Christmas 1996

When I was younger I could repeat the whole year for you. Course not now...

Think how young she was and wouldn't she be able to connect it by the kids ages, especially with three of them.

I think she probably can remember, whether she can prove it or not remains to be seen.

I would remember if he had been gone. Mr Tybee has mised two of my birthdays in 28 years of being together because of business trips. 1998 and 2001. LOL So I would definitly remember a missed Christmas.

I know that I was in Los Angeles spending the holidays with my family. I am pretty sure that that was the year my sister dressed herself, husband, and three kids all in matching red plaid outfits (ugh!) and have pictures that I can check to verisy.. I remember that I was in my mother's family room watching TV when news about the murder of JonBenet first came on.

I sure do..our son was 9 months old, we'd had three new babies in the family that year and Christmas for the whole family (over 50 people) was at our house. And my parents were visiting. I remember most Christmases by.. 1) if one or both family celebrations were at our house and 2) how late I'd stayed up Christmas Eve wrapping presents.....

Interestingly, the lawyer for the ex wife has modified the alibi given by the wife just a little bit. She can't say for sure that he was there at this particular Christmas, but she cannot recall a time that he was gone. She is now trying to confirm her thoughts, but in reality she really doesn't know for certain.
He also said that she feels he could be capable of just about anything.

akgal said:
Can any one say for sure who they spent Christmas with in 1996?

I'm supposing if I had been married and my husband didn't spend Christmas with me and my kids, I might remember that. But I've been trying to remeber what I did for Christmas that year and I can't remember.

I can take a guess that I spent it with pretty much the same people I do every year (my family), but I wouldn't be able to tell you which of my family were there and which ones weren't.
I know exactly where my family and I spent Christmas 1996. I even remember some of the gifts we gave the kids.;)

1996....I wouldn't have known, where I was, who I was with, or what I was doing! :liar:

JBean said:
Interestingly, the lawyer for the ex wife has modified the alibi given by the wife just a little bit. She can't say for sure that he was there at this particular Christmas, but she cannot recall a time that he was gone. She is now trying to confirm her thoughts, but in reality she really doesn't know for certain.
Oh dear, things are a changing!

I know my husband bought me a new briefcase that year because I had an interview for a job on 18th and was offered the job straight away. Hubby bought me the briefcase for my new job :)

I also know that my husband bought me a snowbaby and a bag of Thornton's cherry truffles. We spent Christmas Day at home, my parents were with us and my father wore his party hat all day long. How do I remember this? Simple - it was what we always did at Christmas. I always get a snowbaby and a bag of Thorntons and we always have Christmas at home with my parents (just Mum now) staying.

That year my father was ill. On Christmas Eve, he drunk an entire bottle of Mazola cooking oil thinking it was diluting orange juice. He suffered for days.

When you have family traditions, you tend to remember the ODD times - not the normal ones.

I was at home with my family. My first love had just left me some week before, so I remember that one...

JBean said:

Additionally, Thai officials are backing away from prior reports that had Karr saying he picked Jon Benet up at school and that he drugged her.

Wudge said:
Additionally, Thai officials are backing away from prior reports that had Karr saying he picked Jon Benet up at school and that he drugged her.
saw that, the Thai investigator got some info from a documentary lol. Those thai officials are full of it.

Yep, I can remember where I was, as we always spend Christmas in FL :)

Particulars? nope! More than likely have pictures,--somewhere!

I do save all of my calendars, marked with events, so I guess if it was really important, I could haul them out. :) LOL My living diaries :)

you almost made me cry! Hope things are better now.

In my opinion, the Christmas that would be most memorable would be the one where your husband wasn't home, all the rest would sort of blend together, but I am firmly convinced that anyone would remember that.

tybee204 said:
I would remember if my husband was not home for Christmas when we had young children. Were he to be gone Christmas my kids would have been on meltdown and he would have had hot burning coal in his stocking.

ITA. He would have been in deep trouble.

I distinctly remember Christmases where something different happened. The one when I tried to phone my mother who was in a nursing home and she wouldn't speak to me. The one when my FIL was sick and it turned out a few days later that he was near death. The one when my daughter had surgery just a few days before. Other than that, or years of memorable presents (hubby gave me a chain saw, daughter got a kitten) I couldn't say much about any particular holiday.

But for sure I would remember if hubby was absent. No doubt.

Bev said:
you almost made me cry! Hope things are better now.

In my opinion, the Christmas that would be most memorable would be the one where your husband wasn't home, all the rest would sort of blend together, but I am firmly convinced that anyone would remember that.
Thaks Bev, you are kind. Everything is fine now, family and wondeful kids.

Actually I think I can backtrack every Christmas since then, all very happy :)

Why is the ex wife just now in search of pictures of xmas 96? Wouldn't the DA have asked the ex wife and brother to find the pictures before now? This is *advertiser censored** backwards.

packerdog said:
Why is the ex wife just now in search of pictures of xmas 96? Wouldn't the DA have asked the ex wife and brother to find the pictures before now? This is *advertiser censored** backwards.
Hi PD..they did not question her prior at all, actually i am not sure they have contacted her yet. This was supposed to be a very quiet investigation until they felt compelled to arrest.

JBean said:
Hi PD..they did not question her prior at all, actually i am not sure they have contacted her yet. This was supposed to be a very quiet investigation until they felt compelled to arrest.
JBean, the DA made a strong point of mentioning that sometimes arrests have to be made before the investigation is complete. I'm wondering how substantive any corroborating evidence against Karr is??

Where was I? At home but to remember that day in particular and thankfully being Christmas, I would check my calendar. I save em all cause like LaMer, I mark all my calendars with stuff. Diary for me as well. :)

Seems as if things stated are now being denied or backed off from. I will state that LE would definitely have to prove that Karr killed anyone. Guess I would be wondering at the statements he made that are just flat wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back