Island newspapers regularly. Perhaps I missed the article that stated this?

I have been following this case closely and have not read anything about testimony involving a cocaine bust or a gay truck stop. Not saying there was not testimony about this, just saying I have not encountered it in any article - and I have been reading the Long Island newspapers regularly. Perhaps I missed the article that stated this?

"His life of recklessness began at least in the '80s, when Cook, then a male model, was busted selling cocaine "in a gay truck stop" on Long Island, Christie testified Tuesday."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0710200...g_wants_to_do_is_feed_at_the_troug_119300.htm

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20211107,00.html

He also admitted the cocaine bust while on the stand July 2nd (minus that it was a gay truck stop).

I wouldnt have forgiven her either, she knew he was married.
I think that the 18-year-old did it for the money and gifts. There is no way that I believe that this young girl would look at a guy 3x her age for anything else.

I don't understand why Christie had to pay the creep one cent??

I don't understand why Christie had to pay the creep one cent??
I don't either. I'm assuming that this was money accumulated during the marriage, but I don't know. I hope that he has to pay child support for the two children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back