Christina Laurean

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, there are some unanswered questions that the LE don't have the answers to. I think they want CL back as fast as they can get him to ask those questions.

I'm not sure that they will get them, but even if they get one or two, IMO, it might change what they have so far.

I think the LE, are sure that Christina has told them the truth so far...but, I think there are some lingering doubts amongst some of them.....

That is why, IMO, they want to question CL to make sure that the charges they bring to the Prosecutor's Office can be presented to a jury with the knowledge that they have enough evidence to convince the Jury that CL is guilty of at least murdering Maria (or being involved in a cover up.)

And there's the rub...............I keep hearing and seeing from the LE that Christina is "innocent"..............

That is why it is so important to get CL back and let him "talk".

Well they let her think they trusted her but did not and she found that out when they raided her sister's home.

I agree with you, Littledeer. I am convinced they have lingering questions, doubts and they are not uncovering the answers. They want to know his timeline that day imo. One imo is when Maria was actually there the second time and how long it took him to do all the things he would have had to do and be sitting there smug as a bug in a rug when Christina walked through that door. I think they too question how he could have achieved all of those things in the very tight timeline they have. Now if she was there or walked into find this and helped him to cover up and clean up it means he had all the time in the world to accomplish what he had to do.

I remember DA Hudson said "some things in this case do not add up" and I believe he was and still is wrestling with the timeline perimeters they have to work with.

imoo

For sure, what Christina looks like, I wonder if we may be getting some information from those NOT in the Military that know her?

From reading over at OTC it appears NO ONE who attended the Bonfire/Barbeque has EVER come forward, at least not to the Media. They may however have done so to the Marine authorities.

I don't think Christina looks anything like Maria and I think that photo released via Dateline was probably an old one. The only thing alike in their photos is the middle part in their hair.

For sure, what Christina looks like, I wonder if we may be getting some information from those NOT in the Military that know her?

From reading over at OTC it appears NO ONE who attended the Bonfire/Barbeque has EVER come forward, at least not to the Media. They may however have done so to the Marine authorities.

I don't think Christina looks anything like Maria and I think that photo released via Dateline was probably an old one. The only thing alike in their photos is the middle part in their hair.

Since Christina was a reservist when this happened I would think she is known both in and out of the Corps. Personally I think there are some people that know a lot about her. Things she may not want known. Like how she may have talked about Maria and if she made statements like "I wish she was dead" or whatever.

We can better believe that McNeil is going to be nosing around to find out.

imoo

I wonder how long it will take Christina to go see Cesar now that he will be coming back to N.C.?

I woke up this morning and read the news about the forthcoming extradition on Fox! I couldn't believe it! I have wanted this for so long! I have read it may be one week or maybe October.

today it was in paper and posted here that the wife flew to Mexico to visit CeasarL
now will she be willing to testify against him? will she still help LE?

today it was in paper and posted here that the wife flew to Mexico to visit CeasarL
now will she be willing to testify against him? will she still help LE?
She's been back from Mexico for almost two weeks now.

The fiancee of the Boston hotel murderer/rapist is standing by her man. So are her parents. Casey's parents are standing by their daughter. As another poster pointed out on this thread, women sometimes turn their heads and when husbands/boyfriends molest their children.

I don't know that Christina standing by her man is evidence that she participated in the murder or helped him cover it up.

The fiancee of the Boston hotel murderer/rapist is standing by her man. So are her parents. Casey's parents are standing by their daughter. As another poster pointed out on this thread, women sometimes turn their heads and when husbands/boyfriends molest their children.

I don't know that Christina standing by her man is evidence that she participated in the murder or helped him cover it up.
It's not just standing by him, it's the fact that the crime occurred in their home/attached garage and Maria's remains were found in the sparsely landscaped back yard. I still find it hard to believe she was totally oblivious, being a Marine herself. MOO

Is Christina Next?

Cesar Laurean is set to spend the rest of his life in prison, but the soap-opera like drama surrounding his conviction and the murder of 8 month pregnant Maria Lauterbach is not over yet. Laurean's wife could be next up in court.

A two and a half year saga: a murder, a suspect, and two weeks ago, a verdict as Cesar Laurean was convicted of first degree murder. The victim's mother tearfully smiled, Laurean's family tearfully claimed it was not right. Not a word from the convicted killer's wife, Christina. Christina Laurean did not testify on her husband's behalf. She also never spoke publicly about he murder of Maria Lauterbach, under orders from the Marine Corps. Now, the District Attorney said he plans to speak up.

"I can conclusively say today she was not involved in the murder," said DA Dewey Hudson. "She was contemplating suicide during all this and wrote letters to him."

The DA said Christina is another victim, and soon, his office will release Christina's diary: a diary in the form of letters to her fugitive husband.

