Christmas photos

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tadpole12, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Active Member

Christmas Photos
    I've been reviewing the two Christmas photos of JonBenet and have come across some things that bother me.
    First of all, if the picture of Jonbenet and Patsy was taken on Christmas morning why were the curtains shut? The room seemed too dim for it to have been daylight outside and if you look behind Patsy she has a shadow like all the light is on the other side of the room. I think this picture was taken Christmas night instead of that morning. Also, if this is true then it would place the picture taking in the same evening that Scott Gibbons claimed he saw strange lights- could he have noticed the camera flashing? Though curtains are generally believed to block out all light I have tested this theory. If a picture is taken directed towards a thick curtain, light will be seen on the other side. However, if you use a flashlight the beam is not strong enough nor covers the same area as a camera flash, making it much less noticeable. This is a possible explanation for the strange lights Scott Gibbons observed.
    Another reason I believe this picture was JonBenet's last is the difference in clothing she is wearing in the other picture. In the picture of JonBenet and her mother she appears to be wearing a simple, cotton, long-sleeved shirt much like the one she wore to the White's party and the one she was wearing when she was found in the cellar. Yet, in the picture where she is surrounded by gifts, her night shirt looks like it has a collar, ruffles, and possibly a v-neck. In this picture she seems full of energy, but in the other both mother and daughter look fatigued from a long day. Also, in both photos her hair is styled the way Patsy claims she fixes it when she is preparing her for bed.
    These are my questions, theories, and opinions, as always I'm waiting for y'all's excellent input. You've all helped make things clearer in the past so if you have any opinions about these pictures let me know. - Rayvn

2. Loading...

3. claudicici

claudicici Active Member

do you have a link to the photos ?

4. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Active Member

Hi Ravyn.

Ya. I'm really gonna have to review those photos again! Very interesting observations.

"Yet, in the picture where she is surrounded by gifts, her night shirt looks like it has a collar, ruffles, and possibly a v-neck. In this picture she seems full of energy, but in the other both mother and daughter look fatigued from a long day. Also, in both photos her hair is styled the way Patsy claims she fixes it when she is preparing her for bed." -R

The Ramsey's claim that no video or photos exist of Christmas day ... that's another stumper for me. Hard to imagine that they would not just run out to the convenience store and buy some.

It's been speculated that JBR's reaction to her gift the My Twin Doll, was a point of friction. I can understand that as the dolls and concept creep me out,

http://www.mytwinn.com/custom-dolls-my-twinn.html

and little girls can be very sensitive about the appearance of dolls. Either they find a doll appealing or NOT. Sometimes they are fearful of a doll, to the point of hysterics.

Rayvn I just don't know! I wish the photos at the Whites party were available to see her demeanor.

Ty for the observation on hairstyling .....

5. Ravyn

Ravyn New Member

Tad, I think they said the video camera wasn't charged,but the LE took the photos from the R's camera.Cause that's wht the scarf was asked aboout.Well I seen pages from his book on acandyrose and he said that JBR wasn't wearing the red turtle neck but the shirt she was found in.I was just thinking when Scott Gibbons said he saw strange lights so I started looking at the photos,now unless the R's had strobe lights or U.F.O. I thought a flash from a camera then I tested my theory had help with kids.

6. Ravyn

Ravyn New Member

Steve Thomas's book guess it would be nice if I said who's book.

7. claudicici

claudicici Active Member

...that there are no videos or photos of christmas day has always been a red flag to me....there is no way ,no way at all ,that patsy who is all about how things look in pictures would have let christmas day go by without having those perfect memory pictures....no way at all....
    ....that doll was creepy to me too,i sort of remember the pic and jonbenet does not look happy about being cloned...wasn't there a significance about that doll,like a piece of tape and then john had another one send to his office...i don't remember....

8. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Active Member

9. claudicici

claudicici Active Member

...thank you tadpole,what an amazing timeline....it seems to me like jonbenet was trying to become her own person that day,it's so sad,she rejected the doll,she did not want to wear the outfit her mom chose,did she not also refuse to perform at the white's party...

10. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Active Member

That's cool Ravyn. also iirc the Ramsey's were question about photos taken of JBR in the basement area, but I'm kinda fuzzy on that info right now ... I'll look around see what I can find.

11. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Active Member

Hi claudicici.

Hmmm.
    "did she not also refuse to perform at the white's party" - C

I wasn't aware of that.
    It is so sad, as you describe.

12. Ravyn

Ravyn New Member

Tad,since I read in a post that JR called the garrote a twister and done research well I think if I remembercorrectly he was in the Navy right

13. Ravyn

Ravyn New Member

Well my boyfreind was in the Army and when he saw the photo of the garrote he said that look like a tourniquet and I asked him if the called them twister he said no,a twister was like when you use like piano wire and two sticks I was thinking he might try to throw the LE off.

14. claudicici

claudicici Active Member

...yes i remember that also,not having pictures of christmas is really really odd to me...i'm sure patsy would have made john charge that camera....there must have been something they did not want theworld to see,,,maybe jonbenet was acting up and patsy was upset..

15. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Active Member

ya former navy officer

16. JMO8778

JMO8778 ..at the beach!

the photos in the basement were said to be 'cutesy',or something to that effect.rightoffhand,that's all I can recall.

17. Ames

Ames New Member

I agree with you about there being no videos or photos of Christmas. They claimed that the battery had ran down in their cam-corder. But, they could have used the cord. I have had to do that many times. I just don't buy that story at all. And there isn't a person that I know, that doesn't take pictures of their children on Christmas. Why were there only two pictures? The one with Patsy grasping JB's arm, and the one with JB with her unopened presents. I believe that they would have taken alot more than that. Something is fishy about that whole thing.

JB had two dolls that have been talked about on the boards (I am sure that she way more than that, but those are the only significant ones). She got the MYTWINN doll for Christmas, but she also had an American Girl doll...that is the one that you are thinking of that had the tape on it. The reason for the tape is weird....the doll has a string around it's neck, and when you brush it's hair, the string get's tangled in the brush...so the manufactorer's suggest putting tape over the string, in the back, to keep that from happening. This is the doll that "disappeared", and someone ordered another one that came to John's office right after JB died.

18. VespaElf

VespaElf Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)

For me too a huge "red flag" was the supposed lack of photos........Ive always suspected when PP did the "a few things for the funeral" clean out those went with her (and who knows what other evidence).What really disturbs me though is why?Even if JB was fussing & Patsy was crying or whatnot in the pics those really couldnt be damaging as everyone was playing happy family at the White's that night so the arguement could be mad Christmas DAY wasnt the greatest but by Christmas NIGHT all was well.
    IMO the reason the pics 'dissapeared' was not WHAT was in them but WHO...........I have always felt there was at least one other family member present(possibly male).

19. Ames

Ames New Member

Look at the picture of Patsy and JB together, on Christmas morning. I ...along with alot of other poster's.....believe that Patsy had been crying. Her eyes are all swollen, and her face is red. Something happened...she was probably crying because JB didn't like that MYTWINN doll.

20. VespaElf

VespaElf Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)

I have no doubt she was crying as HER "picture perfect"Christmas was "ruined" but why lie?Why make the obvious lie about the camcorder battery dying etc etc Why not release ALL the photos and the VERY possible camcorder footage to LE then ? Patsy being upset that JBR didnt like a doll isnt damaging in and of itself.Clearly there was more going on in the captured memories of that day. I have always assumed the reason for lying & hiding the pics(yet more EVIDENCE the R's have hid)was because there were person/persons in those photos that they (R's)didnt want LE to see.

I will also note that,for myself,it was these seemingly "silly"lies that R's told that have made me a RDI believer.If you lie about LITTLE things(photos,underwear etc) why should I believe you wont lie about BIG things(ransom notes,murder)??? If you have nothing to hide why would you lie?

21. KoldKase

KoldKase New Member

Interesting thread and ideas. Thanks for starting it, Tadpole.

What always struck me about the photo of Patsy and JonBenet was how neat JonBenet's hair was.

Obviously, someone brushed and put her hair into a ponytail at the top. That's never been addressed or mentioned by the Ramseys that I have seen as an activity done that morning. Kids usually don't get up for Santa presents and do their hair first, so when did it get done?

That's another thing that bothers me in the autopsy photos. JonBenet's hair, as it was photographed at the crime scene in the home and at autopsy has never been revealed during all of Smit's propaganda spin. Why not? What we can see looks disheveled, but it's hard to tell if she even had the "two ponytails" we have heard of often. Did she have those at the Whites' party? We don't know because those photos have never been released, not by Team Ramsey. Why is THAT?

When Team Ramsey picks and chooses what propaganda the public will see, I always thing about what they don't ALLOW US to see and why.