"The one I remember particularly was where she was talking about how people in base looked at her like she was guilty," said Hudson.

Once those documents are release,d the DA said he will be able to verify if the State will pursue a case against Christina Laurean for aiding and abetting a fugitive. Two thing must be proven to convict her.

"She's got to number one know he committed a murder," said Hudson. "And number two assist him either by money or give him information that would help him escape arrest."

more at http://www.wcti12.com/news/24915232/detail.html

Is Christina Next?

Cesar Laurean is set to spend the rest of his life in prison, but the soap-opera like drama surrounding his conviction and the murder of 8 month pregnant Maria Lauterbach is not over yet. Laurean's wife could be next up in court.

A two and a half year saga: a murder, a suspect, and two weeks ago, a verdict as Cesar Laurean was convicted of first degree murder. The victim's mother tearfully smiled, Laurean's family tearfully claimed it was not right. Not a word from the convicted killer's wife, Christina. Christina Laurean did not testify on her husband's behalf. She also never spoke publicly about he murder of Maria Lauterbach, under orders from the Marine Corps. Now, the District Attorney said he plans to speak up.

"I can conclusively say today she was not involved in the murder," said DA Dewey Hudson. "She was contemplating suicide during all this and wrote letters to him."

The DA said Christina is another victim, and soon, his office will release Christina's diary: a diary in the form of letters to her fugitive husband.

"The one I remember particularly was where she was talking about how people in base looked at her like she was guilty," said Hudson.

Once those documents are release,d the DA said he will be able to verify if the State will pursue a case against Christina Laurean for aiding and abetting a fugitive. Two thing must be proven to convict her.

"She's got to number one know he committed a murder," said Hudson. "And number two assist him either by money or give him information that would help him escape arrest."

more at http://www.wcti12.com/news/24915232/detail.html

I have no doubt people do look at her like she is guilty. I would have thought she would have at least divorced him and try to distance herself from him. That may have helped her to look more like a victim herself, which to an extent I know she was. I'm still not convinced she was only a victim.

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that I got a post from Anne Lauterbach that there will be no case against Christina. Apparently no charges will be filed and the investigation is over. :banghead: :furious: :furious:

District Attorney Dewey Hudson will hold a press conference at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 26th, regarding the investigation of Christina Laurean. He will explain and release documents about what Christina Laurean knew about the death of Maria Lauterbach and the escape and apprehension of Cesar Laurean in Mexico. He will also make public information that supports the decision of the jury which found Cesar Laurean guilty of murdering Maria Lauterbach.

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/laurean-83990-press-hudson.html

District Attorney Dewey Hudson will hold a press conference at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 26th, regarding the investigation of Christina Laurean. He will explain and release documents about what Christina Laurean knew about the death of Maria Lauterbach and the escape and apprehension of Cesar Laurean in Mexico. He will also make public information that supports the decision of the jury which found Cesar Laurean guilty of murdering Maria Lauterbach.

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/laurean-83990-press-hudson.html

BBM

So it appears there is nothing to connect Christina to Maria's death if the new information supports the jury's verdict. I am still interested in what the press conference will yield and how they can determine she "knew nothing". MOO

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that I got a post from Anne Lauterbach that there will be no case against Christina. Apparently no charges will be filed and the investigation is over. :banghead: :furious: :furious:

Is she still named on the civil lawsuit?

I'm not sure Panthera. I can ask Anne and see if she will tell me. I for one plan to watch the presser so i can hear it for myself. Not that I don't believe Anne - I just feel so sorry for Anne and Mary at this point. At least Cesar is behind bars but Christina should be there as well!!! :furious:

Laurean’s wife will not be charged in Lauterbach’s murder

Updated 4:14 PM Tuesday, October 26, 2010

CLINTON, N.C. — A North Carolina prosecutor said Tuesday a former Marine’s wife had no involvement in the 2007 bludgeoning death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach of Vandalia.

District Attorney Dewey Hudson said Christina Laurean will not face any charges, according to the Jacksonville, N.C., Daily Sun. He said Christina Lauterbach a passed lie detector test was interviewed multiple times by police.

Dayton lawyer Merle Wilberding filed a wrongful death lawsuit against both Laureans in 2009 on behalf of Lauterbach’s family. The lawsuit contends Christina Laurean found Lauterbach’s wallet after her disappearance and helped to build the backyard firepit.

more here

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...-be-charged-in-lauterbachs-murder-986567.html

Another case made me remember this one, so I pulled up this old thread and skimmed through it. I see Christina has moved on with her life - divorcing Cesar and remarrying. Pictures of her during the case were very scarce and I always wondered what she looked like - so thanks jeviop74 for linking the above wedding photos. I still think she had some involvement with Maria's death - or at least she knew about it even though she was never charged.

May Maria and her baby son rest peacefully in Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305